Showing results 1 to 25 of 45
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Peter Corlett
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 31st 06, 10:55 AM Posted to uk.telecom,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 21
Posted By Peter Corlett
TalkTalk

Joe Lee [email protected] wrote:
"Simon Ough" wrote:
[...]
All I will say is - wait until 1st June - there will be a new entrant to
the free BB market...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) April 24th 06, 11:03 AM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 24
Posted By Peter Corlett
skype broadband usage?

Andy Furniss wrote:
[...]
Assuming that's at IP level and 50 pps then it will use 106kbit on a dsl
line. I am not saying you will be charged at that rate - I...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) February 23rd 06, 04:01 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 60
Posted By Peter Corlett
End to End IP QoS for voice, video and Xbox Live

wrote:
(Peter Corlett) wrote:
Lager is so much more expensive than bitter, so somebody must be raking
it in by ripping off the...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 23rd 06, 04:01 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 56

wrote:
(Peter Corlett) wrote:
Lager is so much more expensive than bitter, so somebody must be raking
it in by ripping off the...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) February 22nd 06, 08:43 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 60
Posted By Peter Corlett
End to End IP QoS for voice, video and Xbox Live

Mark McIntyre wrote:
[...]
Presumably you all sit around in the pub muttering into your larger about
it...

Lager is so much more expensive than bitter, so somebody...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 22nd 06, 08:43 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 56
Posted By Peter Corlett
End to End IP QoS for voice, video and Xbox Live

Mark McIntyre wrote:
[...]
Presumably you all sit around in the pub muttering into your larger about
it...

Lager is so much more expensive than bitter, so somebody...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 17th 06, 12:29 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 20
Posted By Peter Corlett
Why should I have to do it?

Reg Edwards g4fgq,[email protected],com wrote:
[...]
Why should I have to purchase, install and learn how to use anti-spam,
anti-virus, anti-spyware and other anti-software,

Oh, that's easy....
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) February 16th 06, 12:29 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 60
Posted By Peter Corlett
End to End IP QoS for voice, video and Xbox Live

Paul Cupis wrote:
[...]
Interconnect fees between ISPs? Oh, good, we can go backwards 20 years.

And exactly how do you think it works now?

--
There may be some doubt as to who...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) February 14th 06, 02:09 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 60
Posted By Peter Corlett
End to End IP QoS for voice, video and Xbox Live

Hiro wrote:
[...]
prioritizing one traffic stream over another is inevitable and
desirable

The Internet2 guys have spent some time doing research into QoS and the...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) February 13th 06, 06:04 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter Corlett
Which SIP gateway?

Martin Lukasik wrote:
I am considering buying some "big buddy", which can do minimum 400-500
concurrent calls. And I wonder... would it be better to buy...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) February 12th 06, 09:51 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 21
Posted By Peter Corlett
sipgate

wrote:
grumble gripe sipgate blah.

How did you sneak out of my killfile? I see you've not changed any.

Re-plonk, then.

--
An autobiography is an obituary in serial...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) February 1st 06, 04:43 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip

Rob Nicholson wrote:
[...]
Yes true - pretty high on the wishlist. But isn't that a feature of
the PBX not the phone? Doesn't it stop sending the...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) February 1st 06, 01:03 AM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 43
Posted By Peter Corlett
Cheapest VOIP service for 0870 /0845 numbers please

Peter M wrote:
[...]
Wrong. It depends on your account, and whether you are on a discount
scheme such as BT Together, or similar from other telecom...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) January 30th 06, 03:53 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 43
Posted By Peter Corlett
Cheapest VOIP service for 0870 /0845 numbers please

Paul Hayes wrote:
[...]
Well, apologies if it gets posted all the time, I've not seen it on
here before. I fail to see how it is spam though, it's just a free
to use database...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) January 30th 06, 01:56 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 43
Posted By Peter Corlett
Cheapest VOIP service for 0870 /0845 numbers please

Paul Hayes wrote:
http://www.spam0870spam.co.uk/search.php

What would I do without that URL being posted all over Usenet every 30
seconds?

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) January 19th 06, 05:17 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip

Tim Clark wrote:
[...]
Oops, sorry - a mistype. It should say "S****horpe (01724)". I blame
it on the use of PDF by BT in their document, which makes cutting
and...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) January 19th 06, 03:20 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter Corlett
Tesco to offer VOIP service

Doz wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:01:03 +0000, Doz wrote:
[...]
See the news he
http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2005/dec/1245962.htm Or on the BBC
news website.
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) January 16th 06, 01:13 AM Posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.mobile
Replies: 19
Posted By Peter Corlett
Cheap UK mobile?

Ivor Jones wrote:
[...]
But if you're out, I can't..! I am penalised if I need to speak to
you urgently, that's what's wrong, don't you see..?

If *you* have the need,...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 15th 06, 09:45 PM Posted to uk.legal,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 26
Posted By Peter Corlett
How can Tiscali advertise like this?

Graham Murray wrote:
[...]
Probably like many companies they wish that people would forget the
original meaning of their acronym. Like City of London
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) January 15th 06, 06:55 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 3
Posted By Peter Corlett
001 723 001 200

Martin² wrote:
That's what I was afraid of: the telemarketing bums calling via VoIP
at virtually no cost !

They may not have known it was delivered over VoIP and called the...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) January 15th 06, 06:52 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter Corlett
Those 0844 numbers and voip rates

DMac wrote:
If it is possible to call a UK mobile from a BT phone for 1p / min
(with the 5p minimun charge) via an 0844 dialthrough - and assuming
the company doing it is...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) January 15th 06, 06:45 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 21
Posted By Peter Corlett
How do they do it?

Ivor Jones wrote:
[...]
Another advantage of a server-based system is that it will take
calls if your local equipment is offline. An answering machine is no
use to you...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) January 9th 06, 11:01 AM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 3
Posted By Peter Corlett
Draytek Vigor 2900

Thomas Kenyon wrote:
[...]
But don't forget, If you have any registered G.729 licenses, then
they will become invalid (and need reregistering (which can only be
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) July 21st 05, 10:44 AM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 19
Posted By Peter Corlett
Outgoing caller-id

r_mervart wrote:
[...]
Are you saying that it is not a standard function of the VoIP calls
to include caller id ? If so then it is yet another limitation of
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) July 19th 05, 11:29 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter Corlett
Fax and VoIP

Al wrote:
There's been some discussion here about sending fax through VoIP
telephone adaptors. The consensus view seems to be that this can be
hit and miss, so pretty...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 45