Showing results 1 to 25 of 34
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jon Parker
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 29th 08, 08:52 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 26
Posted By Jon Parker
Cable Broadband Supplier (Not Virgin)

In article 02062172-7c3c-4cb2-a4f2-9efd8156c1f7
@d45g2000hsc.googlegroups.com, says...
My next door neighbour has lost his cable broadband with Virgin, it's
been off for over...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 22nd 08, 10:16 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 13
Posted By Jon Parker
DACS on the line

In article ,
says...
After waiting for Plusnet to clear Direct Debit mandates etc, and then
instruct BT (nearly a month from order) they...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 21st 08, 09:10 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 3
Posted By Jon Parker
Orange Livebox

In article , [email protected]
man.co.uk says...
I'm thinking of switching to Orange and using their Livebox. Trouble
is it only has 2 ethernet ports and my...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 17th 08, 07:21 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 10
Posted By Jon Parker
Create A LAN from a WAN

In article ,
says...
Is it a no wonder that newsgroups are getting less and less popular

Got a source for that rather massive peice...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) May 3rd 05, 10:46 AM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 11
Posted By Jon Parker
Everything in one box

declared for all the world to hear...
Good grief, not that it matters much to me what you think but have you any
idea how many IP addresses are in the 217 range?

Yes lots, thats...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) May 2nd 05, 09:03 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 11
Posted By Jon Parker
Everything in one box

declared for all the world to hear...
Looks like spam to me.

nntp posting host: 217.134.2.14
wiselan.com = 217.10.138.238

Co-incidence or spam? You decide!
--
Regards
Jon

declared for all the world to hear...
snip

Will you please **** off. (from uk.t.m anyway)

--
Regards
Jon

declared for all the world to hear...
I have set up the printer up as a shared printer. I have loaded the
drivers for the printer, as if the printer was attached...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 30th 05, 02:21 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile
Replies: 37
Posted By Jon Parker
Blair is a lying sack of Sh1te

declared for all the world to hear...
snip politics

I respectfully disgaree, however these groups are not thie right place.
So kindly skidaddle and don't come back unless you...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) April 29th 05, 10:12 AM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 3
Posted By Jon Parker
Wireless networking newbie

declared for all the world to hear...
I am just about to go broadband on a wireless network. I've ordered the
necessary card for my Mac and the modem router. The laptop...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) April 28th 05, 09:29 AM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 1
Posted By Jon Parker
Wireless router & ADSL modem

Paul D tony_nospam_ @highbury_spam_no_no.com declared for all the
world to hear...
Hi

I am considering buying the Netgear DG834G Wireless ADSL Modem and
Router as recommended in a previus...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) April 28th 05, 09:24 AM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 3
Posted By Jon Parker
Home networking with Wanadoo

Paul D tony_nospam_ @highbury_spam_no_no.com declared for all the
world to hear...
On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:51:37 +0100, Jon Parker
wrote:

Paul D tony_nospam_...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) April 27th 05, 09:51 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 3
Posted By Jon Parker
Home networking with Wanadoo

Paul D tony_nospam_ @highbury_spam_no_no.com declared for all the
world to hear...
I have a PC, running Win ME, with a LAN Card connected to the Wanadoo
box via an ethernet cable.

I have...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 22nd 05, 10:10 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 2
Posted By Jon Parker
Netgear router - not internet connection

declared for all the world to hear...
Why would you expect an "Internet gateway icon". The Netgear is acting
as a router, and is simply "on the LAN" as far as the PC is...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) April 22nd 05, 10:04 AM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 9
Posted By Jon Parker
Gaining access to workplace network

declared for all the world to hear...
Cheers. I suspected as much. I did also try VNC the other way around,
I.e. for the wifes machine to connect to me but it didn't work. I...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) April 22nd 05, 10:01 AM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 9
Posted By Jon Parker
Gaining access to workplace network

declared for all the world to hear...
Please tell me that someone is looking after their backups.

The only thing they backup is the accounts which are produced by Sage.
That goes...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) April 22nd 05, 09:59 AM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 9
Posted By Jon Parker
Gaining access to workplace network

declared for all the world to hear...
"I have been in the store cupboard we have three boxes with flashing
lights!!

Efficient Networks

You need to know who...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) April 22nd 05, 09:56 AM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 16
Posted By Jon Parker
DMZ and stuff

"Christo" [email protected] no spamming juststuff.co.uk declared for all the
world to hear...
yeah I gave him a copy zone alarm 4.5 before hand, please give me a bit more
credit than that i am not that...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) April 21st 05, 10:33 AM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 9
Posted By Jon Parker
Gaining access to workplace network

declared for all the world to hear...
Efficient Networks
Netscreen 5XP

Juniper Networks is the manufacturer, it's a firewall device. If you
want to set up VNC you will...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 20th 05, 09:07 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 7
Posted By Jon Parker
confusing taskbar icon

declared for all the world to hear...
Yes folks, it does say local area connection. Doh. Does this mean that
having 2meg broadband is a waste of time? The belkin router...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 20th 05, 02:11 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 7
Posted By Jon Parker
confusing taskbar icon

declared for all the world to hear...
Any non-technical answer would be gratefully received.

That speed is telling you the speed of the LAN between your PC and your
router,...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) April 20th 05, 11:56 AM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 27
Posted By Jon Parker
New Netgear DG834/DG834G Beta released (v.2.10.17)

declared for all the world to hear...
Fair enough. But a DG824M is not a DG834G. So what is the relevance?

In retrospect, there is no relevance. However I was responding to...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 20th 05, 11:56 AM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 29
Posted By Jon Parker
New Netgear DG834/DG834G Beta released (v.2.10.17)

declared for all the world to hear...
Fair enough. But a DG824M is not a DG834G. So what is the relevance?

In retrospect, there is no relevance. However I was responding to...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) April 20th 05, 11:51 AM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 9
Posted By Jon Parker
Gaining access to workplace network

Hi all,

Any help appreciated.

My wifes office has a small network installed by a company who have now
gone bust and as such are not able to support them.

I have a very limited knowledge of...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) April 20th 05, 11:18 AM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 27
Posted By Jon Parker
New Netgear DG834/DG834G Beta released (v.2.10.17)

declared for all the world to hear...
Jon Parker wrote:
:
: If you upgrade the router is flashed and completely wiped.
:
: ...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 34