Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 18.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Martin Brown[_2_]
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 4th 20, 11:51 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 8
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Email hosted by Elite

On 04/07/2020 10:16, Graham J wrote:
Martin Brown wrote:

[snip]

If you specified the actual failing domain name(s) then someone could
take a look to see if any of the records have...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 4th 20, 09:16 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 8
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Email hosted by Elite

On 03/07/2020 21:44, Graham J wrote:
Does anybody here have an email account hosted by Elite?
See: https://elite.net.uk/

I have one that I set up in May 2016 which I use for a small amount...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 21st 20, 04:47 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 6
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
WiFi dongle driver please

On 21/05/2020 15:36, scbs29 wrote:
Hello all
I hae been given a USB WiFi dongle to replace my Netgear WPN111. The
only writing on the new dongle is WiFi AC 600M Wireless USB adaptor.
On...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 18th 20, 09:46 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 49
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Powerline brands to avoid?

On 16/05/2020 13:22, Peter wrote:

Chris wrote

My daughter is being moved to WFH with a work supplied PC in two days.
Her room is a fair distance from the router...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 15th 20, 02:01 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 49
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Powerline brands to avoid?

On 14/05/2020 16:14, David Rance wrote:
On Thu, 14 May 2020 14:47:22 Martin Brown wrote:

On 14/05/2020 14:28, Chris wrote:
*My daughter is being moved to WFH with a work supplied PC in...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 14th 20, 02:47 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 49
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Powerline brands to avoid?

On 14/05/2020 14:28, Chris wrote:

My daughter is being moved to WFH with a work supplied PC in two days.
Her room is a fair distance from the router meaning that wifi may not be
reliable...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 7th 20, 12:56 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 17
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
W10 L2TP question

On 07/05/2020 10:20, Graham J wrote:
R. Mark Clayton wrote:

[snip]

The two laptops are clearly behaving very differently.* But I can't see
any difference between them.

Any...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 6th 20, 03:14 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 17
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
W10 L2TP question

On 06/05/2020 14:44, Graham J wrote:
Two virtually identical laptops trying to connect via a dial-up VPN
using L2TP - one connects - the other fails.* I have syslog output from
the Vigor...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 22nd 20, 07:29 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 9
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Outddor WiFi - how do I get at router in bridge mode?

On 22/04/2020 15:15, Chris Green wrote:
I've started a separate thread as I'm getting somewhere.

I have configured an old[ish] TP-Link MR3420 Wireless Router to work
in (what it calls)...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 22nd 20, 01:59 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 68
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Outdoor WiFi link - cheapest way to do 30 metres or so

On 22/04/2020 10:53, Chris Green wrote:
Martin Brown wrote:
On 21/04/2020 20:58, Chris Green wrote:

That's a point, I have routers with external aerials...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 22nd 20, 10:02 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 68
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Outdoor WiFi link - cheapest way to do 30 metres or so

On 21/04/2020 20:58, Chris Green wrote:
R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Tuesday, 21 April 2020 19:01:13 UTC+1, Graham J wrote:
Chris Green wrote:
I want a reasonably...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 22nd 20, 09:59 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 68
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Outdoor WiFi link - cheapest way to do 30 metres or so

On 22/04/2020 09:23, Peter wrote:

Chris Green wrote

I don't need Gigabit speeds, 100Mb/s would be fine, thus a pair of
300Mb/s capable routers, if they can 'see' each...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 22nd 20, 09:50 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 68
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Outdoor WiFi link - cheapest way to do 30 metres or so

On 22/04/2020 09:18, Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Tue, 21 Apr 2020 18:18:12 +0100, Woody
wrote:

[ powerline ethernet links]
I am also a radio amateur and...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 21st 20, 10:32 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 68
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Outdoor WiFi link - cheapest way to do 30 metres or so

On 21/04/2020 17:32, Chris Green wrote:
I want a reasonably fast and reliable link to an outbuilding which is,
I guess, 30 metres or so from the house. The existing UTP cable has
finally given...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 23rd 20, 04:06 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 16
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Stupid wifi cordless 'phone.

On 23/03/2020 13:12, Flyi�g �u� 2�2� + on desktop wrote:
Both my landline cordless handsets have decided to throw wobblies.
After about 20 minutes into a conversation or waiting...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 26th 20, 01:19 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 53
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Email address charges branded 'daylight robbery'

On 26/02/2020 12:19, Chris wrote:
On 25/02/2020 20:01, Martin Brown wrote:
On 24/02/2020 20:23, bert wrote:
In article , Graham J
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 25th 20, 08:01 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 53
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Email address charges branded 'daylight robbery'

On 24/02/2020 20:23, bert wrote:
In article , Graham J
writes
Java Jive wrote:

[snip]

*People would probably do better to buy...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 30th 20, 05:31 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 11
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
banned list

On 30/01/2020 17:20, Steve wrote:

On Thu, 30 Jan 2020 17:08:27 +0000, Martin Brown wrote:

On 30/01/2020 15:43, critcher wrote:
apparently I am on a banned list on uk.tech.digital-tv ,...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 30th 20, 05:08 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 11
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
banned list

On 30/01/2020 15:43, critcher wrote:
apparently I am on a banned list on uk.tech.digital-tv , so how do I get
off this list.

Apologise to the sysop of AIOE or post through a different...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 27th 20, 12:15 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 2
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Fibre-laying tools aid rural broadband rollout

On 27/01/2020 11:30, Java Jive wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-51221077

"Fibre-laying tools aid rural broadband rollout

Infrastructure firm Openreach is using a range of...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 9th 20, 08:52 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 44
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Plusnet dodgy Internet

On 08/01/2020 19:27, tim... wrote:

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
tim... wrote:

For the past three weeks I have...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 9th 20, 08:48 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 44
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Plusnet dodgy Internet

On 08/01/2020 19:27, tim... wrote:

"Brighton Rock" wrote in message
On 08/01/2020 18:48,...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 8th 20, 05:37 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 25
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
DECT and FTTC, any known issues?

On 08/01/2020 13:08, Graham J wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
Graham J wrote:

I would anticipate problems where the DECT phone interferes with the
FTTC service

Why?* The DECT is just...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 8th 20, 05:36 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 25
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
DECT and FTTC, any known issues?

On 08/01/2020 14:04, Graham J wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:

[snip]

the DECT basestation transmits RF to communicate with the handsets.
**Potentially this could interfere with the...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 19th 19, 09:22 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 18
Posted By Martin Brown[_2_]
Can I get a refund for very band landline/FTTC broadband?

On 19/12/2019 15:06, Alfred wrote:
Chris wrote:
I just want to know if given the state of things, can I
ask for a partial refund of my bill to Plusnet?

Probably....
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100