Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dave Gill
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) December 11th 05, 12:10 AM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 3
Posted By Dave Gill
Occasional crackle or clicking on Vonage?

Ivor Jones wrote:

wrote in message

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 21:22:16 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) December 3rd 05, 11:02 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 4
Posted By Dave Gill
Voip.co.uk voicemail etc.

David Floyd wrote:

Your comments are my thoughts exactly. That's why I haven't yet
complained. I have high hopes for this service, but I thought it was
unwise to give...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) December 3rd 05, 12:22 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 24
Posted By Dave Gill
Best VOIP Provider

Thomas Rankin wrote:

I know mobile calls are cheaper than sipgate (except daytime), but I
route mobile calls through gradwell anyway (not for price, but because
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) November 30th 05, 11:28 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 0
Posted By Dave Gill
Just Dial VoIP woes

Rick wrote:

I cancelled my service months ago but was still being billed for
monthly line rental.

I cancelled a few months ago because the call quality I was getting...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) November 30th 05, 11:16 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 24
Posted By Dave Gill
Best VOIP Provider

Sean wrote:

When i use the voip.co.uk service, outgoing calls ring with US tone, and
dont end when i hang up!

Yes, I've noticed that when I ring someone from my...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) November 30th 05, 08:04 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 24
Posted By Dave Gill
Best VOIP Provider

Me wrote:

I am looking for a VOIP provider. I have a VOIP enabled router.

I have heard of Sipgate and Vonage but are there others, that provide
a local incoming number that I...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) November 28th 05, 06:21 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 9
Posted By Dave Gill
Setting up voip.co.uk voicemail

David Floyd wrote:

In message of Mon, 28 Nov 2005, Brian A writes
[...]
Currently you can enable voicemail to, allegedly (not checked) pick up
calls while you are...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) November 26th 05, 06:35 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 9
Posted By Dave Gill
voip.co.uk Call diversion

David Floyd wrote:

[...]
On the question you raise it would appear that their web site is
misleading as it suggests that the service provides a 'call diversion'
facility...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) November 23rd 05, 10:58 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 29
Posted By Dave Gill
VoIP.co.uk and Sipura Gateway question

David Floyd wrote:

In message of Wed, 23 Nov 2005, Dave Gill writes

Hmmm... I have a couple of Sipura ATAs (a 2100 and a 1001) and I haven't
come across Gateway...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) November 23rd 05, 06:41 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 29
Posted By Dave Gill
VoIP.co.uk and Sipura Gateway question

David Floyd wrote:

That would be fine, except that you answered the question I didn't ask.

So! Do you know what entries to put in the Gateway settings?

eg:
Gateway...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) November 23rd 05, 06:34 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 56
Posted By Dave Gill
Any experience of voip.co.uk

Theo Zourzouvillys wrote:

Dave Gill wrote:

One request/suggestion: I find annonymous caller rejection quite useful,
any chance of adding that feature at some point?
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) November 22nd 05, 07:52 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 56
Posted By Dave Gill
Any experience of voip.co.uk

Mark Adamson wrote:

voip.co.uk have been advertising on tubes. I have had a look at their site,
and they have some decent offers, but seem to be far more closed...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) November 10th 05, 08:56 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 2
Posted By Dave Gill
Sipgate website

Anyone else having trouble logging in to the users' area of the Sipgate
website? Times out every time for me... :-(

--
The From address is a spam-trap, so all replies to the newsgroup...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) October 23rd 05, 11:15 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip

Deag wrote:

Have not seen much comment on here about Freetalk. So far I have found it
extremely good, very reliable, unlike Justdial and Sipgate which I have used
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) October 22nd 05, 08:06 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 21
Posted By Dave Gill
Backlash against free internet calls

Brian A wrote:

I would hope that the government would legislate against ISPs etc., if
this occurs here, as is stifles compeitition.
Fortunately it looks like BT...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) October 22nd 05, 03:54 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 21
Posted By Dave Gill
Backlash against free internet calls

From this week's New scientist:

"MANY of the phone companies that own the wires connecting people to the
internet are gearing up to block free phone calls that use voice over
internet protocol...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) October 16th 05, 12:18 AM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 25
Posted By Dave Gill
PAP2

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

With 30(.4/.2,.4/2) the second ring is as can been seen slightly too short,
the 2nd ring should be slightly longer than the first....
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) October 15th 05, 10:58 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 25
Posted By Dave Gill
PAP2

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

Have set now to: 60(.5/.4,.7./1.8) as this sounds closer to the UK ringing
pattern I am used to, however still not sure what the 60...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) October 1st 05, 01:37 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 20
Posted By Dave Gill
Anyone using FreeTalk yet?

wrote:

requirements it says " Analog phone" and also lists about six other
requirements but why say you need an analog phone and put a 10% off
voucher in the box for...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) September 7th 05, 06:14 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 6
Posted By Dave Gill
Billion BIPAC 7100SV and Gradwell VoIP setup help please

"Ian" spam"AT"bathfordhill.co.uk wrote:

Then set outbound proxy to nat.gradwell.net and the port to 5082

Would there be any point in doing that for a device not using NAT?

--
The From address...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) September 1st 05, 06:30 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip

Johnathan Smith wrote:

I'm just about to order this and wanted to know if I can connect it just to
the LAN side of my router rather than WAN side?

If you want to stick it on the...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) August 27th 05, 09:43 AM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 27
Posted By Dave Gill
IPKall

David Floyd wrote:

Well I haven't changed my Devizes number, and my SIP number never
resemble the phone number from the time a registered.

Maybe an example may clear up...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) August 22nd 05, 06:19 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 17
Posted By Dave Gill
Sipura & 2 SIP accounts

Oldie wrote:

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:42:48 +0100, Sean
wrote:

Rob wrote:
Hi.

Is it possible to have a Sipura ATA...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) August 22nd 05, 06:06 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 3
Posted By Dave Gill
Blueyonder (Telewest) ATAs, Netgear WGR614

Brian A wrote:

It seems that the Grandstream is different in that you can connect it
directly to the cable modem and then take an output from it to the
router -...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) August 19th 05, 07:49 AM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 12
Posted By Dave Gill
Just Dial VoIP Codecs

Mark wrote:

Whatever I tried I couldn't fix it, so I have taken my custom
elsewhere. I do wonder if it is simply JDV being mean with their
bandwidth to save...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100