Showing results 1 to 25 of 57
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Theo[_2_]
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) September 21st 18, 09:38 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 64
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Citizens Advice: Millions overcharged for mobile contracts

bert wrote:
Victims? They're not victims. They are people who have freely entered
into a contract and couldn't be arsed to read it through.

"None of you nowadays will...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) September 20th 18, 10:30 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 64
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Citizens Advice: Millions overcharged for mobile contracts

tim... wrote:
So now I have phone locked to EE

That's fine here because I have an Asda PAYG in it, but it means that it's
useless to me for data abroad if I can't...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) September 11th 18, 07:44 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 3
Posted By Theo[_2_]
"Mesh" wifi systems

Graham J wrote:
The professional solution to this is to connect each access point by
wire to the LAN, and have a controller on the LAN which manages the
traffic. That...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 18th 18, 11:45 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 30
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Sky routers

DrTeeth wrote:
Hi,

My neighbour has a Sky service. For some reason it looks like he has
two routers/Wi-Fi access points judging by what I see when I use a
program to...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) August 6th 18, 12:52 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 6
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Betamax / Dellmont & BREXIT

R. Mark Clayton wrote:
Perhaps they are getting ready for a hard Brexit, although international
telephony is regulated by the ITU (part of the UN) not the EU.

As I...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) August 4th 18, 09:16 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 6
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Betamax / Dellmont & BREXIT

Graham. wrote:

When calling an EU country the price you pay per minute depends on the
CLID of the calling party, those with non EU numbers now pay a premium
on...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) August 2nd 18, 12:00 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom,uk.telecom.mobile
Replies: 50
Posted By Theo[_2_]
uk.telecom blocked on google groups

In uk.telecom David Woolley wrote:
On 01/08/18 20:39, Andy Burns wrote:
I don't remember seeing any that included actual credit card details,
just "offers"...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 31st 18, 11:50 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 7
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Point to point wireless

Woody wrote:
"AnthonyL" wrote in message

When I had a point to point wireless (2.4GHz) approx...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) July 31st 18, 09:06 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 46
Posted By Theo[_2_]
VoIP with existing wiring and an NTE5c

Anthony R. Gold wrote:
My A&A 10 pcm "Naked DSL" broadband line can dial through to 999, 111 and
freephone numbers. I am now encouraged to dust off my old...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) July 29th 18, 11:50 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 2
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Calls via VOIP fail

wrote:
On Sunday, 29 July 2018 10:18:21 UTC+1, Malcolm Loades wrote:
A number I call several times a week in Zimbabwe (around 90 minutes
total per week) has had...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) July 29th 18, 11:41 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 46
Posted By Theo[_2_]
VoIP with existing wiring and an NTE5c

Graham. wrote:
Shouldn't that be the other way round?
FXS to telephones
FXO to exchange line

Probably. I can never remember which way round they are.
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 29th 18, 11:39 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 7
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Point to point wireless

If I want to make a wireless link of about 500m through a typical
residential environment, but which can't do line of sight, is there anything
I could do? The land is flat, but LOS goes obliquely...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) July 29th 18, 10:53 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 46
Posted By Theo[_2_]
VoIP with existing wiring and an NTE5c

Woody wrote:
I am somewhat confused by this thread - can someone clarify it please?

There's two ways to do VOIP:

1. Plug an ATA FXS into your BT socket. Your ATA can...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) July 29th 18, 10:01 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 46
Posted By Theo[_2_]
VoIP with existing wiring and an NTE5c

Graham. wrote:
What I needed to do was read this
https://aa.net.uk/broadband-phoneline.html
then order a new line.
Tell them you have an existing line
and a few...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) July 29th 18, 03:06 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 46
Posted By Theo[_2_]
VoIP with existing wiring and an NTE5c

Graham. wrote:
Andrew Benham wrote:

I'm planning to switch my landline number over to a VoIP provider

Careful you don't cease your VDSL service by doing...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) July 29th 18, 12:59 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 46
Posted By Theo[_2_]
VoIP with existing wiring and an NTE5c

Andrew Benham wrote:
So now I have an NTE5c and a VDSL SSFP, and no easy way to connect from
an ATA to the existing phone wiring. Now it strikes me that it ought
to be...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 30th 18, 01:13 AM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 21
Posted By Theo[_2_]
POTS line to/from VoIP

David Higton wrote:
Interesting, Theo... you've sent me along an interesting train of
thought.

(The thought had crossed my mind of building what I want from...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 28th 18, 11:02 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 21
Posted By Theo[_2_]
POTS line to/from VoIP

David Higton wrote:
Next obvious solution is a Raspberry Pi and Rasterisk, with an FXO
adapter. I've installed Asterisk numerous times, so I'm happy doing
it. The...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 28th 18, 10:48 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 5
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Looking for replacement for Gigaset C475IP + 6 handsets

Chris Green wrote:
Our long serving C475IP and a rather eclectic mix of handsets is
beginning to get rather quirky and unreliable so I'm looking for a
replacement.

We don't...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 20th 18, 10:12 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 32
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Houses conneced to some cabinets cannot get FTTC even though exchange and other cabinets can

Tweed wrote:
That's not entirely correct. Our estate has had Virgin cable since the days
of it being NTL. The BT exchange, being some distance away, only managed to
supply...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 17th 18, 03:52 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 32
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Houses conneced to some cabinets cannot get FTTC even though exchange and other cabinets can

NY wrote:
Is there a way to find out whether specific addresses will *ever* be able
to get FTTC, or whether BTOR have given up on them: "investigating ways of
doing it" is a...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 16th 18, 03:10 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 33
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Extending FTTC from a master socket

NY wrote:
But going for a filtered faceplate is rather committing yourself to having
the router in one place for ever more - and that place is the worst place
in the house,...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 4th 18, 12:41 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 27
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Plusnet prices going up, or maybe down

Roderick Stewart wrote:
Do we really want this? Would it be deployed using local addresses,
WAN addresses, NAT and DHCP just like IPv4, or would it make use of
the...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 4th 18, 11:04 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 27
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Plusnet prices going up, or maybe down

Chronos wrote:
On Thu, 03 May 2018 12:50:57 +0100
Roderick Stewart wrote:

Do we really want this?

Whether we want it or not, we...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 7th 18, 04:14 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 12
Posted By Theo[_2_]
ASA on the defensive

Graham. wrote:

No wish to give credibility to 7's babblings by replying to his
thread, but it's interesting to read what ****wits the ASA take us
for:

So presumably...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 57