Posted By Chris Green
Windows 10 won't connect to WiFi on my Draytek router - why?

Dick wrote:
On 16/07/2018 09:55, Chris Green wrote:
Dick wrote:
On 15/07/2018 18:26, +++ATH0 wrote:
On 2018-07-15 03:55, Dick wrote:
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 16th 18, 09:55 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 50

On 2018-07-15 03:55, Dick wrote:
Its a very bad idea to use the same SSID for multiple wifi access
points. You...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 15th 18, 04:37 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 50
Posted By Chris Green
Windows 10 won't connect to WiFi on my Draytek router - why?

Dick wrote:
On 12/07/2018 18:19, Chris Green wrote:

Yes, quite, I've got them both the the same SSIDs but as you say it's
not very well defined what clients do if...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 13th 18, 10:05 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 50
Posted By Chris Green
Windows 10 won't connect to WiFi on my Draytek router - why?

Graham J wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
Chris Green wrote:

I have wondered about the
DHCP relay setting as I couldn't find any good documentation about it.

Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 12th 18, 06:52 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Andy Burns wrote:
Chris Green wrote:

I have wondered about the
DHCP relay setting as I couldn't find any good documentation about it.

Would only be required if...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 12th 18, 06:19 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 50
Posted By Chris Green
Windows 10 won't connect to WiFi on my Draytek router - why?

Andy Burns wrote:
Chris Green wrote:

how do you set up a static IP on W10?

left-click the wifi icon in the taskbar, network & internet settings,
change adapter...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 12th 18, 06:19 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 50
Posted By Chris Green
Windows 10 won't connect to WiFi on my Draytek router - why?

Graham J wrote:
Chris Green wrote:
Graham J wrote:
Chris Green wrote:
I have a (mostly Linux) home network with a Draytek 2860n connecting
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 12th 18, 04:15 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 50
Posted By Chris Green
Windows 10 won't connect to WiFi on my Draytek router - why?

Andy Burns wrote:
Chris Green wrote:

I have a Windows 10 partition on my (normally Linux) laptop so I
booted that and tried, sure enough it fails to connect to the...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 12th 18, 03:02 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Graham J wrote:
Chris Green wrote:
I have a (mostly Linux) home network with a Draytek 2860n connecting
to the internet using VDSL. It all works well and much as...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 12th 18, 12:57 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 50
Posted By Chris Green
Windows 10 won't connect to WiFi on my Draytek router - why?

I have a (mostly Linux) home network with a Draytek 2860n connecting
to the internet using VDSL. It all works well and much as expected.

Mostly visitors using MS Windows and Android seem to connect...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 4th 18, 09:37 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 12
Posted By Chris Green
Wireless router with guest wifi networks

Pete Zahut wrote:
I currently have an Asus router that has four separate wifi networks
for guest use. Each network can have its own SSID, password, and is
completely isolated from...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 28th 18, 03:25 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 5
Posted By Chris Green
Looking for replacement for Gigaset C475IP + 6 handsets

Our long serving C475IP and a rather eclectic mix of handsets is
beginning to get rather quirky and unreliable so I'm looking for a
replacement.

We don't need anything fancy, just 6 DECT handsets,...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 22nd 18, 08:52 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 32
Posted By Chris Green
Houses conneced to some cabinets cannot get FTTC even though exchange and other cabinets can

Woody wrote:
I take the point but he has four lines for a purpose. He is a farmer -
well he leases his land and takes the money as he is semi-retired. He
uses one line...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 11th 18, 07:42 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 58
Posted By Chris Green
Average broadband rates near 50Mbps in UK

NY wrote:
"R. Mark Clayton" wrote in message
It is cheaper if you have a tank - IIRC I...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 11th 18, 09:46 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 58
Posted By Chris Green
Average broadband rates near 50Mbps in UK

Martin Brown wrote:
Phone - unknown, but probably 1930's and even then.
Electricity - 1952
Mains water - unknown

Rural locations tended to...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 25th 18, 09:56 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 20
Posted By Chris Green
Facebook

Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 21:44:08 +0100, Yellow
wrote:

To my mind using any form of social media is a very very...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 22nd 18, 09:04 AM Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 39
Posted By Chris Green
Cheap 4G dongle for short trip..?

In uk.telecom.broadband Brian Gregory wrote:
On 19/04/2018 21:06, Chris Green wrote:
snip
3 do now allow tethering on their 3-2-1 PAYGO accounts.
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 19th 18, 09:06 PM Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 39
Posted By Chris Green
Cheap 4G dongle for short trip..?

In uk.telecom.broadband MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 12/04/18 13:03, Martin Brown wrote:
In message , Someone Somewhere
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 14th 18, 01:57 PM Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 39
Posted By Chris Green
Cheap 4G dongle for short trip..?

In uk.telecom.broadband MB wrote:
to make it profitable. People sailing down canals are too busy to want
4G coverage, they will wanted it when parked up for the night and those...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 11th 18, 02:16 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 6
Posted By Chris Green
SOT: problems with Skype

In uk.tech.digital-tv Woody wrote:
I have Skype on two machines, a laptop running W7Pro and a desktop
running W10Pro.

This morning I attempted a Skype call with my...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 10th 18, 05:05 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 34
Posted By Chris Green
Changing a router

NY wrote:
"Woody" wrote in message
Or get your internet service and phone service from Zen, and in the
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 30th 18, 03:34 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 42
Posted By Chris Green
BT [Yahoo!] servers screwed yet again

R. Mark Clayton wrote:
For this to have happened as the norm as part of IoT,
everyone needs fixed IP addresses. Now all of those investments
have to be redone...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 24th 18, 08:58 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 35
Posted By Chris Green
John Lewis Broadband versus TalkTalk for VDSL/FTTC (traffic shaping)

Chris wrote:

Plusnet are really BT, but the monkey not the organ grinder. Once you
are in they will treat you like **** just like BT do.

Been with them...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 4th 18, 11:13 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 6
Posted By Chris Green
Packet loss seems to have increased, how to diagnose?

Brian Gregory wrote:
On 22/03/2015 10:57, wrote:
wrote:
My son and I both felt recently that "the internet seemed a bit...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 22nd 17, 09:48 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 34
Posted By Chris Green
Strange call from "BT" asking me to turn off my router

Vir Campestris wrote:
On 20/12/2017 19:44, Mark Carver wrote:

I wonder what happens on FTTP connections ? My lad has just
gone live with his. He gets...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100