Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.70 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rob Morley
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) June 10th 17, 08:35 PM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.home-networking,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By Rob Morley
Networx Connectix Switch

On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 18:25:04 +0100
Adrian Caspersz wrote:

Hi folks,

A long shot if anyone has come across these? Must be popular
commercially.

I've picked up a 24...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) May 7th 17, 04:18 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 6
Posted By Rob Morley
Help with lack of connectivity in network.

On Sun, 7 May 2017 14:50:42 +0100
Henry Law wrote:

In future, though, you'd be better to post in uk.comp.homebuilt,
which is one of the few groups left that has...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) July 22nd 16, 07:02 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 2
Posted By Rob Morley
Cameras on network - help needed.

On Fri, 22 Jul 2016 06:15:13 -0700 (PDT)
wrote:

I have a Xenta CA610 and a Yi home camera. I used to be able to
use the Xenta with ContaCam on an i5 Win10...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 11th 15, 12:20 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile
Replies: 28
Posted By Rob Morley
Mi-Fi SIM

On Fri, 11 Dec 2015 10:33:01 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:

I'm beginning to think this Xmas SIM is some sort of hoax, or viral
marketing campaign, or something. Has anyone here...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 6th 15, 04:28 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile
Replies: 49
Posted By Rob Morley
New OfCom wi-fi testing app

On Fri, 04 Dec 2015 10:08:47 +0000
Java Jive wrote:

One thing I can't fathom though, is why it
shows signals appearing to drop out suddenly altogether, and then
after a...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 27th 15, 01:25 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile
Replies: 28
Posted By Rob Morley
Mi-Fi SIM

On Thu, 26 Nov 2015 20:53:57 -0000
"Woody" wrote:

"Rob Morley" wrote in message

It works on...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 26th 15, 08:07 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile
Replies: 28
Posted By Rob Morley
Mi-Fi SIM

On Thu, 26 Nov 2015 11:35:04 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:

Their nominated tutorial: ee.co.uk/getstarted gives a blank page on
my safari/iPad (via wifi) and also on my laptop...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) December 4th 14, 04:36 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 10
Posted By Rob Morley
Port works with some devices, not others: help to diagnose/fix?

On Thu, 4 Dec 2014 10:03:37 +0000
wrote:

at the end of the single Cat5 cable strung through the trees

Just hope you don't get any nearby lightning strikes.
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) December 3rd 14, 07:11 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 10
Posted By Rob Morley
Port works with some devices, not others: help to diagnose/fix?

On Wed, 03 Dec 2014 18:38:52 +0000
Henry Law wrote:

Again you're ahead of me and I don't understand. Of the devices that
don't work on that port, one is a fairly elderly...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) December 3rd 14, 06:21 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 10
Posted By Rob Morley
Port works with some devices, not others: help to diagnose/fix?

On Wed, 03 Dec 2014 13:08:42 +0000
Henry Law wrote:

* Connections in the cable are good, using a cable tester. LEDs
flash 1-8 in the proper order. (I should say that when...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) June 8th 14, 02:49 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 1
Posted By Rob Morley
tg585 firewall rule add IP addresses

On Sun, 8 Jun 2014 02:05:32 -0700 (PDT)
wrote:

Hello,

I have a thomson TG585v7 router and I'd like to configure its
firewall to allow connecting to http only from my...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) May 16th 14, 07:52 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 4
Posted By Rob Morley
bt frustration

On Fri, 16 May 2014 09:37:13 +0100
Mike Scott wrote:

Brick wall... head...bang.

Does anyone else have issues with mail.btinternet.com? If I send
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) April 25th 14, 02:09 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 9
Posted By Rob Morley
Testing Power over Ethernet?

On Fri, 25 Apr 2014 12:39:43 +0100
wrote:

Henry Law wrote:
The charity for which I am, it seems, IT manager, network
technician, PC builder and fixer,...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) March 19th 14, 05:20 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 5
Posted By Rob Morley
Collecting HOWTOs for a router/AP project

On Wed, 19 Mar 2014 15:43:55 +0000
Colin Brough wrote:

I'm in the midst of collecting HOWTOs/guides for a project I'm hoping
to embark on soon, and wondered...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) December 4th 13, 04:30 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 7
Posted By Rob Morley
dap-1160 sdk??

On Wed, 04 Dec 2013 15:24:40 +0000
Mike Scott wrote:

On 04/12/13 14:22, Rob Morley wrote:

It's 68MB, integrity checked OK - I'll see if I can stick it...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) December 4th 13, 02:22 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 7
Posted By Rob Morley
dap-1160 sdk??

On Wed, 04 Dec 2013 08:40:06 +0000
Mike Scott wrote:

On 03/12/13 17:43, Rob Morley wrote:

I just found what appears to be the latest source plus...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) December 3rd 13, 05:43 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 7
Posted By Rob Morley
dap-1160 sdk??

On Tue, 03 Dec 2013 15:36:12 +0000
Mike Scott wrote:

I bought one of this some weeks ago. The advertising all says 'comes
with SDK' - which it didn't....
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) November 18th 13, 02:33 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 2
Posted By Rob Morley
NIC not visible

On Mon, 18 Nov 2013 01:27:03 -0800 (PST)
wrote:

I've installed a second NIC on my main computer (Windows 7 64 bit)
and the original built-in NIC has disappeared from the...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) September 25th 13, 09:47 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 12
Posted By Rob Morley
WOL not working consistently

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 17:42:12 +0100
"Endulini" wrote:
"Rob Morley" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 23:22:42 +0100
"Endulini"...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) September 25th 13, 01:27 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 12
Posted By Rob Morley
WOL not working consistently

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 23:22:42 +0100
"Endulini" wrote:

Hi,

I've been trying to set up WOL on a Windows 8 system and am confident
that it's configured ok as I can confirm...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) September 24th 13, 11:35 AM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 7
Posted By Rob Morley
Using Talk Talk HG523a as a Wireless Bridge

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 22:52:22 +0100
"Endulini" wrote:
On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 18:57:35 +0100
"Endulini" wrote:

Hi All,

I've been struggling to...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) September 23rd 13, 07:51 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 7
Posted By Rob Morley
Using Talk Talk HG523a as a Wireless Bridge

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 18:57:35 +0100
"Endulini" wrote:

Hi All,

I've been struggling to set up the router that Talk Talk have
supplied me with as a bridge - anyone got any...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) September 20th 13, 01:43 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 9
Posted By Rob Morley
Can't connect to Scottish Wildlife Trust website.

On Fri, 20 Sep 2013 00:44:48 +0100
"Flyiñg Ñuñ 213 + on netbook" wrote:

Unfortunately the fix has proved to be only temporary Rob.. Suddenly
this evening I could...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) September 19th 13, 10:57 AM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 9
Posted By Rob Morley
Can't connect to Scottish Wildlife Trust website.

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 01:00:15 +0100
"Flyiñg Ñuñ 213 + on desktop" wrote:

"Tony" wrote in message
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) September 16th 13, 01:36 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 9
Posted By Rob Morley
Can't connect to Scottish Wildlife Trust website.

On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 11:32:41 +0100
"Flyiñg Ñuñ 213 + on desktop" wrote:

It's a strange one. My netbook, desktop and Xperia smartphone are
connected to the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100