Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.32 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Graham J[_2_]
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Yesterday, 02:06 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 35
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
"Britain's digital divide"

NY wrote:
"Graham J" wrote in message
Sadly, you have to resolve this yourself: if necessary by installing
Ethernet cables.* Or...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Yesterday, 12:13 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 35
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
"Britain's digital divide"

Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 10:27:33 +0100, "NY" wrote:

Hopefully when you get FTTP they won't do the standard BT Openreach thing
(for ADSL and FTTC/VDSL)...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) July 18th 18, 12:26 AM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 21
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Integration of VoIP with Tunstall healthcare alarm

David Woolley wrote:
On 29/06/18 10:11, Graham J wrote:

Tunstall cannot confirm that the unit will work with VoIP, but their
technical support people don't really understand the question,...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 16th 18, 01:22 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 50
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Windows 10 won't connect to WiFi on my Draytek router - why?

NY wrote:
On 2018-07-15...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 13th 18, 10:54 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 50
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Windows 10 won't connect to WiFi on my Draytek router - why?

Chris Green wrote:
Graham J wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
Chris Green wrote:

I have wondered about the
DHCP relay setting as I couldn't find any good...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 12th 18, 08:38 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 50
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Windows 10 won't connect to WiFi on my Draytek router - why?

Andy Burns wrote:
Chris Green wrote:

I have wondered about the
DHCP relay setting as I couldn't find any good documentation about it.

Would only be required if the DHCP server is on a...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 12th 18, 05:39 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 50
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Windows 10 won't connect to WiFi on my Draytek router - why?

Andy Burns wrote:
Chris Green wrote:

how do you set up a static IP on W10?

left-click the wifi icon in the taskbar, network & internet settings,
change adapter options, right-click...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 12th 18, 05:32 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 50
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Windows 10 won't connect to WiFi on my Draytek router - why?

NY wrote:
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Chris Green wrote:

I have a Windows 10 partition on my (normally Linux) laptop so...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 12th 18, 04:10 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 50
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Windows 10 won't connect to WiFi on my Draytek router - why?

Chris Green wrote:
Graham J wrote:
Chris Green wrote:
I have a (mostly Linux) home network with a Draytek 2860n connecting
to the internet using VDSL. It all works...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 12th 18, 02:12 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 50
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Windows 10 won't connect to WiFi on my Draytek router - why?

Graham J wrote:

[snip]

Add to item 5 - leave the W10 machine connected to the internet long
enough to get itself fully updated, this may take many hours if it's not
been updated before...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 12th 18, 01:57 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Chris Green wrote:
I have a (mostly Linux) home network with a Draytek 2860n connecting
to the internet using VDSL. It all works well and much as expected.

Mostly visitors using MS Windows...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) July 10th 18, 08:49 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 21
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Integration of VoIP with Tunstall healthcare alarm

Graham. wrote:

If the Cat5 wiring isn't being used for Gig ethernet it will have 2 spare pairs, which might be used to extend the phone line.

Sadly the path from the internet...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) July 10th 18, 02:26 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 21
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Integration of VoIP with Tunstall healthcare alarm

wrote:
On Tuesday, 10 July 2018 07:40:24 UTC+1, Graham J wrote:
There is a programming code 48 accessible from the series connected phone
to change the...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) July 10th 18, 07:40 AM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 21
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Integration of VoIP with Tunstall healthcare alarm

wrote:
On Friday, 29 June 2018 15:16:48 UTC+1, Graham J wrote:
... and it is not any of the numbers 0 - 9 but # and * are not
demonstrated. The same two tones...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 9th 18, 09:57 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 10
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Master baiting with krone tool.. OOoo! I think its gettingbigger!

MB wrote:
On 08/07/2018 21:23, Vir Campestris wrote:
I won't be going mobile any time soon. For a start they barely work
here, and not at all inside. And while I want to dump the copper we...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 30th 18, 07:38 AM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 21
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Integration of VoIP with Tunstall healthcare alarm

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Graham J writes:
Andy Burns wrote:
Graham J wrote:

Three pairs of two tones, might be DTMF but...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 29th 18, 05:18 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 21
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Integration of VoIP with Tunstall healthcare alarm

Andy Burns wrote:
Graham J wrote:

Three pairs of two tones, might be DTMF but at a higher pitch.

Does the ATA have any settings to control in-band vs out-of-band DTMF?
Or settings to...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 29th 18, 03:16 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 21
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Integration of VoIP with Tunstall healthcare alarm

Graham. wrote:
I would like to know more about these post-connection tones.
Do they sound like DTMF or single tones, or is it a burst of modem
data?
It is not uncommon when handling data...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 29th 18, 01:15 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 2
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
IP panic alarm system for the elderly

Please see my post in uk.telecom.voip

The issue is that a Tunstall Lifeline V product does not work with a
VoIP system from Voipfone. The problem at present appears to be that
when the alarm is...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 29th 18, 01:01 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 21
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Integration of VoIP with Tunstall healthcare alarm

Graham. wrote:

[snip]

one possibility although not very likley, is the PAP-2 by default uses
North American supervisory tone frequencies and cadences. If you have
the Admin password to the...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 29th 18, 10:11 AM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 21
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Integration of VoIP with Tunstall healthcare alarm

My client has an internet connection and Cat5 wiring to a granny annexe.
In that granny annexe there is a Linksys adapter, Product Name: PAP2T.
Connected to that is an ordinary POTS...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 28th 18, 09:31 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 9
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Poor BT Suport re email failures

Terry Pinnell wrote:
Have other BT customers been experiencing inexplicable failure of
incoming and outgoing email?

[snip]

I have some legacy name.demon.co.uk email accounts with Namesco....
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 26th 18, 10:58 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 21
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
POTS line to/from VoIP

David Higton wrote:
Clearly, from what I've read, I'm not the only person to have wanted
to convert their POTS land line to VoiP. However, I'm unable to find
a solution that is currently...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 25th 18, 10:16 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 39
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
ROT - Multi-Input VoIP Autodialler, Where To Buy in UK?

MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 25/06/18 21:21, Java Jive wrote:

[snip]

We have three cables carrying three ethernet subnets, so using
switches as lightning fail points we would need three...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 25th 18, 08:58 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 39
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
ROT - Multi-Input VoIP Autodialler, Where To Buy in UK?

Stephen wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jun 2018 21:33:30 +0100, "Woody"
wrote:

[snip]
Cat5 or 6 between buildings would also be susceptible to earth
difference and...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100