Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Peter Corlett
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 17th 05, 03:13 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 26
Posted By Peter Corlett
Sipgate Down

*fishes your post out of the sin bin*

wrote:
[...]
And there is no requirement that I am aware of to have an higher's
degree in English David .

My highest...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 16th 05, 01:34 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 26
Posted By Peter Corlett
Sipgate Down

David Floyd wrote:
[...]
This newsgroup is about VoIP (and proper usenet etiquette) NOT
English,

Is writing clearly and legibly not part of etiquette?

as long as we can...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 14th 05, 12:44 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 3
Posted By Peter Corlett
18866 VoIP 15p/min to UK Mobiles

Joe wrote:
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote:
On testing 18866 VoIP with my Sipgate number as a log in, I noticed
that calls to mobiles are 15p/min!
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 10th 05, 12:56 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 40
Posted By Peter Corlett
What am I failing to "get" about VOIP??

Carl Waring wrote:
Tim Morley wrote:
Plus Telewest will now be ronding call costs up to the next penny !
Haven't BT been doing this for years?

Nope.

When BT...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 10th 05, 12:43 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 40
Posted By Peter Corlett
What am I failing to "get" about VOIP??

The Cable Guy wrote:
[...]
I spent some time working for Telewest's contemporary - NTL. They
had no concept of the effects certain decisions had upon the
feelings of the...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 10th 05, 12:43 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 40
Posted By Peter Corlett
What am I failing to "get" about VOIP??

The Cable Guy wrote:
"Peter Corlett" wrote:
[...]
* Only a single dynamic IP available, with generic rDNS.
Isn't this easily overcome with...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 9th 05, 03:30 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 40
Posted By Peter Corlett
What am I failing to "get" about VOIP??

The Cable Guy wrote:
"Peter Corlett" wrote:
[...]
There is the small detail that Telewest's broadband offering around
here is not suitable...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 9th 05, 01:43 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 40
Posted By Peter Corlett
What am I failing to "get" about VOIP??

Ivor Jones wrote:
"Peter Corlett" wrote:
[...]
Except that if I tell BT where to stick their telephone service, I
no longer have...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 9th 05, 01:00 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 40
Posted By Peter Corlett
What am I failing to "get" about VOIP??

Dave Gill wrote:
[...]
With BT and the cablecos a good wedge of your £10.50 is dead-money,
unless you make all your calls at the weekend. With VoIP that...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) May 11th 05, 04:51 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter Corlett
Blueyonder carry this newsgroup now!

David Mahon wrote:
Peter Corlett writes
[...]
Have you any idea of the cost of providing a news service, or do
you seriously think that lots...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) May 11th 05, 03:42 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter Corlett
Blueyonder carry this newsgroup now!

wrote:
[...]
But I am still narked at being forced to buy a separate news service
I do think that All isp's should provide all groups after all BB
connections are not...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 25th 05, 12:48 PM Posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter Corlett
Telewest - pricing for new customers vs. Exisiting

Jethro wrote:
living in Birmingham, using TW basic/starter package for
1) Talk unlimited,
2) starter cable TV package
3) basic 128Kb Broadband (upgraded from...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 18th 05, 10:35 AM Posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 8
Posted By Peter Corlett
BT Broadband Voice made cheaper

Flying Rat wrote:
[...]
Been trying this out which makes the BT offering look a little poor
http://voipbuster.com/

VoipBuster don't provide you with an ATA, just a closed...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 29th 04, 11:49 AM Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Replies: 73
Posted By Peter Corlett
NTL or BT

Richard Faulkner wrote:
[...]
However, my other half originally had BT, then switched to NTL
because BT were crap, and she is now switching back to BT because
NTL...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 28th 04, 09:05 PM Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Replies: 73
Posted By Peter Corlett
NTL or BT

Dave wrote:
[...]
ADSL means you have to log in everytime you start your computer,
with NTL's cable-modem service you don't ever need to a 'logging-in'
procedure. As long as...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 22nd 04, 12:40 PM Posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 9
Posted By Peter Corlett
Calling cards & FWD

John Smith wrote:
[...]
I was looking for a *web* site so I did a Google *web* search.

Congratulations, you've just won the "missing the point" award for
today.

--
PGP key ID...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 22nd 04, 10:17 AM Posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband

John Smith wrote:
[...]
No, I was looking for the website, not a usenet post.

So you're artificially limiting where you perform your research
because it's not in the same medium...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 5th 04, 10:17 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Replies: 9
Posted By Peter Corlett
Broadband and LUS

sean -k wrote:
Iíve had ADSL on a LUS line for 3-4 months

Presumably not BT Broadband Basic though?

You've probably just got lucky with a race condition...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 1st 04, 01:15 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Replies: 9
Posted By Peter Corlett
Broadband and LUS

Phil Thompson wrote:
[...]
"**By direct debit. Otherwise add £1. Customers on the Light User
Scheme and BT In-Contact Plus customers will not receive the Whole
Bill...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 12th 04, 12:13 PM Posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 5
Posted By Peter Corlett
BT "plans to deliver TV down phone lines"...

Mike Cawood, HND BIT wrote:
[...]
Might reduce our dependence on Sky.

Somewhat unlikely, at least in the short to medium term.

Having lots of bandwidth capable of sending video...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20