Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Graham.[_3_]
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 9th 19, 01:14 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile
Replies: 6
Posted By Graham.[_3_]
Hacking the BT Home Hub 5a (was Routers)

Sorry Charles, largely TL:DR, but you have prompted me to obtain a HH5
A to play around with, and I've just ordered one from Ebay for 8GBP
delivered.

I'm a new Plusnet fibre customer and I'm rather...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 5th 19, 06:03 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 10
Posted By Graham.[_3_]
Plusnet router - carry-over of configured settings from previous PN router

Plusnet have sent me a new PN-branded Hub One to replace the PN Technicolour
TG582 router, to see if it achieves a higher DSL speed (actually there's no
discernable difference in...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 2nd 19, 03:41 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 18
Posted By Graham.[_3_]
Some advice please on VOIP

The ISP we have been with for some years is Andrews & Arnold and they
are pretty good, with good support in most cases.

For a small business I would call them the Gold Standard.
Remember NAT and...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 23rd 19, 09:47 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 3
Posted By Graham.[_3_]
FFTX upgrade? - poor daffodils

earlier this week they dug a hole outside our path at the foot of the
telegraph pole, followed in the next few days by five more holes they
smashed the duct and seemed to successfully installed a...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 21st 19, 02:15 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 25
Posted By Graham.[_3_]
TalkTalk HG635 on VDSL with multiple static IP addresses

In article ,
(Johann Beretta) wrote:

IPV4 space continues to dwindle,

You mean continues to fill. IP4 is a finite, constant...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 21st 19, 02:10 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 19
Posted By Graham.[_3_]
Plusnet disabling all SMTP servers but their own?

BT own Plusnet now.

Despite Plusnet customer service being better than BT's and lower cost, sooner or later BT were bound to start making life difficult for Plusnet customers, in the same way...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 4th 19, 09:58 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 48
Posted By Graham.[_3_]
Any advantage in using private ranges other than 192.168.x.x in NAT router?

On 04/02/2019 20:49, Nick Leverton wrote:

If people can even see into a private network, the owner has a serious
problem which can't be solved by messing with IP ranges.

Not a lot you can...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 19th 19, 01:03 AM Posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 36
Posted By Graham.[_3_]
Dead line but working broadband

Picked up the phone to make a call earlier on and the line was totally
dead, no dial tone, nothing, even at the master socket.

Strange thing is, broadband is still working perfectly, no speed...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 18th 19, 05:49 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 41
Posted By Graham.[_3_]
the lesser spotted Gigabit Ethernet port ?

"Java Jive" wrote in message
On 17/01/2019 15:58, MissRiaElaine wrote:

On 17/01/2019 13:27, R. Mark Clayton wrote:

Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) January 2nd 19, 10:18 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 17
Posted By Graham.[_3_]
Silent calls from IP number via Sipgate

On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 23:00:06 +0000, J G Miller wrote:

On Wednesday, December 26, 2018 at 10:28:12 +0000,
David Lawrence asked:

or what to do about them?

You might consider...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 9th 18, 11:12 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By Graham.[_3_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

On 09/12/2018 18:16, NY wrote:

Maybe one day the NHS will be dragged into the 20th century (not even
21st) and it will be possible for the doctor to make up a prescription
of several...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 9th 18, 10:49 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By Graham.[_3_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

On 09/12/2018 14:50, MB wrote:
On 09/12/2018 12:24, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 09/12/2018 01:21, Recliner wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46497526

That's just England, we...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) December 6th 18, 02:31 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 9
Posted By Graham.[_3_]
Which codec for Betamax \ Dellmont in Siemens A580

I'm using a Siemens A580 IP for my VOIP calls. Using Discount Voip for my
outgoing calls. It works OK but I can certainly tell an audio difference
between that and say Voipfone, which is what I am...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 2nd 18, 09:18 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By Graham.[_3_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

Graham. wrote:

I was wondering if we ever met Bob, where was your shop?

I did installations for John Richardson's / Cegedim Rx between 1990
and 2015, (with two or three...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 2nd 18, 03:51 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By Graham.[_3_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

I was wondering if we ever met Bob, where was your shop?

I did installations for John Richardson's / Cegedim Rx between 1990
and 2015, (with two or three hiatuses).

--...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 2nd 18, 02:54 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By Graham.[_3_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

On Sun, 2 Dec 2018 09:45:09 +0000, Bob Henson
wrote:

Graham. wrote:

NY wrote:

"Bob Henson" wrote in message
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 1st 18, 11:46 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By Graham.[_3_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

NY wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

MissRiaElaine wrote:

All NHS prescriptions are free in Scotland, also Wales and Northern
Ireland

Over 90% are free in England too.
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 1st 18, 11:37 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By Graham.[_3_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

On 25/11/2018 22:58, MB wrote:
On 24/11/2018 09:19, Graham J wrote:

The NHS is probably a good example of an organisation where it is
often necesary to send a diagram or other...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 1st 18, 11:17 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By Graham.[_3_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

NY wrote:

"Bob Henson" wrote in message
They should be by now. Electronic transmission of prescriptions...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 1st 18, 11:08 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By Graham.[_3_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 28/11/2018 15:15, Bob Henson wrote:

They don't have a choice - they cannot accept the faxed signature. I don't
know what they do...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 1st 18, 10:56 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By Graham.[_3_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 29/11/2018 15:50, Recliner wrote:

Previously Boots re-ordered repeat prescriptions automatically, but the
local NHS rules have...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 1st 18, 10:46 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By Graham.[_3_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

Funny story from my dad's pharmaceutical company. In the mid 70s they were
trying various different designs of child-proof containers to see which
people found easy to use and yet which...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 1st 18, 09:23 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By Graham.[_3_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

On 28/11/2018 14:08, Andy Burns wrote:
MissRiaElaine wrote:

a signature on paper, where the pharmacist recognises the doctor's
signature, is quicker and easier than messing about...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 1st 18, 08:45 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By Graham.[_3_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

On 23/11/2018 22:42, bert wrote:
In article , MissRiaElaine
writes
On 23/11/2018 10:42, MB wrote:
On 23/11/2018 00:11,...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) November 13th 18, 08:28 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 7
Posted By Graham.[_3_]
Distinctive Ring Tone for number prefixes

My Grandstream ATA allows me to set distinctive ring tones based on Caller
ID, and I'm using that successfully.
The manual also tells me I can set distinctive ring tones based on prefix:

"""For...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100