Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 46.49 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 7th 20, 10:49 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 41
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
VPN performance question

On 07/05/2020 20:18, Graham J wrote:
MissRiaElaine wrote:

[snip]

Easy. Send it the old fashioned way on a disc in the post. Oops,
people don't have CD/DVD drives in their machines...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 7th 20, 07:43 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 41
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
VPN performance question

On 07/05/2020 12:31, Peter wrote:

Brian Gregory wrote

On 05/05/2020 21:27, Peter wrote:
Any secure comms link is vulnerable to a man in the middle...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 3rd 20, 05:49 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 41
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
VPN performance question

On 03/05/2020 17:10, Graham J wrote:
Peter wrote:

(Richard Tobin) wrote

Draytek call it "Remote dial-in VPN"

They also call it "teleworker". The other...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 20th 20, 05:54 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 13
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
PAYG SIM recommendation for VDSL backup

On 20/04/2020 17:16, Peter wrote:

MissRiaElaine wrote

On 20/04/2020 08:35, Andy Burns wrote:
MissRiaElaine wrote:

The 3 SIM cards seem ok, our...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 20th 20, 04:09 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 13
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
PAYG SIM recommendation for VDSL backup

On 20/04/2020 08:35, Andy Burns wrote:
MissRiaElaine wrote:

The 3 SIM cards seem ok, our laptops all have 3G or 4G cards in them
so they just sit there until needed. I do fire them up...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 19th 20, 11:38 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 13
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
PAYG SIM recommendation for VDSL backup

On 19/04/2020 13:16, Andy Burns wrote:
R. Mark Clayton wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

if I ever had a FTTC failure I could buy an add-on to use it
in anger.

BT have been keeping to...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 18th 20, 06:50 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 13
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
PAYG SIM recommendation for VDSL backup

On 18/04/2020 17:30, Andy Burns wrote:
Peter Johnson wrote:

Does anyone have any recommendations for PAYG SIMs to use in a USB
dongle as backup to VDSL failure?

I'm a cheapskate, so I...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 18th 20, 03:25 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 18
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Broadband not collapsing

On 18/04/2020 13:53, Mike wrote:
In article , NY wrote:
you
lose all that extra information if the interview is "re-voiced" by an actor,

Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 9th 20, 04:53 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 34
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Recommendations for Mesh Wifi please, wired backhaul preferred

On 09/04/2020 13:19, NY wrote:

(*) There was a lot of announcing "I'm about to break the LAN in half an
hour. Make sure you've got things saved." This was mainly for terminal
sessions from...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 8th 20, 09:25 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 34
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Recommendations for Mesh Wifi please, wired backhaul preferred

On 08/04/2020 11:37, Graham J wrote:

At the time you could also get PCMCIA cards with a cable adapter
(dongle) having a RJ45 socket on the end.

Yes I remember those. The proprietary connector...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 7th 20, 10:27 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 34
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Recommendations for Mesh Wifi please, wired backhaul preferred

On 07/04/2020 22:03, Andy Burns wrote:
MissRiaElaine wrote:

That's me screwed then. Don't use wireless at all. Everything wired in
Cat 6 back to the patch panel

As they tend to get...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 7th 20, 08:42 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 34
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Recommendations for Mesh Wifi please, wired backhaul preferred

On 07/04/2020 20:15, Chris Green wrote:

Except that most 'future' internet devices won't even have wired
connections. You don't get smartphones with wired ethernet even now.

That's me screwed...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 5th 20, 06:16 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 104
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Fibre Broadband router/modem connection.

On 05/04/2020 17:51, Theo wrote:

Master sockets were installed from 1980s, when plug telephones came in.
They weren't removable-faceplate NTE5 until later (late 1990s?), but you do
need...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 4th 20, 03:07 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 104
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Fibre Broadband router/modem connection.

On 04/04/2020 13:27, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Saturday, 4 April 2020 13:16:37 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:
Tufnell Park wrote:

I am being advised by my ISP that my Fibre router/modem must...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) March 26th 20, 11:29 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 7
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Robustness of VoIP

On 26/03/2020 23:09, Graham. wrote:

What's the politically correct thing I should call you Jones, a ****
or a dick?

You can call me whatever you like as long as you don't call me late for...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 26th 20, 11:27 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 6
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Not complaining

On 26/03/2020 20:37, Bob Eager wrote:

Warning from the ISP that staff are working from home, so apologies in
advance for noises of children playing and parrots squawking.

Same as usual,...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 26th 20, 12:22 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 18
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Broadband not collapsing

On 25/03/2020 20:24, Graham J wrote:
MissRiaElaine wrote:

[snip]

Could we get the BBC to have a blanket ban on broadcast interviews by
mobile phone?* The quality is so bad as to...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 25th 20, 06:25 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 18
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Broadband not collapsing

On 25/03/2020 11:00, Graham J wrote:
MB wrote:
On 25/03/2020 09:33, Graham J wrote:

The usual limit on capacity is the backhaul from your local exchange
to the internet generally.*...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) March 24th 20, 07:26 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 7
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Robustness of VoIP

On 24/03/2020 16:52, wrote:
As we're all supposed to be working from home, etc, this afternoon,

- my local council phones are down, no incoming calls accepted
-...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 24th 20, 12:50 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 16
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Stupid wifi cordless 'phone.

On 24/03/2020 11:38, Theo wrote:
Graham J wrote:
Often a problem with manufacturers: they make a recommendation without
explaining why. Consequently users see the...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 23rd 20, 06:58 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 16
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Stupid wifi cordless 'phone.

On 23/03/2020 17:09, Chris Green wrote:

I leave my ThinkPad plugged in all the time except when I'm actually
away from mains power, the batteries (there are two) are still in
pretty good...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 23rd 20, 01:53 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 16
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Stupid wifi cordless 'phone.

We've given up on cordless phones here, our "landlines" are mostly SIP
numbers anyway, so we use Cisco multi-line phones connected to the
network switch. We used to have a Gigaset N300IP system but...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) February 6th 20, 05:34 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 16
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
VOIP DECT base with answering machine

On 06/02/2020 14:40, R. Mark Clayton wrote:

One can still buy the Gigaset N300A IP.

In addition there may be DECT handsets with the TAM in the phone not the base.

Voipfone includes...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) January 26th 20, 11:53 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 4
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Forwarding calls from Gradwell to A&A using a SIP URI

On 26/01/2020 17:40, Andy in Ireland wrote:
Possibly a thick question.

I'm trying to set up a Gradwell (or Onecom now I suppose) extension as an alias to an 'External SIP/IAX2 URI' and forward...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 23rd 20, 10:22 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 2
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
London BB Outage

On 22/12/2019 20:57, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Saturday, 21 December 2019 16:46:09 UTC, Java Jive wrote:

Email recovered after ~16 hours.

When I were 't lad some travelers moved onto a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100