Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Martin Brown[_2_]
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 2nd 18, 08:54 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 86
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Citizens Advice: Millions overcharged for mobile contracts

On 01/10/2018 17:22, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 01/10/2018 11:24, Ian Jackson wrote:

I have a little-used, cheap, PAYG phone (it's got a full QWERTY
keypad, so it's good for texting), and...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) September 25th 18, 08:45 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 33
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
TalkTalk modems

On 21/09/2018 22:56, Woody wrote:
On Fri 21/09/2018 20:08, Graham. wrote:
Could anyone answer simple question please?

An elderly neighbour has had her TT router replaced. She had a...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) September 22nd 18, 09:03 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 33
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
TalkTalk modems

On 22/09/2018 08:41, Woody wrote:
On Sat 22/09/2018 07:08, Is it safe? wrote:
On 21/09/2018 23:45, Woody wrote:
On Fri 21/09/2018 22:42, Martin Brown wrote:
On 21/09/2018 16:16, Woody...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) September 21st 18, 10:42 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 33
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
TalkTalk modems

On 21/09/2018 16:16, Woody wrote:
Could anyone answer simple question please?

An elderly neighbour has had her TT router replaced. She had a Huawei
HG633 which has been replaced with a...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) September 21st 18, 02:18 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 86
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Citizens Advice: Millions overcharged for mobile contracts

On 21/09/2018 14:00, bert wrote:
In article , Martin Brown
writes

They continue to do it and when your contract is up try to...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) September 20th 18, 05:47 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 86
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Citizens Advice: Millions overcharged for mobile contracts

On 20/09/2018 16:10, tim... wrote:

And if I phone up EE to unlock it, they will likely say "It's not an EE
phone anymore"

Take it into a high street EE store to unlock it.

The staff can be...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) September 20th 18, 05:43 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 86
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Citizens Advice: Millions overcharged for mobile contracts

On 20/09/2018 15:51, Chris wrote:
Martin Brown wrote:

Even on a SIM only deal if you aren't talking to customer retention at
least every couple of years...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) September 20th 18, 08:59 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 86
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Citizens Advice: Millions overcharged for mobile contracts

On 19/09/2018 22:46, bert wrote:
In article , Java Jive
writes
On 19/09/2018 19:06, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 19/09/2018 18:47, Java...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 6th 18, 04:29 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 8
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Adding an external aerial to a mifi unit

On 04/08/2018 18:41, Tim+ wrote:

I have a Huawei (how the f*ck do you pronounce that?) 4G E5776 MiFi unit
that I might be lending out to someone in a poor reception area.

It has a tiny...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 30th 18, 08:55 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 7
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Point to point wireless

On 29/07/2018 23:39, Theo wrote:
If I want to make a wireless link of about 500m through a typical
residential environment, but which can't do line of sight, is there anything
I could do? The...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 26th 18, 02:45 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 9
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Router will not logon to WAN after work on telephone pole

On 26/07/2018 08:52, NY wrote:
"Graham J" wrote in message
Who is the ISP?

Plusnet

What make/model of router?

TPLink...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 26th 18, 02:41 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 9
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Router will not logon to WAN after work on telephone pole

On 25/07/2018 21:30, Chris Green wrote:
NY wrote:
My parents' internet has stopped working. I seems that some gardeners who
were working next door were removing some branches...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 18th 18, 09:38 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 29
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Gigabit fibre - people won't buy it - a lesson for 7

On 17/07/2018 22:12, Stephen wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 12:06:56 +0100, Martin Brown
wrote:

Feed the phone number into the service predictor and see what...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 17th 18, 12:06 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 29
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Gigabit fibre - people won't buy it - a lesson for 7

On 16/07/2018 19:40, Stephen wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 16:01:05 +0100, "NY" wrote:

The only time you will notice any benefit for increased speed beyond a
certain level is...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 10th 18, 10:47 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 0
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
ADSL 2+ upgrade at 3.5km 47dB attn

Our rural exchange has upgraded from ADSL Max to full ADSL 2+ this
weekend. The wires are still the same old ancient copper.

I already got 5M/0.448M and had looked at the graphs for my range and...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 29th 18, 04:35 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 9
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Poor BT Suport re email failures

On 28/06/2018 21:31, Graham J wrote:
Terry Pinnell wrote:
Have other BT customers been experiencing inexplicable failure of
incoming and outgoing email?

[snip]

I have some legacy...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 28th 18, 10:32 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 28/06/2018 18:42, Apd wrote:
"Terry Pinnell" wrote:
Have other BT customers been experiencing inexplicable failure of
incoming and outgoing email?

Yes. Rejection of password when...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 20th 18, 05:58 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 32
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Houses conneced to some cabinets cannot get FTTC even thoughexchange and other cabinets can

On 20/06/2018 17:44, Tweed wrote:
Martin Brown wrote:
On 17/06/2018 17:25, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 17/06/18 16:37, MB wrote:
On 17/06/2018 15:52, Theo...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 20th 18, 04:47 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 32
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Houses conneced to some cabinets cannot get FTTC even thoughexchange and other cabinets can

On 20/06/2018 11:33, Woody wrote:
A farmer friend in Zummerzet is, according to dslchecker, 2908m from
the serving (sub)exchange. He has four lines of which the last Km or
so is overhead and...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 20th 18, 09:29 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 32
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Houses conneced to some cabinets cannot get FTTC even thoughexchange and other cabinets can

On 17/06/2018 17:25, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 17/06/18 16:37, MB wrote:
On 17/06/2018 15:52, Theo wrote:
- in other words, not the target of money to upgrade because you already
have a...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 20th 18, 09:25 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 32
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Houses conneced to some cabinets cannot get FTTC even thoughexchange and other cabinets can

On 17/06/2018 11:43, NY wrote:
We're looking to buy a new (*) house. I notice that houses in some
streets of the town centre cannot get FTTC, only ADSL, whereas others on
the same exchange...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 24th 18, 09:09 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 8
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Hammond to pledge superfast broadband for most homes

On 23/05/2018 20:55, Andy Burns wrote:
Java Jive wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44215833

Openreach and Virgin FTTP are both available to me (I suspect the latter
would have...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 15th 18, 10:40 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 33
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Extending FTTC from a master socket

On 15/05/2018 22:28, Andy Burns wrote:
Vir Campestris wrote:

The master socket is
in a stupid place - what's the best kind of cable to run from there to
where his router will be?

Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 15th 18, 10:25 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 58
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Average broadband rates near 50Mbps in UK

On 11/05/2018 11:58, NY wrote:
"Martin Brown" wrote in message

Lack of mains gas is a pretty good proxy for broadband...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 15th 18, 10:00 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 58
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Average broadband rates near 50Mbps in UK

On 13/05/2018 21:27, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 11/05/2018 09:17, Martin Brown wrote:
Lack of mains gas is a pretty good proxy for broadband not spots.

Our old house had mains gas, but crap...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100