Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: TheOldFellow
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 27th 09, 05:23 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 32
Posted By TheOldFellow
Those BT B*STARDS!

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 15:22:40 +0000 (UTC)
Bassplus wrote:

Well BT have been round not thanks to those plusnet muppets. But the
*******s have said the problem is my wiring and...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 23rd 09, 06:36 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 16
Posted By TheOldFellow
Change provider - keep e mail address?

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 15:43:27 +0100
"J B" wrote:

A mate of mine wants to change from Virgin to Talk Talk to make use of their
'free' broadband.
He'd like to keep his...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 23rd 09, 08:17 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 1
Posted By TheOldFellow
STILL NO MAC from Plusnet

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 08:07:18 +0100
Bassplus wrote:

I feel a MAC post coming on..

Luckily we have watchdogs to protect us from vultures like Plusnet.

I wonder what the...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 15th 09, 02:42 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 9
Posted By TheOldFellow
Yesterday's extra hot vindaloo

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 11:48:34 +0000 (UTC)
"Mikey" wrote:

I've just been for a **** and now my arsehole is spasming and gaping.

What should I do?

Go to Switzerland. There's a clinic there...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 28th 09, 11:45 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 25
Posted By TheOldFellow
Idnet offer ADSL2+ at same price as Max

On Thu, 28 May 2009 07:28:17 +0100
Nick wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

The question in my mind is was it all Entanet's fault or were BT also to
blame?

In my experience BT are always...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 28th 09, 11:41 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 9
Posted By TheOldFellow
Best router?

On Wed, 27 May 2009 19:50:15 +0100
"Woody" wrote:

"bornfree" wrote in message
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 6th 09, 01:09 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 4
Posted By TheOldFellow
Plusnet don't want my business :(

Plusnet's website says that I could only expect 0.5mb on my line, but
I'm getting 4.7mb with Freedom2Surf (Titscally). The BT line isn't
LLUed (Bassenthwaite Lake isn't LLUed at all).

What gives? ...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 14th 09, 07:23 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 4
Posted By TheOldFellow
Weird Websites Wonky

On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 16:35:57 +0000
Plusnet Support Team wrote:

TheOldFellow wrote:
Can anyone suggest what else to try?

You could try tweaking your MTU/RWIN...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 14th 09, 03:14 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 4
Posted By TheOldFellow
Weird Websites Wonky

Some time back I asked for help with www.adobe.com, which I can't
access. I can ping it, and it gives the right IP. But I can't get
Firefox or Opera to access it, it just times out. The dns...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 25th 09, 01:18 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 6
Posted By TheOldFellow
OT Links on Speedtest sites etc

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 09:53:31 -0000
"David" wrote:

When one goes to a Speedtest site or site to do with computers allsorts of
Links jump out at you, such as Speed up your...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 28th 08, 11:41 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 11
Posted By TheOldFellow
Webmail recommendation please

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 09:28:37 -0000
"Graham J" wrote:

What's a good recommendation for a webmail service please?

Priorities:

1) easy to use
2) minimal delay in...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 10th 08, 01:30 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 22
Posted By TheOldFellow
Email limits.

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:54:23 +0000
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:
On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 20:38:53 UTC, "George Weston"

Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) September 20th 08, 08:23 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 11
Posted By TheOldFellow
Improved the modem connection, but the download speed sucks.

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 19:48:34 +0100
TheOldFellow wrote:

Well, in the end I bit the bullet and moved the router next to the
NTE5a with filtered faceplate. I ran a cat5e...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) September 20th 08, 07:48 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 11
Posted By TheOldFellow
Improved the modem connection, but the download speed sucks.

Well, in the end I bit the bullet and moved the router next to the
NTE5a with filtered faceplate. I ran a cat5e from the router 30 metres
to my system. Result: Modem now connects at 5056/448...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) September 18th 08, 07:43 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 5
Posted By TheOldFellow
Creeping upgrades

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 18:36:07 +0100
TheOldFellow wrote:

My router keeps reporting an increased line rate. Every few days the
rate is better.
I've had the line for 3...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) September 18th 08, 08:45 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 5
Posted By TheOldFellow
Creeping upgrades

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 20:02:50 +0100

Ato_Zee wrote:
My router keeps reporting an increased line rate. Every few days the
rate is better.

If...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) September 18th 08, 08:41 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 5
Posted By TheOldFellow
Creeping upgrades

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 18:07:17 GMT
"Ato_Zee" wrote:

My router keeps reporting an increased line rate. Every few days the
rate is better.

If it has been running...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) September 17th 08, 06:36 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 5
Posted By TheOldFellow
Creeping upgrades

My router keeps reporting an increased line rate. Every few days the
rate is better.
I've had the line for 3 years, it's always synced at between 1200 and
1600 downstream with an Noise Margin of...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 8th 08, 03:25 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 26
Posted By TheOldFellow
Who does my colleagues broadband?

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 13:05:39 +0100
"=- \\/\\/ayne =-" wrote:

"naza" wrote in message
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 13th 08, 11:02 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 34
Posted By TheOldFellow
Recommendation please for ISP on a 12 month contract..

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 14:20:48 +0100
Steve Olive wrote:

Hi all.

I have an ageing friend who requires broadband for the first time. My
normal recommendations of...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 22nd 08, 10:23 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 13
Posted By TheOldFellow
DACS on the line

On Thu, 22 May 2008 09:57:47 +0000, TheOldFellow wrote:

After waiting for Plusnet to clear Direct Debit mandates etc, and then
instruct BT (nearly a month from order) they attempted connection...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 22nd 08, 10:57 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 13
Posted By TheOldFellow
DACS on the line

After waiting for Plusnet to clear Direct Debit mandates etc, and then
instruct BT (nearly a month from order) they attempted connection on
Tuesday, only to find that BT Openreach have a DACS on...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 24th 08, 07:48 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 0
Posted By TheOldFellow
BT Voyager 240 to what?

When I went ADSL in 2005, I bought a BT Voyager 240 from my ISP. It
has always seemed to be OK, but reading this list suggests that it
might be either a bit long-in-the-tooth or otherwise in need of...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 18th 08, 10:19 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 22
Posted By TheOldFellow
Which ISP for an old lady with no previous

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 08:15:31 +0100
"John" [email protected] wrote:

TheOldFellow wrote:
On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 20:46:49 +0100
Eeyore wrote:

Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 18th 08, 06:49 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 22
Posted By TheOldFellow
Which ISP for an old lady with no previous

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 20:46:49 +0100
Eeyore wrote:

TheOldFellow wrote:

What would you recommend?