Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 37.69 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mark Carver
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 17th 20, 01:33 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 66
Posted By Mark Carver
FTTP question

On 17/08/2020 11:22, Andy Burns wrote:
Plusnet Support Team wrote:

I recently moved into a new build house that's served by Hyperoptic.
I haven't activated the service though

You'd...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 11th 20, 08:54 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 66
Posted By Mark Carver
FTTP question

On 10/08/2020 20:43, Brian Gregory wrote:
On 10/08/2020 10:01, Mark Carver wrote:
On 10/08/2020 02:02, Brian Gregory wrote:

You should read some of the stories about drug cartels using...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 10th 20, 10:01 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 66
Posted By Mark Carver
FTTP question

On 10/08/2020 02:02, Brian Gregory wrote:
On 09/08/2020 21:30, MB wrote:
There are some nasty stories about them having live electric
connections to feeders and equipment to injure or worse...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 7th 20, 08:47 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 66
Posted By Mark Carver
FTTP question

On 07/08/2020 08:18, Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd wrote:
Seems that the pirates also decided that Crystal Palace was a
good place to put up their illegal aerials. Surprise.
My roof...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 7th 20, 08:43 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 66
Posted By Mark Carver
FTTP question

On 06/08/2020 18:18, Andrew wrote:

Seems that the pirates also decided that Crystal Palace was a
good place to put up their illegal aerials. Surprise.

The area is, but the Crystal Palace...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 5th 20, 01:36 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 66
Posted By Mark Carver
FTTP question

On 05/08/2020 12:36, Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 05 Aug 2020 11:57:02 +0100, Graham J wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:

[snip]

Someone I know in Bracknell has a dish on his roof, with line...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 5th 20, 08:49 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 66
Posted By Mark Carver
FTTP question

On 05/08/2020 00:39, Brian Gregory wrote:
On 04/08/2020 21:36, Vir Campestris wrote:
The final straw was being in a valley equidistant between Hannington
and Crystal Palace, so even the TV...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 29th 20, 04:07 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 72
Posted By Mark Carver
when moving to fibre...

On 29/07/2020 15:48, Andrew wrote:

And BT Smart hubs have the 'engineer' password on view on a label on the
back of the router. So if you have it near a front window, positioned
with the back...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 29th 20, 12:04 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 72
Posted By Mark Carver
when moving to fibre...

On 29/07/2020 11:54, Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jul 2020 11:38:53 +0100, Mark Carver
wrote:

On 29/07/2020 09:38, tim... wrote:
I'm mulling over what...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 29th 20, 11:38 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 72
Posted By Mark Carver
when moving to fibre...

On 29/07/2020 09:38, tim... wrote:

I'm mulling over what is the risk of setting it to something guessable
We're talking about the router log in, no one (unless they break into
your house, and...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 28th 20, 12:03 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 72
Posted By Mark Carver
when moving to fibre...

On 28/07/2020 11:08, tim... wrote:

"[snip]

Instead of which, I'm a ****ed off customer fed up with waiting 30
minutes or more for their inadequately staffed call centre, each time
I...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 22nd 20, 08:06 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 72
Posted By Mark Carver
when moving to fibre...

On 22/07/2020 08:02, tim... wrote:
Will the old wired BB be turned off?

My Fibre is to be activated on Friday

What sort of fibre ? FTTC, FTTP, or Virgin ?
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 24th 20, 05:03 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 7
Posted By Mark Carver
Plusnet "reward card"

On 23/06/2020 13:24, Chris wrote:
Hi all,

My PN contract is coming to an end and they're promoting their new
deals with the above-mentioned card. There are very few details what
the...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 7th 20, 09:13 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 34
Posted By Mark Carver
Recommendations for Mesh Wifi please, wired backhaul preferred

On 06/04/2020 10:44, Chris Green wrote:
So, does anyone have any specific recommendations (or the opposite)
please?
I use Ubiquiti Lite APs with a controller. You can get away without the...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 1st 20, 09:31 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 118
Posted By Mark Carver
Plusnet: Drastic traffic shaping.

On 31/03/2020 22:14, Chris Green wrote:
Graham. wrote:
[snip lists of working/not working stuff]
The odd thing is I can't see any one else complaining, could...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 3rd 20, 04:22 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 10
Posted By Mark Carver
Zen Internet Nationwide Outage

On 03/02/2020 12:55, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
I read the OP.
I had to give them a reality check on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ZenInternetHelp/status/1224252543565553665

Domestic or...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 31st 20, 04:21 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 11
Posted By Mark Carver
banned list

On 31/01/2020 15:53, critcher wrote:

but plenty of others are posting on there, so it can't be an all
inclusive post ban.
Thanks for the replies and help.

It's AIOE that has closed posting...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 4th 19, 08:15 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 11
Posted By Mark Carver
Openreach faultfinding gobledegook

On 02/11/2019 15:47, Graham J wrote:

But in this case I only heard of the visit after the event - hence my
initial question to the group.* Nobody has come forward with anything
very useful...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 2nd 19, 02:38 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 11
Posted By Mark Carver
Openreach faultfinding gobledegook

On 01/11/2019 13:32, Graham J wrote:

It matters because in my experience the Openreach technicians
sometimes make mistakes, and it pays to ask for more details in order
to challenge their...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 1st 19, 12:33 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 11
Posted By Mark Carver
Openreach faultfinding gobledegook

On 01/11/2019 12:16, Graham J wrote:
A non-technical friend has been advised by an Openreach technician
that the reason for her poor phone line quality (which affects the
speed and...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 13th 19, 05:18 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 5
Posted By Mark Carver
Modem/router or just router for Sky Fibre

On 13/07/2019 13:53, MissRiaElaine wrote:

We did for a time use an AVM Fritz!Box, it took me ages to prise the
login details out of Sky, but the information they gave me at the time
was...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 13th 19, 01:18 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 5
Posted By Mark Carver
Modem/router or just router for Sky Fibre

On 13/07/2019 11:33, Paddy Dzell wrote:

Can anyone suggest a suitable modem/router or, being as I have the white
Openreach VDSL modem (Huawei HG612), a suitable router to connect to it?
I...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 10th 19, 05:32 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 13
Posted By Mark Carver
Interest 'BT' try-on call this morning

On 10/06/2019 14:13, tim... wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message ...

Another dodgy BT try-on call - I'm not even with BT LOL

Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 7th 19, 09:58 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 22
Posted By Mark Carver
Someone's "stolen" our line pair ;-)

On 07/06/2019 21:30, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 07 Jun 2019 17:45:01 +0100, Mark Carver wrote:

On 07/06/2019 17:06, NY wrote:
We've just moved into a new house. We ordered phone/broadband...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 7th 19, 05:45 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 22
Posted By Mark Carver
Someone's "stolen" our line pair ;-)

On 07/06/2019 17:06, NY wrote:
We've just moved into a new house. We ordered phone/broadband from our
ISP (Plusnet) yesterday and the BT Openreach engineer came this morning
to set everything...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100