Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 25.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Conor
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) June 10th 09, 10:44 AM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 9
Posted By Conor
Networking in Vista

In article , Roy Norris
says...

Hi All,

You would think setting up a simple home network with2 PC's both using
vista home premium would be...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 22nd 09, 03:44 PM Posted to uk.comp.sys.laptops,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 5
Posted By Conor
hp 2133 wont connect to wireless network (used to work).

In article ,
says...

Won't connect to my network at home, tough it used to!
When I enter the network key it wont connect & just asks for...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) March 24th 09, 10:28 AM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 2
Posted By Conor
Watch the tv

"Marcoo" wrote in message
Hi,
I have just bought a notebook with a Tv board integrated but the
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) March 3rd 09, 10:28 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 12
Posted By Conor
Router/Wireless problem?

In article , Sam says...

HI Conor, My router is on channel 12 - I did as you said above, and in the
list under the advanced tab, I couldn't see...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) March 3rd 09, 01:33 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 12
Posted By Conor
Router/Wireless problem?

In article , Sam says...

I've just formatted and reinstalled XP HE SP3 on an Acer laptop, and Vista
Basic SP1 on a Packard Bell machine, for two...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) January 4th 09, 01:34 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 10
Posted By Conor
CAT5e DC resistance

In article , Clint Sharp says...
Does anyone know if the resistance/100M quoted for CAT5e solid cable is
per conductor or per pair or for the cable as a...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) January 4th 09, 12:45 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 10
Posted By Conor
S L O W Windows Networking

In article , Stephen Ward
says...
In the off chance someone has an idea, what would be a logical
explanation to a couple of windows machines, linked...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) December 15th 08, 12:31 PM Posted to uk.comp.sys.mac,uk.comp.home-networking,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Conor
cable router behind ADSL router

In article 3bdff542-cf2d-4a66-806a-
, Ric says...
Hi All,
This might be a tad OT in two of these groups, but you're all
knowledgeable people so hope...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) December 11th 08, 06:06 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 9
Posted By Conor
Connecting Two Routers for a Home Network

In article , BT Newsgroups
says...

Any ideas appreciated. wyatt007 at btinternet dot com

Why are you using a crossover?

Is DHCP set to run on both...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 22nd 08, 04:14 PM Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 2
Posted By Conor
VoIP with 3 Mobile BB?

Roger Mills wrote:
I have seen various discussions suggesting that 3 Mobile BB may block the
ports used by VoIP - preventing its use.

Can anyone give a definitive answer as to whether this...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) November 22nd 08, 04:14 PM Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 2
Posted By Conor
VoIP with 3 Mobile BB?

Roger Mills wrote:
I have seen various discussions suggesting that 3 Mobile BB may block the
ports used by VoIP - preventing its use.

Can anyone give a definitive answer as to whether this...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 22nd 08, 02:36 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 53
Posted By Conor
Speed test results

Eeyore wrote:

Being with an ISP that I believe to cater mostly to commercial users helps
avoid this. Test just run.

The Office packages of ADS24 mitigate this to an extent too as you get...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 20th 08, 07:50 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 26
Posted By Conor
Share public wlan connection?

Paul Hayes wrote:

Well for starters, WPA is crackable using freely available tools.

Since when? They've only just announced LAST WEEK that they can manage
to listen to an outbound connection...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 20th 08, 03:59 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 26
Posted By Conor
Share public wlan connection?

Mortimer wrote:

Yes but if you can't access the web without a password on the captive
interface, then does it matter whether you get a WPA password which allows
you to connect or a...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 20th 08, 12:02 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 26
Posted By Conor
Share public wlan connection?

Mortimer wrote:
"Nigel Cliffe" wrote in message
Jamesb wrote:
e) Hotel access is often a case of a generic login/password which...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 20th 08, 12:02 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 26
Posted By Conor
Share public wlan connection?

Digby wrote:

Vista sucks arse, so I very much doubt it.

Presumably you've had a personal experience with Vista.

Non at all judging by his comment.

--
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 20th 08, 12:01 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Cork Soaker wrote:

Vista sucks arse, so I very much doubt it.

You've not used Vista have you? It allows you to set it up as a wifi
access point.

--
Conor
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 18th 08, 12:35 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Nigel Wade wrote:

Are you sure you have entered the correct WPA password?
Has it been changed from the default as supplied by Sky? If not its printed on
the box - it's all uppercase...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 18th 08, 01:34 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 52
Posted By Conor
Cancelling Demon Contract

Eeyore wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:

Conor wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
Conor wrote:

Either way, I've proven that it's possible to get 800KB downloads...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 18th 08, 01:32 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 52
Posted By Conor
Cancelling Demon Contract

Eeyore wrote:

You are NOT getting '8 Meg downloads'. Explained more fully in another post. It is
simply not possible over BT's ADSL.

Graham demonstrates he doesn't have a ****ing clue how the...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 18th 08, 01:32 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 52
Posted By Conor
Cancelling Demon Contract

Eeyore wrote:

Conor wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

Couldn't give a **** what is stated. I know what I download at.
Apparently not.

So you completely ignored the post where posted...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 17th 08, 06:09 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 52
Posted By Conor
Cancelling Demon Contract

Eeyore wrote:

Conor wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Conor wrote:
Soruk wrote:

How far away from the exchange are you? if you're more than a few
hundred yards as the cable...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 17th 08, 06:03 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 52
Posted By Conor
Cancelling Demon Contract

Eeyore wrote:

Conor wrote:

Either way, I've proven that it's possible to get 800KB downloads over
1km from the exchange despite being told I'm wrong and I can't.

800kBps is...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 17th 08, 06:01 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 52
Posted By Conor
Cancelling Demon Contract

Eeyore wrote:

Couldn't give a **** what is stated. I know what I download at.

Apparently not.

So you completely ignored the post where posted a link to a screen
capture showing 800KB/s?
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 17th 08, 02:42 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 30
Posted By Conor
What service is this?

The Natural Philosopher wrote: