Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 16.82 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paul King
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 24th 04, 11:04 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 12
Posted By Paul King
anybody had probs with credit checks getting BB?

MA wrote:
"Paul King" wrote in message

All well and good. I'm only quoting what *ACTUALLY*...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) September 28th 04, 04:48 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 13
Posted By Paul King
Newbie Requires Help with Router & Modem Set Up

Gatecrasher wrote:
Hi,

I have an SMC 7004ABR V2 Router, a D-Link DSL 300T ethernet modem, and
two PCs.

Both PCs can talk to the Router and each other over the lan. If the
modem is...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) September 10th 04, 08:43 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul King
512 regrade woes

Be careful out there!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/09/09/broadband_bt_regrade/

--

Replace the dots and remove nospam for valid email address
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 18th 04, 01:32 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Peter" wrote in message
A friend is trying to set up the above, on a new BB connection,
PlusNet.

It all works fine with...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 27th 04, 01:32 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 4
Posted By Paul King
help with disappointingly slow broadband connection

"Daisy" wrote in message
Hi

Broadband novice here.

I have just subscribed to broadband (Tiscali 512kps) and

Sounds to...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 27th 04, 12:47 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 9
Posted By Paul King
What on Earth is a "Ping of Death"?

"vic" wrote in message

Guessing from your un-munged email addy, you work at Marconi, no?

Which site? I work...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 27th 04, 12:09 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 9
Posted By Paul King
What on Earth is a "Ping of Death"?

"vic" wrote in message

Anyway, sorry for being tetchy. Let's kiss and make up,
or if you prefer, perform a firm...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 27th 04, 10:55 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 9
Posted By Paul King
What on Earth is a "Ping of Death"?

Thanks for all the helpful (and not so helpful) replies.
I hadn't thought to google for it - I assumed that asking here might help
others who have seen similar.

Usenet's such a nice thing - pity...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 27th 04, 08:53 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 9
Posted By Paul King
What on Earth is a "Ping of Death"?

Saw this in the log of my router last night:-
Feb/27/2004 00:55:34
Ping of Death Detect src:80.136.246.16:33054 dst:81.178.xxx.xxx:6699 Packet
Dropped

What is a Ping of Death and, more to the...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 26th 04, 01:29 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 9
Posted By Paul King
DLink DSL 300G+ Saga continues.....

"Fish" wrote in message
I found that bridge mode only worked if I first switched the modem to
bridge mode then turned it off, set...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 16th 04, 04:40 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 8
Posted By Paul King
New ADSL ETHERNET Modem Recommends?

Ok, I've finally accepted that D-Link is crap!
They've had my modem for nearly a week now (RMA'd) and still no sign of a
replacement.
Any recommendations for an ADSL Ethernet modem (not router, nor...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 6th 04, 11:09 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 13
Posted By Paul King
aol now allows routers

"londoncpl" wrote in message
if you are on aol look in the help files and read about broadband routers

No, I'm...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 6th 04, 10:44 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 25
Posted By Paul King
Dlink DSL-300G+ DHCP Server query

"Rick" wrote in message
Has anybody managed to change the default lease time from the 20
second default?

My SonicWall...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 29th 04, 02:03 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 7
Posted By Paul King
Belkin and WEP encryption (I BET YOU CANNOT RESOLVE THIS ONE)

"TD Key" wrote in message
Sorry HTH I didn't get your message right. I'll describe what we want
to do:

I go to...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 29th 04, 01:47 PM Posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 19
Posted By Paul King
CLI and ADSL

"www.kernow-telecom.co.uk" wrote in
message ...
(x-posted to uk.telecom)

Hi guys,
I have BT's Caller...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 26th 04, 04:51 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 7
Posted By Paul King
Belkin and WEP encryption (I BET YOU CANNOT RESOLVE THIS ONE)

"Ian" wrote in message

"TD Key" wrote in message
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 20th 04, 01:36 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 4
Posted By Paul King
Firewall Settings on D-Link Router on BTinternet

"r" wrote in message
I am completely confused as to how to configure the firewall settings on
my
DI-624 router. Confusion stems...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 16th 04, 01:47 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 6
Posted By Paul King
wireless set up

"¬Stephen Hammond" wrote in message
I was thinking of getting these two to connect two computers to adsl, my
computer next...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 4th 03, 09:21 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul King
Reflashing D-Link DSL-300G+ Modem

Anyone thinking of re-flashing their D-Link DSL-300G+ modem in the hope that
the new build (b4t12uk) will cure the 30sec. DHCP leasetime timeout problem
should be aware that it does *NOT* solve the...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 28th 03, 10:20 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 7
Posted By Paul King
testing an adsl connection

"wh" wrote in message
Our exchange was due to be upgraded on 26th November, and according to the
BT...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 26th 03, 04:45 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 15
Posted By Paul King
ntl t*ts up

"JPG" wrote in message
All internet access to ntl servers has gone t*ts up from about 1600
yesterday,
someone forgot to wind up...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 25th 03, 10:18 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 5
Posted By Paul King
How to flash firmware in D-Link DSL-300G+ modem?

"Jonathan Buzzard" wrote in message
In article ,
"Paul King"...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 24th 03, 10:10 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 5
Posted By Paul King
How to flash firmware in D-Link DSL-300G+ modem?

"Matt West" wrote in message
I've just got a D-Link DSL-300G+ modem and used it for the first time
this weekend. ...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 18th 03, 01:13 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 2
Posted By Paul King
do you get a free dial up number as back up on pipex?

"v-tech" wrote in message
Hi, been on pipex for a month or two now, heard people mention using a
"free" dial up number if...
Showing results 1 to 24 of 24