Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.28 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tiscali Tim
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 27th 06, 12:51 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 22
Posted By Tiscali Tim
How to send mail from Outlook while overseas (receipt is fine)

Peter M wrote:

Tiscali Tim wrote:

So I suppose my question becomes "How do I GET myself invited?"

Well, I've seen...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 26th 06, 07:27 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 22
Posted By Tiscali Tim
How to send mail from Outlook while overseas (receipt is fine)

Peter M wrote:

Tiscali Tim wrote:

I'm not clear where to look for these "hundreds" of invitations?

Below the list...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 26th 06, 04:27 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 22
Posted By Tiscali Tim
How to send mail from Outlook while overseas (receipt is fine)

Tiny Tim wrote:

And it seems membership is still by invitation only. How quaint!
Details here......

Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 23rd 06, 12:06 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 5
Posted By Tiscali Tim
Plusnet Email

Gareth wrote:

Hi, just received an email this morning from Plusnet stating that
from April I may be able to get upto...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 22nd 06, 02:22 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 40
Posted By Tiscali Tim
Driven Mad by Wireless Mystery

Peter M wrote:

Tiscali Tim wrote:

Far safer in my view to disable DHCP, and give each computer a
fixed IP...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 22nd 06, 02:20 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 40
Posted By Tiscali Tim
Driven Mad by Wireless Mystery

Ken Reply to NG only wrote:

Its reporting as connected usually 'Excellent' and 54 mbps. But often
searching endlessly 'acquiring network...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 22nd 06, 11:30 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 40
Posted By Tiscali Tim
Driven Mad by Wireless Mystery

Ken Reply to NG only wrote:

For around a year I have enjoyed wireless BB connection until just
before Christmas when my Belkin router had a...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 21st 06, 06:28 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 5
Posted By Tiscali Tim
Wierd ADSL problem

BristolRenter wrote:

Hello -

I've just signed up with Demon for ADSL over a BT line. Demon Tech
Support aren't...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 17th 06, 05:01 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 13
Posted By Tiscali Tim
modem- router replacement Advice

Zyxel routers are worth a look too.

I would second that. I bought a (non-wireless) Zyxel router as a...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 17th 06, 03:04 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 13
Posted By Tiscali Tim
modem- router replacement Advice

James Perrett wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 14:28:49 +0000, Peter M
wrote:
I'm a happy...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 16th 06, 10:33 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 13
Posted By Tiscali Tim
modem- router replacement Advice

Peter M wrote:

Tiscali Tim wrote:

You need to bin the USB modem,

hmmm, unplug and keep on the shelf maybe, in case...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 16th 06, 02:22 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 13
Posted By Tiscali Tim
modem- router replacement Advice

Martin @REMOVETHIS.plus.com Martin @REMOVETHIS.plus.com wrote:

I need advise
I'm thinking of purchasing a wireless modem-router to...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 15th 06, 09:12 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile
Replies: 11
Posted By Tiscali Tim
LAN WLAN problems - Draytek Vigor

Chris wrote:

Hi,

I have a Draytek Vigor 2500VG, over a DSL connection. (bridged over a
modem)

Here's my problem:
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 14th 06, 04:57 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 17
Posted By Tiscali Tim
A very important IF.

John DH wrote:

I would be grateful if anyone else here would
double check my work as well. Let me know how it all goes. John DH

Looks...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 13th 06, 11:50 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 10
Posted By Tiscali Tim
ADSL speeds

Adrian wrote:

Grumps wrote:
Hi All

For a 2Meg connection, what upstream and downstream rates should the
modem...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 10th 06, 10:13 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 17
Posted By Tiscali Tim
general question about broadband and dial up

Maurice Batey wrote:

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 20:50:26 +0000, Tiscali Tim wrote:

If you want to use one
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 10th 06, 02:19 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 17
Posted By Tiscali Tim
general question about broadband and dial up

The Reid wrote:

Following up to Tiscali Tim

Its just struck me that my news comes from
news.international.net,...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 10th 06, 11:36 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 17
Posted By Tiscali Tim
general question about broadband and dial up

The Reid wrote:

Following up to kraftee

It is completely different, NTL offer their services down their own
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 9th 06, 10:37 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 25
Posted By Tiscali Tim
What is this "loss of sync", and do I have it?

bill wrote:

Hugo Nebula wrote:

It's a LLU line; BT say it'll only get 512kbps, my ISP claim I...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 8th 06, 08:50 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 17
Posted By Tiscali Tim
general question about broadband and dial up

The Reid wrote:

Following up to Tiscali Tim

Are you saying that, in order to upload information to your
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 8th 06, 06:43 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 25
Posted By Tiscali Tim
What is this "loss of sync", and do I have it?

Hugo Nebula [email protected] wrote:

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 14:28:40 -0000, a particular chimpanzee named
"Tiscali Tim" randomly...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 8th 06, 02:28 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 25
Posted By Tiscali Tim
What is this "loss of sync", and do I have it?

Hugo Nebula [email protected] wrote:

My bb connection over the past couple of days has been very 'flakey'.
Not a technical term, I know, but the...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 6th 06, 05:38 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 17
Posted By Tiscali Tim
general question about broadband and dial up

The Reid wrote:

I don't know much about how broadband works. I currently have
dial up with NTL (unmetered) and my...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 6th 06, 12:17 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 9
Posted By Tiscali Tim
firewall query

what about removing the default gateway entry on the pc's you dont
want on the net.

That should do it...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 5th 06, 03:08 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 9
Posted By Tiscali Tim
firewall query

Cuprager wrote:

Hi all,

I look after a small businesses LAN that consists of 8 machines at the
moment (all win2k...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100