Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: MB[_2_]
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 15th 19, 02:38 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 4
Posted By MB[_2_]
WiFi enabled camera

On 14/02/2019 22:39, David Wade wrote:
I have a little Nikon that's WiFi enabled. It creates its own network,
you then connect the phone to it and can transfer the photos to the
device. I...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 24th 18, 01:25 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 115
Posted By MB[_2_]
viable to use 4G instead of fixed line?

On 24/12/2018 10:29, David Wade wrote:
On 23/12/2018 21:37, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 22/12/2018 17:08, Paul Cummins wrote:
Independent tests show that with 3g and 4g, Three covers 97% of...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 19th 18, 12:55 PM Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 5
Posted By MB[_2_]
Ofcom report says 4G mobile coverage patchy in Scotland

On 19/12/2018 11:53, Andy Burns wrote:
Java Jive wrote:

A report from Ofcom indicates that only 38% of the landmass has good
4G coverage from all operators - while 82% of England is...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 9th 18, 03:50 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By MB[_2_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

On 09/12/2018 12:24, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 09/12/2018 01:21, Recliner wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46497526

That's just England, we do things differently up here..!

I love...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 7th 18, 12:11 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 206
Posted By MB[_2_]
Mobile faster than wi-fi in many countries

On 03/12/2018 09:54, Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Sun, 2 Dec 2018 22:18:32 +0000, Java Jive
wrote:

On 02/12/2018 15:45, Paul Cummins wrote:

Find me a...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 2nd 18, 10:58 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 206
Posted By MB[_2_]
Mobile faster than wi-fi in many countries

On 02/12/2018 15:45, Paul Cummins wrote:
Find me a common, cheap, domestic xDSL router/switch with 1Gbps built in?

It's all marketing, persuading people that they cannot possibly exist
without a...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 27th 18, 01:04 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By MB[_2_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

On 24/11/2018 17:47, Michael R N Dolbear wrote:
such as a PIN at the checkout. Granted, the amount that can be taken is
limited, but I'd just as soon not have the money taken in the first...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 27th 18, 01:00 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By MB[_2_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

On 24/11/2018 17:27, Rodney Pont wrote:
How would they be able to take money? It's not as if there is any money
on the card, it's just a sort of electronic cheque, ie a request for
payment that...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 27th 18, 12:58 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By MB[_2_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

On 24/11/2018 16:44, Chris wrote:
Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 23 Nov 2018 22:25:30 +0000, MissRiaElaine wrote:

On 23/11/2018 19:09, Chris wrote:

Actually being a...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 27th 18, 12:56 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By MB[_2_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

On 24/11/2018 15:30, MissRiaElaine wrote:

Here, a member of the pharmacist's staff does a daily round of the local
surgeries to collect the prescriptions where people have opted in to
have...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 27th 18, 12:53 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By MB[_2_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

On 24/11/2018 15:21, MissRiaElaine wrote:
Apart from the RFID problem, I don't like the idea of no security check
such as a PIN at the checkout. Granted, the amount that can be taken is
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 25th 18, 11:58 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By MB[_2_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

On 24/11/2018 09:19, Graham J wrote:

The NHS is probably a good example of an organisation where it is often
necesary to send a diagram or other freehand drawing rather than simply
text.*...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 24th 18, 09:53 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By MB[_2_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

On 23/11/2018 22:42, bert wrote:
I don't visit hospitals* very often but recently as I sat in a waiting
room I was astonished by the number of people walking to and for mostly
carrying...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 23rd 18, 11:44 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 17
Posted By MB[_2_]
WiFi conundrum - what's this MAC address from?

On 20/11/2018 11:25, Chris Green wrote:
Ah, yes, now I understand!:-) I think I remember Doc Watson
(American folk singer) telling that one.

It is so old that Chaucer probably used it in...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 23rd 18, 11:42 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By MB[_2_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

On 23/11/2018 00:11, MissRiaElaine wrote:
I have rather a soft spot for faxes, I used to use them a lot at work.
My multi-function-do-everything copier/scanner/printer machine has fax
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 23rd 18, 11:37 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By MB[_2_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

On 22/11/2018 12:59, S Viemeister wrote:
On 11/22/2018 6:42 AM, Java Jive wrote:
On 21/11/2018 21:41, S Viemeister wrote:
On 11/21/2018 3:44 PM, Java Jive wrote:
There are other banks...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 23rd 18, 11:35 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 22/11/2018 12:55, S Viemeister wrote:
On 11/22/2018 4:22 AM, MB wrote:
On 21/11/2018 21:41, S Viemeister wrote:
My nearest bank (RBS) is in Tongue, but it's closing next month -
they...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 23rd 18, 11:34 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By MB[_2_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

On 22/11/2018 11:30, Martin Brown wrote:
*Bank branches will refuse to do lots of things if you don't actually
have an account with them. The PO are slightly more forgiving if you can
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 22nd 18, 10:22 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By MB[_2_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

On 21/11/2018 21:41, S Viemeister wrote:
My nearest bank (RBS) is in Tongue, but it's closing next month - they
never bothered to install an ATM, but it was still handy to have a
proper bank....
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 10th 18, 10:43 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 35
Posted By MB[_2_]
Jersey fibred up

On 10/10/2018 17:37, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
Cheaper housing is reserved for those born on the island - immigrants have to buy very expensive houses or just come on holiday.

I think people moving...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 10th 18, 02:30 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 35
Posted By MB[_2_]
Jersey fibred up

On 10/10/2018 13:10, R. Mark Clayton wrote:
Various news reports that after seven years' rollout every premise in Jersey now has fibre broadband.

I could not decide from the report whether every...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 9th 18, 09:45 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 35
Posted By MB[_2_]
High speed broadband to become a legal right

On 08/10/2018 22:19, Tweed wrote:
C) Optical fibres do not conduct electricity. The only real safety issue is
making sure the distribution pole is turned off before working on it. The
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 8th 18, 03:08 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 35
Posted By MB[_2_]
High speed broadband to become a legal right

On 08/10/2018 10:08, Tweed wrote:
I don't quite follow the difficulty for the rural hill farmer types. For
most of these locations their electricity supply comes in via overhead
wires on...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 8th 18, 03:02 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 35
Posted By MB[_2_]
High speed broadband to become a legal right

On 07/10/2018 23:17, Rodney Pont wrote:
I presume, as now, you will be able to go to any telecom company and
demand high speed broadband and they will get Openreach to install it,
unless they...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 7th 18, 11:17 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 35
Posted By MB[_2_]
High speed broadband to become a legal right

On 05/10/2018 14:20, Rodney Pont wrote:
On Fri, 5 Oct 2018 10:20:22 +0100, NY wrote:

I wonder what they will do about people who are at the end of long phone
lines in rural areas several...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100