Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Java Jive
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 16th 18, 02:11 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 50
Posted By Java Jive
Windows 10 won't connect to WiFi on my Draytek router - why?

On 16/07/2018 13:47, Dick wrote:
On 16/07/2018 13:18, Java Jive wrote:
On 16/07/2018 12:27, Dick wrote:

Ergo, if the AP's have different SSIDs you can force a re-connection
to a...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 16th 18, 01:18 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 16/07/2018 12:27, Dick wrote:

Ergo, if the AP's have different SSIDs you can force a re-connection to
a stronger signal manually rather than the device hanging on to a weak
signal.

Ergo...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 15th 18, 07:47 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 2018-07-15 03:55, Dick wrote:

Its a very bad idea to use the same SSID for multiple wifi access
points....
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 15th 18, 07:44 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 50
Posted By Java Jive
Windows 10 won't connect to WiFi on my Draytek router - why?

On 15/07/2018 16:21, Woody wrote:

"Java Jive" wrote in message

IME, not so. I've set up a client with multiple access points all
broadcasting the same SSID, and...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 15th 18, 07:37 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 50
Posted By Java Jive
Windows 10 won't connect to WiFi on my Draytek router - why?

On 15/07/2018 15:18, Dick wrote:

Probably because the stream is being buffered you won't notice the drop
and re-connection. Try it using different SSIDs, it will give the same
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 15th 18, 01:09 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 50
Posted By Java Jive
Windows 10 won't connect to WiFi on my Draytek router - why?

On 15/07/2018 11:55, Dick wrote:
On 12/07/2018 18:19, Chris Green wrote:

Yes, quite, I've got them both the the same SSIDs but as you say it's
not very well defined what clients do if you...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 12th 18, 02:27 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 50
Posted By Java Jive
Windows 10 won't connect to WiFi on my Draytek router - why?

On 12/07/2018 14:12, Graham J wrote:
Graham J wrote:

[snip]

Add to item 5 - leave the W10 machine connected to the internet long
enough to get itself fully updated, this may take many...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 8th 18, 12:25 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 20
Posted By Java Jive
Plusnet call protect seems to help

On 06/07/2018 15:12, NY wrote:

JWs are particularly pernicious because they don't recognise a polite
"no thanks", nor a forceful "no", nor a blatant "please go away";
instead they try to...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 25th 18, 11:19 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 39
Posted By Java Jive
ROT - Multi-Input VoIP Autodialler, Where To Buy in UK?

On 25/06/2018 22:16, Graham J wrote:

Sadly Java Jive has posted here about more than one such business - he
seems to attract them!

Not really, it's just that I need the money, and am not too...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 25th 18, 09:34 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 39
Posted By Java Jive
ROT - Multi-Input VoIP Autodialler, Where To Buy in UK?

On 25/06/2018 21:25, Andy Burns wrote:
Java Jive wrote:

We have three cables carrying three ethernet subnets,

So long as you/he are aware you could have one VLAN capable switch at
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 25th 18, 09:21 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 39
Posted By Java Jive
ROT - Multi-Input VoIP Autodialler, Where To Buy in UK?

On 25/06/2018 12:40, Andy Burns wrote:
Java Jive wrote:

Graham J wrote:

a cheap network switch at each end of the cable connecting the
buildings could be regarded as sacrificial....
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 25th 18, 12:37 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 39
Posted By Java Jive
ROT - Multi-Input VoIP Autodialler, Where To Buy in UK?

On 24/06/2018 11:08, Andy Burns wrote:
On 23/06/2018 23:07, Java Jive wrote:

On 23/06/2018 21:57, Andy Burns wrote:

On 23/06/2018 21:46, Java Jive wrote:

we needed multiple...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 25th 18, 12:21 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 39
Posted By Java Jive
ROT - Multi-Input VoIP Autodialler, Where To Buy in UK?

