Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.21 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: NY
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 8th 18, 10:02 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 35
Posted By NY
High speed broadband to become a legal right

"Rodney Pont" wrote in message
Cost to the user doesn't come into the equation as far as I'm aware. If
you...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 8th 18, 09:09 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 35
Posted By NY
High speed broadband to become a legal right

"Rodney Pont" wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Oct 2018 22:17:57 +0100, MB wrote:

Will people be able to go to...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 5th 18, 09:50 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 23
Posted By NY
Why choose a smart digital lock?

"Richmond" wrote in message
Roderick Stewart writes:

No more access to your home in the event of...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 5th 18, 10:36 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 35
Posted By NY
High speed broadband to become a legal right

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
NY wrote:

Java Jive wrote:
The Government has confirmed that universal high speed broadband...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 5th 18, 10:20 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 35
Posted By NY
High speed broadband to become a legal right

"Java Jive" wrote in message
Not sure if I've linked to this before, so ...

"High speed broadband to become a legal right.

Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) September 7th 18, 08:26 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 13
Posted By NY
Plusnet billing failures

"Clive Page" wrote in message
Plusnet have changed their billing system and sent me two emails, first to
say that this months bill...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 28th 18, 11:19 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 11
Posted By NY
Intermittent "destination address unreachable" when pining router

"NY" wrote in message
"Graham J" wrote in message
NY...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 28th 18, 10:39 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 11
Posted By NY
Intermittent "destination address unreachable" when pining router

"Graham J" wrote in message
NY wrote:

[snip]

If I happen to see the guy that runs the cottage, I'll ask whether his
own...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 26th 18, 02:00 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 11
Posted By NY
Intermittent "destination address unreachable" when pining router

"Graham J" wrote in message
To the OP: what does does the WiFi icon show? If you have Windows 7
please refer to:

Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 26th 18, 01:45 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 11
Posted By NY
Intermittent "destination address unreachable" when pining router

"Graham J" wrote in message
NY wrote:
What router fault could cause wireless devices (laptop, phone)
intermittently to lose contact...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 24th 18, 10:41 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 11
Posted By NY
Intermittent "destination address unreachable" when pining router

What router fault could cause wireless devices (laptop, phone)
intermittently to lose contact with the router (can't even ping the gateway
address - destination address unreachable), even though...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 24th 18, 09:46 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 4
Posted By NY
Newly upgraded from ADSL to FTTC/VDSL - fast sync but very slow speedtest.net speed

My parents have recently upgraded from ADSL to FTTC/VDSL. Their new router
is syncing at about 41/6 Mbps (D/U). However speedtest.net is giving speeds
of about 4/2 Mbps (D/U). Is there something...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 20th 18, 04:00 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 13
Posted By NY
BT Openreach predicting "In Scope" for FTTP (premises, not cabinet)

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Roger Mills wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Where FTTP is available instead of FTTC, you can...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 20th 18, 09:33 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 13
Posted By NY
BT Openreach predicting "In Scope" for FTTP (premises, not cabinet)

"Vir Campestris" wrote in message
On 19/08/2018 20:55, NY wrote:
If the BT Openreach fibre site
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 19th 18, 08:55 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 13
Posted By NY
BT Openreach predicting "In Scope" for FTTP (premises, not cabinet)

If the BT Openreach fibre site
https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/fibre-broadband/when-can-i-get-fibre
for a given address reports a status of "Your area is currently in our plans
to be...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 17th 18, 10:26 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 30
Posted By NY
Sky routers

"MissRiaElaine" wrote in message
On 17/08/18 19:28, Stephen wrote:

Some routers support / allow separate SSIDs for the...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 9th 18, 02:57 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 20
Posted By NY
Plusnet call protect seems to help

"tim..." wrote in message

"Mark Carver" wrote in message
On...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 6th 18, 12:15 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 3
Posted By NY
Hyperoptic - joke offer

"R. Mark Clayton" wrote in message
I was browsing something to do with Liverpool Lime Street station, when
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 3rd 18, 03:16 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 11
Posted By NY
IoD wants copper switch off date - DCMS fiber engineers offer to take them off the Internet

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
Whilst old phone wires corrode and the insulation breaks down, any wires
laid in the last forty to...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 26th 18, 03:14 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 9
Posted By NY
Router will not logon to WAN after work on telephone pole

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
It strikes me that if cycling the power on the modem to reboot doesn't fix
it then if it...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 26th 18, 08:52 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 9
Posted By NY
Router will not logon to WAN after work on telephone pole

"Graham J" wrote in message
Who is the ISP?

Plusnet

What make/model of router?

TPLink 8970
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 25th 18, 08:53 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 9
Posted By NY
Router will not logon to WAN after work on telephone pole

My parents' internet has stopped working. I seems that some gardeners who
were working next door were removing some branches that overhung the
overhead mains wires from a wooden pole to the houses...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 20th 18, 02:49 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 36
Posted By NY
"Britain's digital divide"

"MissRiaElaine" wrote in message
On 20/07/18 12:06, Mark Allread wrote:

Is there a limit to the length of ethernet
cabling?...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 20th 18, 12:56 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 36
Posted By NY
"Britain's digital divide"

"Graham J" wrote in message
Sadly, you have to resolve this yourself: if necessary by installing
Ethernet cables. Or find a contractor...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 20th 18, 12:43 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 36
Posted By NY
"Britain's digital divide"

"Mark Allread" wrote in message
See my reply to NY. Our line currently comes into the roof space where
there are no...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100