Showing results 1 to 25 of 61
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: chris-u[email protected]
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) January 26th 06, 01:14 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
help please

richard asked:
Is there a way i can check what [my son] is looking at [on his PC]
while i am on my pc????

[Another contributor suggested VNC]

richard...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 26th 06, 10:07 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Migrating ADSL from one line to another

Steve C wrote:
I have 2 lines coming into my house - one for business and one for
personal. ADSL is on the business line - to which I still pay for (as
it's my own...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) January 24th 06, 11:32 AM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
How to setup AOL silver with broadband router?

Adam Lipscombe wrote:
I neighbourt has asked me to help sort out his AOL silver connection.
Yes I know, AOL are dire but he has signed up for a year.

Actually,...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) January 24th 06, 11:01 AM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
No-hassle "0845" dial-up ISP recommendations?

Alex Fraser wrote:
I am looking for a dial-up ISP for a light Internet user [...]

UKU has worked well for me. http://www.uku.co.uk/
Chris
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) January 24th 06, 10:57 AM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
help please

The original poster asked,
Is there a way i can check what he is looking at while i am on my pc????

Rob Morley wrote:
It might be better to set up a proxy so that all his...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 10th 06, 09:50 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 37
Posted By [email protected]
sharing BB between 2 houses

BTW it's 400V between phases assuming a 230V single phase supply (or
415/240).

Andy Furniss wrote:
a signal wire wouldn't be insulated for mains...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 9th 06, 09:57 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 37
Posted By [email protected]
sharing BB between 2 houses

wrote:
i would like to share a broadband connection between 2 house that are
around 300 - 400 metres apart....

R. Mark Clayton ...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 22nd 05, 10:17 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 41
Posted By [email protected]
Anyone actually getting 8mb speeds?

The Inquisitor wrote:
No chance of getting 8mb unless you set up home in the exhange building.

When the engineer came to install my ADSL a year or three back, he
commented that it...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) December 9th 05, 11:40 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Help with Vigor 2600VG and Plustalk (from Plusnet)

Jon wrote:
Any help appreciated. I recently subscribed to plustalk (my ISPs VoIP
offering) on a 30-day basis to see what it's like and I'm having a few
set up...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 25th 05, 04:24 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 40
Posted By [email protected]
Advice about Broadband Problems

Nicola Redwood wrote:
This is the official info from BT on this

You should have an ADSL filter (microfilter) in every hardwired telephone
socket. [..]

Do you have a...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) November 21st 05, 01:59 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Myspace ate my router!

Tim Downie wrote:
I think it must be when my daughters log in.

Ah. So it's not a myspace issue then, per se?

Oddly she says it seems to work fine until 6-7...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) November 7th 05, 12:34 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 37
Posted By [email protected]
Skype bypasses proxy

wrote:
Check your facts:
1, Calls are direct A - B

No, they're not always. Read my other post for some pointers to reasons
why not.

Chris
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) November 7th 05, 12:31 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 37
Posted By [email protected]
Skype bypasses proxy

wrote:
No calls are *ALWAYS* from point A to B direct. However the presence
and registration traffic can go via supernodes.

Unfortunately you are...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 3rd 05, 08:56 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
BT Basic Installation help

frogfone wrote:
We have just spent 5 hours trying to install BT Broadband Basic onto a
friend's PC. She was running windows 98 but it did not like or
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 1st 05, 09:42 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Zone Alarm Security Suite registration in UK

Tony Raven wrote:
If you have the option still, the AVG antivirus plus firewall is a much
better product IMO and much cheaper.

I like the AVG antivirus, but I couldn't...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 20th 05, 10:36 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
ITV trials BB

Paul wrote:
http://www.itvlocal.tv/itv.htm

Do you think they want us to twig the URL's something to do with ITV? :-)
Chris
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 18th 05, 09:40 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
sky / tv disconnecting broadband!

toonarmybarmy wrote:
Even had problems caused by faulty wiring on a Jakuzi once!!!

Ouch!

Chris
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) September 27th 05, 10:05 AM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
freetalk from Dixons

Ad C wrote:
The strange thing is, when he uses their USB modem everything works
fine, but when he uses his router, he gets disconnected about 4 or 5
times a...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) September 16th 05, 02:32 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Process of domain name registration

poster wrote:
silly money for "something.uk.com" etc, etc.

I remember trying to register uk.org way back whenever, and being rejected
by the registrar "because there was...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) September 6th 05, 11:17 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
1MB, whats the maximum KB per sec?

Sass wrote:
Can anyone tell me the absolute maximum of download speed using a 1MB
connection? I am regularly getting around 100k per second

I think you're mixing...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 19th 05, 05:06 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
BYE BYE INTERNATIONAL CALL CHARGES!

wrote:
Dial the access number(0870 xxx xxxx) for the country you wish to
call.
2) At the prompt dial your international destination number

Why someone should want to pay...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 19th 05, 02:37 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Snap Crackle, Pop

GM wrote:
(also posted on UK.Telecom News Group)

Please don't post the same thing separately to different newsgroups, as
it fragments the responses. You should crosspost to...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 18th 05, 12:04 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 48
Posted By [email protected]
Nice one Plusnet

poster wrote:
I've rung a couple
of times, and had very short waits (once was at 04:00 though :-)

Exactly why I like PlusNet. How many other "residential" ISPs...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 8th 05, 02:48 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 26

poster wrote:
The single disadvantage is that you cannot test out two ISPs on a single
phone line at home,

You are no worse off if one of them is your broadband ISP than...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 18th 05, 09:56 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
ARRG I have gone and bought a router insead of a router + adsl modem combo

James Salisbury wrote:
I have gone and accidently bought a Linksys WRT54GS [...]

Ah, yes. The "broadband router" that isn't actually compatible with...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 61