Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: NY
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 20th 19, 12:18 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 20
Posted By NY
Power for a VDSL modem/router.

"Richard Tobin" wrote in message
In article ,
PeterC ...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 6th 19, 12:51 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 10
Posted By NY
Plusnet router - carry-over of configured settings from previous PN router

"Graham J" wrote in message
NY wrote:

[snip]

I'm trying to remember now why I used reserved DHCP for the computers on
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 5th 19, 09:21 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 10
Posted By NY
Plusnet router - carry-over of configured settings from previous PN router

"Graham J" wrote in message
NY wrote:

[snip]

The router has a config page for each PC that has been assigned an
address
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 5th 19, 06:42 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 10
Posted By NY
Plusnet router - carry-over of configured settings from previous PN router

"Graham J" wrote in message
I suspect you changed the router without switching off the clients, and
that the new router used the same...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 5th 19, 01:28 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 23
Posted By NY
What factors affect "speedtest" speed, when it is less than router's sync speed?

"Martin Brown" wrote in message
No difference in ADSL speed after the fault was fixed, and no difference
in sync speed,...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 5th 19, 01:17 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 10
Posted By NY
Plusnet router - carry-over of configured settings from previous PN router

"NY" wrote in message
Plusnet have sent me a new PN-branded Hub One to replace the PN
Technicolour TG582 router, to...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 5th 19, 01:00 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 10
Posted By NY
Plusnet router - carry-over of configured settings from previous PN router

Plusnet have sent me a new PN-branded Hub One to replace the PN Technicolour
TG582 router, to see if it achieves a higher DSL speed (actually there's no
discernable difference in...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 5th 19, 12:07 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 23
Posted By NY
What factors affect "speedtest" speed, when it is less than router's sync speed?

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
NY wrote:

Today the BT OR engineer found that there was some contact between our
pair and...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 4th 19, 07:35 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 23
Posted By NY
What factors affect "speedtest" speed, when it is less than router's sync speed?

"NY" wrote in message
Last night was very windy, and after the wind had died down, I found that
the sync speed and...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 4th 19, 06:58 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 23
Posted By NY
What factors affect "speedtest" speed, when it is less than router's sync speed?

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
NY wrote:

Ping Latency (ms): 22412

if true, that's horrible. but I suspect it's just a...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 1st 19, 02:33 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 23
Posted By NY
What factors affect "speedtest" speed, when it is less than router's sync speed?

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
NY wrote:

Speedtest results which were around 1500, dropping to 600 after a broken
line fault...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 1st 19, 12:47 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 23
Posted By NY
What factors affect "speedtest" speed, when it is less than router's sync speed?

"Graham J" wrote in message
NY wrote:

[snip]

Did you make a note of the SNR margin, loop attenuation, and error
counts...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 1st 19, 10:23 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 23
Posted By NY
What factors affect "speedtest" speed, when it is less than router's sync speed?

"Graham J" wrote in message
This is for Ookla Speedtest app on Android and Windows.

It is good practice to make all Speedtest...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 28th 19, 03:05 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 23
Posted By NY
What factors affect "speedtest" speed, when it is less than router's sync speed?

Our router used to report a sync speed of around 1.5-2 Mbps down and 0.4 up.
Speedtest achieved speeds of somewhere between 0.8 and 1.8 Mbps, depending
on time of day (contention?).

Then our line...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 22nd 19, 09:30 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 18
Posted By NY
Plusnet disabling all SMTP servers but their own?

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 17:22:32 +0000, Mark Carver wrote:

On 21/02/2019 14:16, Graham J wrote:

Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 21st 19, 03:31 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 18
Posted By NY
Plusnet disabling all SMTP servers but their own?

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Graham. wrote:

"they" have control of the thing with TR-069

If you ask Bob nicely in p.s.c-f...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 14th 19, 11:21 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 48
Posted By NY
Any advantage in using private ranges other than 192.168.x.x in NAT router?

"NY" wrote in message
A company that I worked for in 2000 supplied pre-configured servers to
customers, and the DHCP...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 14th 19, 11:13 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 48
Posted By NY
Any advantage in using private ranges other than 192.168.x.x in NAT router?

"Theo" wrote in message
Optimist wrote:
Why were 172.16.x.x and 192.168.x.x...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 7th 19, 10:11 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 67
Posted By NY
How do most people manage IP addresses on their LAN?

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
I recently built a PC for my son using one of those new AMD Ryzen CPU
chips. The network name I gave...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 7th 19, 09:44 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 67
Posted By NY
How do most people manage IP addresses on their LAN?

"MissRiaElaine" wrote in message
On 06/02/2019 19:16, Roderick Stewart wrote:
The laptop is called "Kzosno". (Try and work...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 28th 19, 12:26 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.wireless,alt.comp.networking.routers
Replies: 40
Posted By NY
the lesser spotted Gigabit Ethernet port ?

"Johann Beretta" wrote in message
I'm not confusing anything. If you have a 1gbps wireless router with a
100MB ethernet port,...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 18th 19, 03:41 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 40
Posted By NY
the lesser spotted Gigabit Ethernet port ?

"MissRiaElaine" wrote in message
On 18/01/2019 13:47, Java Jive wrote:
On 17/01/2019 15:58, MissRiaElaine wrote:

On...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 18th 19, 03:38 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Java Jive" wrote in message
On 17/01/2019 15:58, MissRiaElaine wrote:

On 17/01/2019 13:27, R. Mark Clayton wrote:

A...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 17th 19, 05:41 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 40
Posted By NY
the lesser spotted Gigabit Ethernet port ?

"MissRiaElaine" wrote in message
On 17/01/2019 13:27, R. Mark Clayton wrote:

Optical drives can simply be used on another...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 17th 19, 10:15 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,alt.internet.wireless,alt.comp.networking.routers
Replies: 40
Posted By NY
the lesser spotted Gigabit Ethernet port ?

"MissRiaElaine" wrote in message
On 16/01/2019 18:33, Abandoned Trolley wrote:

hi there

I am just wondering what...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100