On 25/06/2018 08:58, Graham J wrote:

Lightning can break almost anything

For the OP, a cheap network switch at each end of the cable connecting
the buildings could be regarded as...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 23rd 18, 11:07 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 39
Posted By Java Jive
ROT - Multi-Input VoIP Autodialler, Where To Buy in UK?

On 23/06/2018 21:57, Andy Burns wrote:

On 23/06/2018 21:46, Java Jive wrote:

we needed multiple cables between the buildings, to connect the public
WiFi, bar tills and credit card...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 23rd 18, 09:46 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 39
Posted By Java Jive
ROT - Multi-Input VoIP Autodialler, Where To Buy in UK?

On 23/06/2018 20:07, Stephen wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jun 2018 13:05:55 +0100, Java Jive
wrote:

I'm now coming round to this idea because further exploration of the BT
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 22nd 18, 01:05 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 39
Posted By Java Jive
ROT - Multi-Input VoIP Autodialler, Where To Buy in UK?

On 22/06/2018 10:48, Bob Eager wrote:

There's this:

http://cpc.farnell.com/unbranded/adq64/cable-economiser-4-way-rj45-rj11/
dp/CS18887

Thanks Bob, that looks ideal!

I'm now coming...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 22nd 18, 09:32 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 39
Posted By Java Jive
ROT - Multi-Input VoIP Autodialler, Where To Buy in UK?

On 22/06/2018 08:44, Chris Bartram wrote:

If there's a spare run of CAT6 between the buildings, could you not just
use a pair in it to extend the phone line that is being retained, and
save...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 18th 18, 01:31 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 39
Posted By Java Jive
ROT - Multi-Input VoIP Autodialler, Where To Buy in UK?

On 18/06/2018 02:03, Graham. wrote:

R Mark Clayton wrote:

So how quickly could you get a spare DSL line into operation, if you don't have one permanently (e.g. Virgin Cable and BT)?

Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 16th 18, 06:40 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 39
Posted By Java Jive
ROT - Multi-Input VoIP Autodialler, Where To Buy in UK?

On 16/06/2018 13:39, Java Jive wrote:

However, does anybody have any first-hand experience of these:

Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 16th 18, 05:54 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 39
Posted By Java Jive
ROT - Multi-Input VoIP Autodialler, Where To Buy in UK?

On 16/06/2018 15:44, Woody wrote:

Have a dig around Charles and find a block with angled sockets

Never really thought much of those, but I suppose where space is a
constraint yet wall-warts...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 16th 18, 05:21 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 39
Posted By Java Jive
ROT - Multi-Input VoIP Autodialler, Where To Buy in UK?

On 16/06/2018 14:49, Indy Jess John wrote:

Not that exact one, but I do have a Masterplug 4-way switched without
surge protection, like this one
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 16th 18, 01:39 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 39
Posted By Java Jive
ROT - Multi-Input VoIP Autodialler, Where To Buy in UK?

Thanks to both respondents for your most helpful comments ...

On 15/06/2018 18:27, Woody wrote:

I would note that you do not need to have a specific VoIP autodialler,
just a conventional...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 15th 18, 03:20 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 39
Posted By Java Jive
ROT - Multi-Input VoIP Autodialler, Where To Buy in UK?

As per title, I have a legacy client with three alarm systems, two fire
and one intruder, and, now that I have set up a VoIP BT Cloud Phone
system for him, he wishes to reduce the number of...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 23rd 18, 09:24 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 8
Posted By Java Jive
Hammond to pledge superfast broadband for most homes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44215833

However ...

"But consumer advice website Thinkbroadband told the BBC the government
was unlikely to reach its goal.

The telecoms industry has already...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 15th 18, 05:30 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 58
Posted By Java Jive
Average broadband rates near 50Mbps in UK

On 15/05/2018 15:31, Andy Burns wrote:
Java Jive wrote:

I understand your frustration (I used to be on a ****ty unreliable 2Mbps
ADSL connection) but I doubt the costs are directly...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100