Showing results 1 to 25 of 93
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ivor Jones
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 2nd 05, 10:38 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 11
Posted By Ivor Jones
Wanadoo newsgroups

CheggersPop wrote:
I have just joined Wanadoo BB and found they only support
37,000-odd NG's. My old BT dialup had nearly twice that. How can
I get my old NG's back and is there any...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 1st 05, 06:09 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 11
Posted By Ivor Jones
Wanadoo newsgroups

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh Grey:
I have just joined Wanadoo BB and found they only support
37,000-odd NG's. My old BT dialup had nearly twice that. How can I
get my old NG's...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 31st 05, 06:33 PM Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 16
Posted By Ivor Jones
Stitched up by BT !!! OT

"Stephen (Sausagefans.com)" wrote in message
In article , Richard Caley
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 31st 05, 04:21 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 6
Posted By Ivor Jones
2mb broadband for 17.99

"I.J Jordan" wrote in message
www.freenetname.co.uk

Not one of the more generous ISP's

5.7 If you...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 31st 05, 08:08 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 12
Posted By Ivor Jones
Internet anking and internet security

evangelical_bob wrote:
Internet banking is alot safer than actually walking in to your
local branch. Whilst sitting on your posterior in the warmth of
your own home it is unlikely you will be...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 29th 05, 06:01 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 12
Posted By Ivor Jones
Internet anking and internet security

Furby wrote:
Should be a simple question but I doubt there's a simple answer

I am thinking of doing internet banking, how ever I am worried
about the possibilities on my PC being compromised...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 28th 05, 08:43 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 9
Posted By Ivor Jones
Can't access bt newsgroups from plusnet

MA wrote:
Spin Dryer wrote:

You can't login to another ISP's news server when connected to
another ISP.

Some you can, with authentication, but those are usually the ones
you pay for....
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 26th 05, 12:59 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 28
Posted By Ivor Jones
ADSL ethernet modems

"David Floyd" wrote in message
In message of Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Andy Burns writes
wrote:

Could anyone suggest a...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 25th 05, 11:57 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 11
Posted By Ivor Jones
sipgate.co.uk - voip service

"Dave Gill" wrote in message
Mike Gayler wrote:

I...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 25th 05, 11:54 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 11
Posted By Ivor Jones
sipgate.co.uk - voip service

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
anyone any comments on it please, good or bad

See the other thread where it was...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 25th 05, 08:05 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 11
Posted By Ivor Jones
sipgate.co.uk - voip service

"Paul Woolley" wrote in message
what hardware do you use with it or do you use the softphone ?

I use the...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 25th 05, 07:58 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 11
Posted By Ivor Jones
sipgate.co.uk - voip service

"Paul Woolley" wrote in message
anyone any comments on it please, good or bad

Excellent, can't speak too...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 25th 05, 07:54 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 16
Posted By Ivor Jones
Boradband in rental housing.

"Tiscali Tim" wrote in message
Ivor Jones wrote:

[snip]

Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 25th 05, 06:42 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 16
Posted By Ivor Jones
Broadband Connection Sharing

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
Set you self up a VoIP telephone service from sipgate.co.uk, give up
the BT
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 25th 05, 06:39 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 16
Posted By Ivor Jones
VOIP to replace land line - emergency calls

"kraftee" [email protected]& die.com wrote in message
John Geddes wrote:
For anyone thinking of becoming a no-fixed-line household...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 25th 05, 06:36 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 16
Posted By Ivor Jones
Boradband in rental housing.

"Tiscali Tim" wrote in message

[snip]

In order to implement the ADSL service, your chosen ISP has to get BT to
move the exchange end...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 25th 05, 06:33 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 4
Posted By Ivor Jones
BT VOIP on a telewest 760k connection

"Paul D.Smith" wrote in message
For decent VoIP, you need about 80kBps in both direction so a 760k
should...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 24th 05, 05:20 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 4
Posted By Ivor Jones
Changing service provider.

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
Thus spaketh Reg Edwards:
If I should change service provider, what would happen to my website
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 23rd 05, 07:04 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 11
Posted By Ivor Jones
Wanadoo ADSL Outage Sunday Evening 23rd Jan

"Tony Doherty" wrote in message
Anyone else experience an outage of around 1 hour this evening ?

Could not connect to...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 22nd 05, 04:21 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 17
Posted By Ivor Jones
Hotel Internet access

Hiram Hackenbacker wrote:
Chris Blunt wrote:

Rip off Britain ???

No, it is by no means unique to the UK. Similar rates are charged
(in my personal experience) in the Netherlands,...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 22nd 05, 04:18 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 6
Posted By Ivor Jones
(REPOST) Can someone recommend a free text only no-binaries news service please?

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh Zardoz:
because my clara account is hard to post to (lots of connection
refused) and unfiltered (if I want China Girl phone sex I'll
google)...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 20th 05, 10:17 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 18
Posted By Ivor Jones
Broadband future

Dave J wrote:
In within
uk.telecom.broadband, 'Ivor Jones' wrote:

Dave wrote:
"Chris Jones" wrote in...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 20th 05, 02:59 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 18
Posted By Ivor Jones
Broadband future

Dave wrote:
"Chris Jones" wrote in message
Blame bloody BT for the behind the times service...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 16th 05, 04:10 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 2
Posted By Ivor Jones
Does Wannado have a good newserver?

"Gizmo" wrote in message

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
Alex...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 15th 05, 02:25 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 2
Posted By Ivor Jones
Does Wannado have a good newserver?

Alex Boosbeck wrote:
binaries....

thanks, Alex.

I know one thing, a new group was created a couple of months ago on a
topic I am particularly interested in (alt.satellite.gps.garmin) and it...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 93