Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tony Hoyle
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) March 14th 06, 02:00 AM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 27
Posted By Tony Hoyle
Sipdiscount dead?

Theo Zourzouvillys wrote:
sip.sipdiscount.com has address 80.239.235.201
sip.sipdiscount.com has address 194.120.0.203
sip.sipdiscount.com has address 194.221.62.207
sip.sipdiscount.com has...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) March 14th 06, 01:54 AM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 27
Posted By Tony Hoyle
Sipdiscount dead?

David Floyd wrote:

I find that when it stops working I change to sip.sipdiscount.com.

Then, more than likely, that will stop working in a few days, and I
change to sip1.sipdiscount.com. And...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) March 13th 06, 12:54 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 27
Posted By Tony Hoyle
Sipdiscount dead?

PhilÅ wrote:
Fine for me

??? Now I'm really confused. You've definately connected in the last
two weeks? I figured they were just having issues but even a free
service wouldn't normally be...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) March 13th 06, 12:08 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 27
Posted By Tony Hoyle
Sipdiscount dead?

Hi,

I've been unable to connect to sipdiscount for several days now..
sip1.sipdiscount.com is not responding to pings on any of its IP
addresses.

Since it's the same company/server (finarea) as...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 25th 05, 03:31 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 9
Posted By Tony Hoyle
Strange missed call on Sipgate

Philippe Deleye wrote:
I believe you cannot spoof CLID with "crazy numbers", only UK numbers.
Philippe

With the right equipment (an ISDN PRI is enough) you can spoof CLID
with anything you like....
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 18th 05, 10:55 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 9
Posted By Tony Hoyle
Strange missed call on Sipgate

Ivor Jones wrote:

Thanks, I just had another one, this time from 00669072, again it stopped
before I could answer. I do hope the junk marketers haven't found Sipgate
:-(

I'm guessing they've...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 15th 05, 03:36 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 12
Posted By Tony Hoyle
Has 18866 closed it VO-IP access ?

David Floyd wrote:

But you haven't said whether you're using iax softphone or SIP ATA.

So far, unless someone says differently, it appears to be SIP
connections that no longer...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 15th 05, 03:32 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 5
Posted By Tony Hoyle
Cheapest rates at the moment?

Ian wrote:

Voiptalk are 10p peak, 8p offpeak , 5p weekends on their prepay service.
and its a reliable service.

Their rates page states 14p/minute at all times.

Their 'silver' service quotes a...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 15th 05, 04:07 AM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 5
Posted By Tony Hoyle
PlusNet to launch Voip service

Phil wrote:
Not much use really you can only call other Plusnet customers

Plus there's no peering (*758?) so you can't even call plusnet
customers from outside.

OTOH it's probably great if you...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 15th 05, 01:55 AM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 5
Posted By Tony Hoyle
Cheapest rates at the moment?

With 1899 and 18866 both going to higher than BT rates for mobile
calls, and voipbuster being higher than that (19.4p/minute!) who offers
the best rate now?

Cheapest looks like voipfone (11p), but...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 15th 05, 01:46 AM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 12
Posted By Tony Hoyle
Has 18866 closed it VO-IP access ?

Geoff B wrote:
I just got setup with Voip, new voip phone and the like and now the service
has gone. Anyone know whats wrong?

Working fine here...

15p/minute for mobile?? WTF?

Tony
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 15th 05, 01:41 AM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 18
Posted By Tony Hoyle
VoIP rate comparison

Martin² wrote:
Niftylist.com does that for PSTN, perhaps they could do it for VoIP but of

No it doesn't, you misunderstand :)

I'm not looking for a website thst lists prices. I'm talking about...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 15th 05, 01:38 AM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 18
Posted By Tony Hoyle
VoIP rate comparison

Martin² wrote:
course (at the moment) you can't easily use different VoIP provider for
every destination.

Why not? I do...

I just have to update the list manually at the moment. An...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 12th 05, 02:25 AM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 18
Posted By Tony Hoyle
VoIP rate comparison

B.M. Wright wrote:
I already started a thread on voipuser.org about this a while
back. Basically, I wanted to know if SIP supported querying the cost of
the call before making it, you could...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 5th 05, 05:18 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 2
Posted By Tony Hoyle
savings over BT using voip

j* wrote:
forgive me if this has been asked before

I have 2 BT residential lines, 1 line is used for business calls & has wires
only broadband & the other line is used for residential private...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 5th 05, 04:08 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 10
Posted By Tony Hoyle
newbie questions - Asterisk & VOIP

Geoff Winkless wrote:

However now they're looking at buying more physical lines it seems to me
that VOIP might be a better solution: to get 5 analogue lines (4 voice,
1 fax) is going to cost a...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 5th 05, 04:00 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 10
Posted By Tony Hoyle
newbie questions - Asterisk & VOIP

Phil Thompson wrote:
I don't know if the trunking facility of Asterisk reduces overheads
enough to help in this regard.

Not to the extent of supporting 10 simultaneous calls.

If the line is...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 3rd 05, 09:46 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 1
Posted By Tony Hoyle
Vegastream 10 ATA

Rupert wrote:
I accidentally plugged a 19v PSU into my Vegastream 10 ATA (It should be
5v). It was only for a few seconds but it was enough time for it to make a
nasty smell and now it doesn't...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 3rd 05, 09:38 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 54
Posted By Tony Hoyle
Voipfone Press Release

keymaster wrote:
"cjd" wrote in message
fyi

http://www.pressdispensary.co.uk/search.cgi?id=445

Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 1st 05, 03:42 AM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 4
Posted By Tony Hoyle
Asterisk & Call18866 & Voipbuster

The Cable Guy wrote:

Thanks Tony,

I have the full number in the username.

I cannot get either 18866 or Voipbuster to work with Aterisk.

However, 1899 Voip works fine (except I cannot...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) May 31st 05, 02:30 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 4
Posted By Tony Hoyle
Asterisk & Call18866 & Voipbuster

The Cable Guy wrote:
[18866]
username=18866xxxxxxxxxxx
type=peer
secret=xxxxxxxxx
qualify=yes
host=iax.call18866.co.uk

That looks pretty identical to mine. You need the full phone...
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21