Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jim Jackson
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 4th 18, 03:30 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 4
Posted By Jim Jackson
PhoneCoop broadband ...

On 2018-01-04, Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd wrote:
I've just moved to phonecoop FTTC broadband. I've just done a
whois on the fixed IP address I get is it appears...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 3rd 18, 08:35 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 4
Posted By Jim Jackson
PhoneCoop broadband ...

I've just moved to phonecoop FTTC broadband. I've just done a whois on the
fixed IP address I get is it appears to be owned by TalkTalk. I've done
the same for things like IP address at other end...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 16th 17, 09:42 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 15
Posted By Jim Jackson
VDSL router reccomendations...

Many thanks for the thoughts and comments on various VDSL equipment. And
especially the headsup on making sure one chooses "conformant" equipment -
the references were informative. I'm going to...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 15th 17, 07:46 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 15
Posted By Jim Jackson
VDSL router reccomendations...

Hi, I'm moving to FTTC and my new ISP has sent me a Technicolor TG588v v2
router. I'm a bit disappointed with it, and was wondering what people
might recommend as a reasonably priced alternative....
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) September 22nd 16, 01:04 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 32
Posted By Jim Jackson
Phone Co-op

On 2016-09-21, Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 21 Sep 2016 21:46:39 +0000, Jim Jackson wrote:

Demon (vodaphone) are killing off their outgoing smtp server (and any
demon...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) September 21st 16, 10:46 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 32
Posted By Jim Jackson
Phone Co-op

On 2016-09-19, Theo wrote:
Tweed wrote:
Genuine question: why is there the need for an ISP provided SMTP server?
Don't all email...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) September 13th 16, 04:21 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 32
Posted By Jim Jackson
Phone Co-op

I'm thinking of moving my broadband to the Phonecoop, do they provide an
smtp server for outgoing email? I can't seem to find any details.

Jim
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 13th 07, 10:16 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 4
Posted By Jim Jackson
Easily broken mail forwarding...

Al wrote:
For sometime now I've been using easily.co.uk for registering domains
and forwarding email and web.

Me too. Have umpteen domains parked there with mail...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 12th 07, 01:03 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 4
Posted By Jim Jackson
Easily broken mail forwarding...

For sometime now I've been using easily.co.uk for registering domains and
forwarding email and web.

However it appears they have a global blacklist of words that cause
email to be rejected at...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 1st 07, 11:10 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 15
Posted By Jim Jackson
talktalk .. hg520s problem

Jim Crowther wrote:
In uk.telecom.broadband, on Wed, 31 Oct 2007 17:19:27, Jim Jackson
wrote:

Rather sillily I volunteered to get a friend's...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 31st 07, 10:40 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 15
Posted By Jim Jackson
talktalk .. hg520s problem

Eeyore wrote:
Rather sillily I volunteered to get a friend's taltalk connection setup.
She has bought a talktalk wireless wap/router (Huawei...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 31st 07, 10:36 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 15
Posted By Jim Jackson
talktalk .. hg520s problem

Full of Sugar wrote:

I can help you as i`ve had similar issues with my father in laws router..

Here`s some bits you need to do:-

(1). Change the MTU Value to 1400
(2)....
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 31st 07, 06:35 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 15
Posted By Jim Jackson
talktalk .. hg520s problem

tony h wrote:
Check the MTU setting on the router, possibly lower to 1492 or even 1400

I'll do that. As I posted I started wondering about MTU (grey cells fading
fast). Is this a...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 31st 07, 05:19 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 15
Posted By Jim Jackson
talktalk .. hg520s problem

Hi,

Rather sillily I volunteered to get a friend's taltalk connection setup.
She has bought a talktalk wireless wap/router (Huawei HG520s).

I _think_ I've got wireless and ADSL all setup ok.
The...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14