Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Yesterday, 06:43 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 51
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Mobile broadband question (and oddity)

On 18/04/2019 17:38, Chris wrote:

I have paid for x MB of data, why can't I use it in my own time..?

Because the deal is 30 days on a rolling contract. If you don't like it get
a true PAYG...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Yesterday, 02:03 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 51
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Mobile broadband question (and oddity)

On 18/04/2019 00:40, Chris wrote:
MissRiaElaine wrote:

Slight difference between closing time and half an hour after you bought
it at 8pm.

That's your (very...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 17th 19, 12:20 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 51
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Mobile broadband question (and oddity)

On 17/04/2019 08:24, Chris wrote:
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 16/04/2019 19:05, Tim+ wrote:
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 16/04/2019 13:29,...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 16th 19, 07:49 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 51
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Mobile broadband question (and oddity)

On 16/04/2019 19:05, Tim+ wrote:
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 16/04/2019 13:29, Tim+ wrote:

Playing Devil's advocate, I guess ISPs would say that it was your...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 16th 19, 05:43 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 51
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Mobile broadband question (and oddity)

On 16/04/2019 13:29, Tim+ wrote:

Playing Devil's advocate, I guess ISPs would say that it was your choice
not to use it, but importantly you had the CAPACITY to use it (until it was
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 16th 19, 12:43 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 51
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Mobile broadband question (and oddity)

On 16/04/2019 11:37, Graham J wrote:

So for an occasional user like myself the PAYG arrangement of a toll
booth was a much better option.* I'm happy to use an account and leave
it in...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 15th 19, 06:54 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 51
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Mobile broadband question (and oddity)

On 15/04/2019 08:43, Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Sun, 14 Apr 2019 19:12:52 +0100, Peter
wrote:

The problem is that nearly all PAYG SIMs nowadays get...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 14th 19, 11:42 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 18
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Fibre to pole - what does it mean?

On 14/04/2019 21:28, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Sunday, 14 April 2019 21:18:33 UTC+1, Vir Campestris wrote:

My English slips from time to time from too much contact with the
Merkins....
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 14th 19, 11:39 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 51
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Mobile broadband question (and oddity)

On 14/04/2019 21:32, R. Mark Clayton wrote:

OTOH P&G SIMs for laptops usually require a regular top up to keep them alive and get cut off as above for non use.

Not the Data Reward SIM. 200MB a...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 14th 19, 11:38 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 51
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Mobile broadband question (and oddity)

On 14/04/2019 21:49, Peter wrote:

"R. Mark Clayton" wrote

P&G SIM's for mobiles last for ages, and only require a chargeable call every three or six months. OTOH...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 14th 19, 11:36 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 51
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Mobile broadband question (and oddity)

On 14/04/2019 19:12, Peter wrote:
A few years ago laptops with a 3G (sometimes even 4G) modem were
fairly common. They usually came as a Vodafone-locked model and the
laptop maker had a deal...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 7th 19, 04:56 PM Posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 36
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Dead line but working broadband

On 07/04/2019 13:35, Lucifer wrote:
On Sun, 7 Apr 2019 13:15:24 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 07/04/2019 13:04, Lucifer wrote:
With Fibre To The...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 4th 19, 11:43 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 51
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Mobile broadband question (and oddity)

On 04/04/2019 11:01, Martin Brown wrote:
On 03/04/2019 18:59, Andy Burns wrote:
Martin Brown wrote:

Probably a free 200MB/month deal from Three then.
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 3rd 19, 08:25 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Martin Brown wrote:

Probably a free 200MB/month deal from Three then.
https://www.three.co.uk/Free_SIM_MBB/Order

I use one of those for my...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 2nd 19, 04:18 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 51
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Mobile broadband question (and oddity)

On 02/04/2019 15:36, Martin Brown wrote:
On 02/04/2019 15:28, MissRiaElaine wrote:

Hi all,

I've just bought a new (ok, second hand) laptop from eBay which I am
pleasantly surprised...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 2nd 19, 03:28 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 51
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Mobile broadband question (and oddity)

Hi all,

I've just bought a new (ok, second hand) laptop from eBay which I am
pleasantly surprised to find contains a mobile broadband card.

I have no plans to make extensive use of it, but given...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 30th 19, 07:01 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 28
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
"Britons get 'bad deal' from broadband giants"

On 30/03/2019 07:29, cybuerke wrote:

I had a falling out with an ISP some years back, and they tried to
insist that my support email wasn't acceptable notice, and even
mentioned the...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 2nd 19, 04:45 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 18
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Some advice please on VOIP

On 02/03/2019 07:28, Peter wrote:
Hi All,

At work we are getting FTTP.

This means we can get rid of the one unused analog line used for ADSL.
That is great!

However I hear that BT...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 1st 19, 04:02 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 23
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
What factors affect "speedtest" speed, when it is less thanrouter's sync speed?

On 01/03/2019 14:47, Graham J wrote:

No, it suggests that the BRAS profile has not yet recovered, although
the high error count may indicate another problem.

No problem with my bra..

--
Ria...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 22nd 19, 02:13 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 22/02/2019 12:04, Davey wrote:
I have been invited to join a Yahoo Group, which would be convenient,
but when I looked at the T&Cs, I found them horrifying. One paragraph
seems to sum up...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 19th 19, 11:20 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 19
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Plusnet disabling all SMTP servers but their own?

On 19/02/2019 17:16, Tweed wrote:

Stick your hand in your pocket and pay for a decent ISP such as AAISP. Then
you don't have to mess about with support forums, just pick up the phone
and get...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 6th 19, 08:10 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 67
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
How do most people manage IP addresses on their LAN?

On 06/02/2019 19:16, Roderick Stewart wrote:

My media centre PC, which just feeds the TV is called "Wallace" and
the main desktop (the brains) is called "Gromit".

The laptop is called...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 6th 19, 01:45 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 67
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
How do most people manage IP addresses on their LAN?

On 06/02/2019 13:21, Chris Green wrote:

My 'devices' have names which in the main are trivially simple and
easy to remember, i.e. my desktop is called 'chris' and my wife's is
called 'maxine'...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 6th 19, 01:32 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 67
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
How do most people manage IP addresses on their LAN?

On 06/02/2019 13:10, Chris Green wrote:

I need to tell everyone several addresses, such as the printer, the
phone base station, possibly the Wifi access point (I'm not the only
person here...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 4th 19, 11:17 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 48
Posted By MissRiaElaine[_2_]
Any advantage in using private ranges other than 192.168.x.x inNAT router?

On 04/02/2019 22:47, Nick Leverton wrote:
In article ,
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 04/02/2019 21:59, Nick Leverton wrote:
In...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100