Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.41 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Graham J[_2_]
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 5th 18, 06:26 PM Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 201
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Mobile faster than wi-fi in many countries

NY wrote:
"Carlos E.R." wrote in message
Anyway, while the laptop is writing huge files to somewhere else
(assuming it...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 30th 18, 06:15 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

MissRiaElaine wrote:

[snip]

As an Englishwoman who now lives in Scotland, my personal preference is
for Scotland to remain in the UK but for the UK to leave the EU. That is
what was voted...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 28th 18, 02:11 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Tue, 27 Nov 2018 09:46:23 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

In my case, three identical mobile phones

As contactless transactions?

Well,...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 25th 18, 02:05 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

Chris wrote:

[snip]

Even in the early days it would have been possible for an ATM to take a
photo of the person taking the cash; and today it would be trivial: but
so far as I know it's...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 25th 18, 01:48 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

Andy Burns wrote:
Graham J wrote:

the 4-digit PIN is still encoded on the card itself
Are you sure?

Before chip-n-PIN what was stored on the magstripe wasn't the PIN
itself, but an...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 25th 18, 09:45 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

Rodney Pont wrote:
On Sat, 24 Nov 2018 17:35:32 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

Rodney Pont wrote:

Chris wrote:

Has anyone ever been defrauded via pocket skimming?

How would...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 24th 18, 10:19 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

bert wrote:

[snip]

Which is why, despite all efforts, the NHS is still the world's
largest purchaser of fax machines.

I don't visit hospitals* very often but recently as I sat in...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 23rd 18, 04:37 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 235
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
SOT - RBS customer lost thousands of pounds in scam

NY wrote:
"Chris Green" wrote in message
e.g. sending money to someone in the USA, especially as
their banks are often still back in...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 20th 18, 09:20 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 44
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Extending FTTC from a master socket

MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 19/11/2018 20:59, Woody wrote:

I have a 5m length of flat CAT5e which is 6mm wide and 1mm thick to
link two adjacent bedrooms. It works a treat on a gigabit...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 18th 18, 10:48 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 17
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
WiFi conundrum - what's this MAC address from?

Chris Green wrote:

[snip]

My 2860n shows the IP address of relating to each MAC address in the
"Station List" - can yours do that? (General tab?)

Ah, but the entries in the "station...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 18th 18, 08:33 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 17
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
WiFi conundrum - what's this MAC address from?

Chris Green wrote:
I have a Draytek 2860n as my main (VDSL) router and an old 2820n being
used as a wireless access point to extend coverage as we have a large
house. The 2820n has its WANs...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 18th 18, 12:32 PM Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 54
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
5G will let users ditch fixed-line home broadband, says Three

Java Jive wrote:
On 18/11/2018 00:49, Chris in Makati wrote:
On Sat, 17 Nov 2018 09:31:59 +0000, Java Jive
wrote:

On 17/11/2018 04:15, Chris in Makati...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 17th 18, 10:49 AM Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 54
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
5G will let users ditch fixed-line home broadband, says Three

Java Jive wrote:
On 17/11/2018 04:15, Chris in Makati wrote:

Providing mobile coverage to absolutely everyone is never going to
happen, nor should it be necessary to do so. In some areas...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 8th 18, 10:22 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 33
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Plusnet regrade from ADSL to FTTC

Andy Burns wrote:
Graham J wrote:

I log in.* The welcome page has a link to "My bills". Click it. A page
shows "Bills and payments".

On the home page it it claims my next bill is...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 8th 18, 09:08 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 33
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Plusnet regrade from ADSL to FTTC

Clive Page wrote:
On 07/11/2018 07:35, Mark Carver wrote:
Or join the community forum. Be polite with your posting and someone
from PN helpful contacts you on or 'off' list in an hour or so....
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 7th 18, 11:43 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 33
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
PING BOB PULLEN was Plusnet regrade from ADSL to FTTC

Plusnet Support Team wrote:
On 06/11/2018 21:23, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 06/11/2018 18:23, Graham J wrote:

Is this par for the course for Plusnet?

If you're lucky Bob Pullen will...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 7th 18, 01:07 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 33
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Plusnet regrade from ADSL to FTTC

Graham J wrote:
My neighbour Tony has ADSL from Plusnet.* Last Tuesday Tony ordered -
via the Plusnet Member Centre - an upgrade to FTTC.* He received an
acknowlegement email Sent: Tuesday,...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 7th 18, 09:11 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 33
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Plusnet regrade from ADSL to FTTC

Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Wed, 7 Nov 2018 00:13:54 +0000 (UTC), Alfred
wrote:

BTW the configurability of the plusnet router is awful and cannot be used
as a...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 7th 18, 08:36 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 33
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Plusnet regrade from ADSL to FTTC

Alfred wrote:

[snip]

BTW the configurability of the plusnet router is awful and cannot be used
as a modem only, so I had to buy an Openreach modem to be able to use
my OpenWrt router.
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 7th 18, 08:33 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 33
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Plusnet regrade from ADSL to FTTC

Flyi�g �u� 2��8 + on desktop wrote:

[snip]

Is this par for the course for Plusnet?

I've been waiting for it here from December 2012. That's when our
cabinet was due to be...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 6th 18, 07:23 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 33
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Plusnet regrade from ADSL to FTTC

My neighbour Tony has ADSL from Plusnet. Last Tuesday Tony ordered -
via the Plusnet Member Centre - an upgrade to FTTC. He received an
acknowlegement email Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 3:40...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 6th 18, 07:12 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 15
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Vigor V2860 WAN2 to modem to Plusnet

www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
On 04/11/2018 12:02, Graham J wrote:
Configuration is:

Vigor 2860
WAN1 connected to VDSL service from Zen Internet
WAN2 connected to modem to ADSL service...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 6th 18, 05:28 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 15
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Vigor V2860 WAN2 to modem to Plusnet

Java Jive wrote:
On 04/11/2018 20:37, Graham J wrote:

To summarise, the same modem connected to the V2860 WAN2 port works
when connected to Zen, but not when connected to Plusnet.* By...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 4th 18, 09:37 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Java Jive wrote:
On 04/11/2018 12:02, Graham J wrote:
Configuration is:

Vigor 2860
WAN1 connected to VDSL service from Zen Internet
WAN2 connected to modem to ADSL service from...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 4th 18, 09:22 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 15
Posted By Graham J[_2_]
Vigor V2860 WAN2 to modem to Plusnet

grinch wrote:
On 04/11/2018 15:45, Graham J wrote:
grinch wrote:
On 04/11/2018 13:13, Alfred wrote:
Vigor 2830

Once/if* you have fix/ed the above you then have the issue of...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100