Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.48 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Woody
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Yesterday, 06:41 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 26
Posted By Woody
Houses conneced to some cabinets cannot get FTTC even though exchange and other cabinets can

"Graham J" wrote in message
Woody wrote:
A farmer friend in Zummerzet is, according to dslchecker, 2908m
from
the serving...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) Yesterday, 11:33 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 26
Posted By Woody
Houses conneced to some cabinets cannot get FTTC even though exchange and other cabinets can

A farmer friend in Zummerzet is, according to dslchecker, 2908m from
the serving (sub)exchange. He has four lines of which the last Km or
so is overhead and all four have broadband on them. There...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 17th 18, 07:09 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 26
Posted By Woody
Houses conneced to some cabinets cannot get FTTC even though exchange and other cabinets can

"Tweed" wrote in message
NY wrote:
We're looking to buy a new (*) house. I notice that houses in some
streets
of...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 17th 18, 07:56 AM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 17
Posted By Woody
ROT - Multi-Input VoIP Autodialler, Where To Buy in UK?

"Graham." wrote in message
On 16/06/2018 13:39, Java Jive wrote:

However, does anybody have any first-hand...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 16th 18, 03:44 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 17
Posted By Woody
ROT - Multi-Input VoIP Autodialler, Where To Buy in UK?

"Java Jive" wrote in message
Thanks to both respondents for your most helpful comments ...

On 15/06/2018 18:27, Woody wrote:

I...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 15th 18, 06:27 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 17
Posted By Woody
ROT - Multi-Input VoIP Autodialler, Where To Buy in UK?

"Java Jive" wrote in message
As per title, I have a legacy client with three alarm systems, two
fire and one intruder, and, now that...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) June 8th 18, 07:55 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 6
Posted By Woody
Sipgate Problem

"Pancho" wrote in message
On 08/06/2018 16:20, Chris in Makati wrote:
On Thu, 07 Jun 2018 17:35:21 +0100, "Anthony R....
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 8th 18, 07:07 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 12
Posted By Woody
Ping Bob Pullen? WTF is the email address for Plusnet sales??

"Chris" wrote in message
Chris wrote:
Vir Campestris wrote:
I've just had a...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) May 7th 18, 07:01 AM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 5
Posted By Woody
Too quiet when using VOIP

"Graham." wrote in message
I have a Sipgate line that I use at home using a Cisco ATA
connected to some cordless...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) May 6th 18, 10:20 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 5
Posted By Woody
Too quiet when using VOIP

"Murmansk" wrote in message
I have a Sipgate line that I use at home using a Cisco ATA connected
to some...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 2nd 18, 09:18 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 16
Posted By Woody
"Adverts for broadband speeds to face new rules"

"Graham J" wrote in message
NY wrote:

[snip]

How much of the download speed is a function of the ISP, and how
much is
due...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 2nd 18, 09:17 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 27
Posted By Woody
Plusnet prices going up, or maybe down

"Clive Page" wrote in message
Have other Plusnet customers had an email giving prices changes?
Changes means increases, of course. It...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 24th 18, 08:06 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 20
Posted By Woody
Facebook

"Yellow" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Apr 2018 12:52:55 +0100, Davey
posted:

I am...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 3rd 18, 07:33 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 12
Posted By Woody
'More than half' of UK households face broadband problems

"NY" wrote in message
"Woody" wrote in message

"Java...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 2nd 18, 07:05 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 12
Posted By Woody
'More than half' of UK households face broadband problems

"Java Jive" wrote in message
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43617492

"One in five British households have experienced slow...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 30th 18, 08:53 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 18
Posted By Woody
Openreach fibre availabilty gives "exploring solutions - no plan in place" but exchange is fibre-enabled

"NY" wrote in message
We're looking to move house and one house that we've identified has
fast ADSL (up to 17 Mbps)...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) March 19th 18, 12:35 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 4
Posted By Woody
Change phone number displayed on RX phone. SPA 112

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 10:18:10 +0000, reply_to_address_is wrote:

Sipgate VOIP with SPA 112.

Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 15th 18, 02:51 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 12
Posted By Woody
UK fibre to home to be rolled out by franchise holders

"Tweed" wrote in message
R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Monday, 12 March 2018 15:13:09 UTC, Tweed wrote:
R. Mark...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 11th 18, 04:47 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 6
Posted By Woody
SOT: problems with Skype

"Chris Green" wrote in message
In uk.tech.digital-tv Woody wrote:
I have Skype on two machines, a laptop running...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 11th 18, 01:04 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.tech.digital-tv
Replies: 6
Posted By Woody
SOT: problems with Skype

I have Skype on two machines, a laptop running W7Pro and a desktop
running W10Pro.

This morning I attempted a Skype call with my daughter. We got her
picture, she got our sound but nothing else -...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 10th 18, 06:16 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 34
Posted By Woody
Changing a router

"NY" wrote in message
"Woody" wrote in message
Or...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 10th 18, 01:09 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 34
Posted By Woody
Changing a router

"Graham J" wrote in message
Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 20:24:01 +0000, Andrew
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 10th 18, 07:34 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 34
Posted By Woody
Changing a router

I got the laptop out last night, downloaded RouterStatsLite and
connected up to the Netgear 3700. Bingo it worked straight off.

I also downloaded RouterStatsHub5 which works with a BTHH5a of which...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 9th 18, 09:20 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 34
Posted By Woody
Changing a router

"NY" wrote in message
"Woody" wrote in message
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 9th 18, 05:49 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 34
Posted By Woody
Changing a router

"Martin Brown" wrote in message