Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: MB[_2_]
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 10th 18, 09:43 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 35
Posted By MB[_2_]
Jersey fibred up

On 10/10/2018 17:37, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
Cheaper housing is reserved for those born on the island - immigrants have to buy very expensive houses or just come on holiday.

I think people moving...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 10th 18, 01:30 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 35
Posted By MB[_2_]
Jersey fibred up

On 10/10/2018 13:10, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
Various news reports that after seven years' rollout every premise in Jersey now has fibre broadband.

I could not decide from the report whether every...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 9th 18, 08:45 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 35
Posted By MB[_2_]
High speed broadband to become a legal right

On 08/10/2018 22:19, Tweed wrote:
C) Optical fibres do not conduct electricity. The only real safety issue is
making sure the distribution pole is turned off before working on it. The
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 8th 18, 02:08 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 35
Posted By MB[_2_]
High speed broadband to become a legal right

On 08/10/2018 10:08, Tweed wrote:
I don't quite follow the difficulty for the rural hill farmer types. For
most of these locations their electricity supply comes in via overhead
wires on...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 8th 18, 02:02 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 35
Posted By MB[_2_]
High speed broadband to become a legal right

On 07/10/2018 23:17, Rodney Pont wrote:
I presume, as now, you will be able to go to any telecom company and
demand high speed broadband and they will get Openreach to install it,
unless they...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 7th 18, 10:17 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 35
Posted By MB[_2_]
High speed broadband to become a legal right

On 05/10/2018 14:20, Rodney Pont wrote:
On Fri, 5 Oct 2018 10:20:22 +0100, NY wrote:

I wonder what they will do about people who are at the end of long phone
lines in rural areas several...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 7th 18, 10:00 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 23
Posted By MB[_2_]
Why choose a smart digital lock?

On 05/10/2018 22:49, brightside wrote:
On Fri, 5 Oct 2018 05:53:26 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Smart locks are sure to become every homeowner's favorite. They offer the...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 7th 18, 09:57 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 23
Posted By MB[_2_]
Why choose a smart digital lock?

On 05/10/2018 17:52, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
Probably the best system I saw was in a hotel - the keys were plastic and about twice the size of a SIM card. There were holes in it and these matched...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 7th 18, 09:54 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 23
Posted By MB[_2_]
Why choose a smart digital lock?

On 05/10/2018 17:19, Roderick Stewart wrote:
No more access to your home in the event of loss of power?

I went on a course at another large telecom company's training school.
They had digital...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 7th 18, 09:50 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 23
Posted By MB[_2_]
Why choose a smart digital lock?

On 05/10/2018 13:53, wrote:
Smart locks are sure to become every homeowner's favorite. They offer the same level of security as typical mechanical door locks, but provide...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) September 30th 18, 12:27 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 3
Posted By MB[_2_]
Openreach outage

On 29/09/2018 22:27, Bill Ward wrote:
Is there any way to find out when one has a problem in their area ?
Our fibre broadband (in BN21) was down from about 5am to around 10pm on
Wednesday.I...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 13th 18, 06:15 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 21
Posted By MB[_2_]
Wahahahanking with copper G.Fast cut back to G.Slow

On 13/08/2018 18:04, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Monday, 13 August 2018 11:17:59 UTC+1, MB wrote:
On 13/08/2018 09:58, Andy Burns wrote:
If BT offered me 330Mbps tomorrow, I'd only swap to it...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 13th 18, 11:17 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 21
Posted By MB[_2_]
Wahahahanking with copper G.Fast cut back to G.Slow

On 13/08/2018 09:58, Andy Burns wrote:
If BT offered me 330Mbps tomorrow, I'd only swap to it from 80Mbps if
the price was the same, so maybe they're right to ease off on G.Fast
rollout?

The...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 4th 18, 08:36 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 11
Posted By MB[_2_]
IoD wants copper switch off date - DCMS fiber engineers offer totake them off the Internet

On 03/08/2018 15:16, NY wrote:
Is it the wires that are a problem or the joints between them, whether
underground, up a pole, or under water in a flooded junction box or the
bed of a...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 21st 18, 05:43 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 5
Posted By MB[_2_]
No Customers in London/UK with symmetric gigabit Internet for 5G,IoT, AI, MI, VR, AR Digital

On 21/07/2018 12:24, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
Don't know the fuel, but diesel is safer than gas or petrol.

Microwave dish is fine [and free], but satellite introduces significant latency and the...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 20th 18, 11:49 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 20/07/2018 19:19, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Thursday, 19 July 2018 20:26:53 UTC+1, 7 wrote:
No Customers in London/UK with symmetric gigabit Internet for 5G, IoT, AI, MI, VR, AR Digital
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 20th 18, 11:44 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 14
Posted By MB[_2_]
=?UTF-8?Q?_Gigabit_Fiber-_big_Demand_with_=c2=a32000_Gaming_PCs?=

On 20/07/2018 19:40, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 20/07/18 18:52, R. Mark Clayton wrote:

People who choose to live way out in the sticks have to realise that
they may not have all the comforts...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 20th 18, 01:01 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 36
Posted By MB[_2_]
"Britain's digital divide"

On 20/07/2018 10:46, Roderick Stewart wrote:
One way or another there has to be a cable or fibre run from the front
door to the computer; if it's their cable or fibre they have to do it,
but if...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 20th 18, 12:58 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 36
Posted By MB[_2_]
"Britain's digital divide"

On 20/07/2018 10:27, NY wrote:

Hopefully when you get FTTP they won't do the standard BT Openreach
thing (for ADSL and FTTC/VDSL) of installing the only internet-capable
socket close to...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 19th 18, 01:12 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 29
Posted By MB[_2_]
Gigabit fibre - people won't buy it - a lesson for 7

On 17/07/2018 22:29, MissRiaElaine wrote:
If you rely on streaming, you are at the mercy of the programme
providers. They may decide to remove the item you want or start charging
through the...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 17th 18, 06:40 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 29
Posted By MB[_2_]
Gigabit fibre - people won't buy it - a lesson for 7

On 16/07/2018 21:27, MissRiaElaine wrote:

I was talking to a friend of mine in San Francisco the other day. He's
just had FTTP installed and is getting 100 Mb both up and down, plus the
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 9th 18, 10:13 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 10
Posted By MB[_2_]
Master baiting with krone tool.. OOoo! I think its gettingbigger!

On 09/07/2018 09:57, Graham J wrote:
MB wrote:
On 08/07/2018 21:23, Vir Campestris wrote:
I won't be going mobile any time soon. For a start they barely work
here, and not at all...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 9th 18, 12:22 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 10
Posted By MB[_2_]
Master baiting with krone tool.. OOoo! I think its gettingbigger!

On 08/07/2018 21:23, Vir Campestris wrote:
I won't be going mobile any time soon. For a start they barely work
here, and not at all inside. And while I want to dump the copper we
have, BT...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 1st 18, 01:22 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 3
Posted By MB[_2_]
Fed up villagers in Wales install their own symmetric gigabitfiber

On 01/07/2018 11:36, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
No doubt voluntary labour and cutting corners kept the cost down, but we have a digger, a driver, a fibre blowing machine (BT's apparently).

Looks as if...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 17th 18, 04:37 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 32
Posted By MB[_2_]
Houses conneced to some cabinets cannot get FTTC even thoughexchange and other cabinets can

On 17/06/2018 15:52, Theo wrote:
- in other words, not the target of money to upgrade because you already
have a single commercial provider. Therefore it'll only happen when BT
decides it's in...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100