Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 5.41 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Theo[_2_]
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 22nd 20, 12:08 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 6
Posted By Theo[_2_]
WiFi dongle driver please

scbs29 wrote:
Thankyou for your reply.
From the URL that you referenced:

Device Manager shows: 802.11ac NIC
Device manager- Properties - Details - Hardware IDs...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 21st 20, 04:06 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 6
Posted By Theo[_2_]
WiFi dongle driver please

scbs29 wrote:
Hello all
I hae been given a USB WiFi dongle to replace my Netgear WPN111. The
only writing on the new dongle is WiFi AC 600M Wireless USB adaptor.
On...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) May 2nd 20, 12:33 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 41
Posted By Theo[_2_]
VPN performance question

Graham J wrote:
Using the LAN-to-LAN VPN to the farm the speed is acceptable.

Using dial-up VPN to the farm the speed is awful - unuseable.

This is from the same...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 24th 20, 05:23 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 9
Posted By Theo[_2_]
SFPs for VDSL/ADSL?

Theo wrote:
There's a variety of other ones around that might be more stable.

Looks like someone got one working on...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 24th 20, 04:54 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 9
Posted By Theo[_2_]
SFPs for VDSL/ADSL?

Brian Gregory wrote:
On 24/04/2020 00:06, Brian Gregory wrote:
Near enough, surely?

Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 22nd 20, 10:21 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 68
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Outdoor WiFi link - cheapest way to do 30 metres or so

Peter wrote:

Tweed wrote

I can pull 200 Mbit/sec from my Apple AirPort Extreme to my iPad. This is
on 5GHz. But this is...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 21st 20, 10:19 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 68
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Outdoor WiFi link - cheapest way to do 30 metres or so

Chris Green wrote:
That's a point, I have routers with external aerials so I'll explore
that route. Thanks.

Pringles...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 5th 20, 05:51 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 104
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Fibre Broadband router/modem connection.

Ray wrote:
On 4 Apr 2020 at 16:07:57 BST, "Tufnell Park"
wrote:

The mastersocket would have been installed circa 1998 when the...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 2nd 20, 12:48 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 32
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Request for someone with Zen and IPv6

On 2020-04-01, Richard Tobin wrote:
Could someone using Zen with IPv6 enabled please tell me if they
can access the following...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) April 1st 20, 10:54 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 118
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Plusnet: Drastic traffic shaping.

Graham. wrote:
Are you using their supplied router Andy?
I ask because I am wondering if they implement any traffic shaping using
their embedded TR069 CWPM...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 24th 20, 11:38 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 16
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Stupid wifi cordless 'phone.

Graham J wrote:
Often a problem with manufacturers: they make a recommendation without
explaining why. Consequently users see the recommendation as perverse
or...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) March 23rd 20, 11:20 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 16
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Stupid wifi cordless 'phone.

Chris Green wrote:
It's not memory, just wearing out, they do have a finite life
(measured basically in discharge/charge cycles).

We had this discussion on uk.telecom recently. My...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) February 15th 20, 04:43 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 16
Posted By Theo[_2_]
VOIP DECT base with answering machine

Anthony R. Gold wrote:
I don't know of any separate PRO versions of the N300 IP/N300A IP but maybe
these will help:

Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) February 15th 20, 10:17 AM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 16
Posted By Theo[_2_]
VOIP DECT base with answering machine

R. Mark Clayton wrote:
On Wednesday, 12 February 2020 10:11:23 UTC, Theo wrote:
Now my next challenge is to find out the Sky VOIP login from its router
(which I...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) February 12th 20, 10:11 AM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 16
Posted By Theo[_2_]
VOIP DECT base with answering machine

R. Mark Clayton wrote:
Got C460IP, C475IP and N510IP, but not the N300. Operation of the three I
do have is very similar, but I don't know exactly how the N300A TAM...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) February 8th 20, 10:17 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 16
Posted By Theo[_2_]
VOIP DECT base with answering machine

www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
Only thing to be aware of is Gigaset handsets don't necessarily allow
access to all base station features e.g. Answer Machine. ...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) February 6th 20, 03:43 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 16
Posted By Theo[_2_]
VOIP DECT base with answering machine

Malcolm Loades wrote:
Forgive me if my response misses the point of what are seeking. But can
this not be simply done using a Fritzbox 7490? It has a built-in DECT
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) February 6th 20, 01:41 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 16
Posted By Theo[_2_]
VOIP DECT base with answering machine

I'm looking to replace my PAP2 and fleet of wired-in Gigaset bases with
something that speaks DECT to the Gigaset handsets directly. It would be
useful for it to have answering machine capability in...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 15th 20, 10:33 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 16
Posted By Theo[_2_]
BT HomeHubs now 'loaned'

Andy Burns wrote:
BT swap and change between broadcom and other chipsets on their homehubs
and smarthubs, the HH5a happens to use Lantiq which was hackable, the
smarthub...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 19th 19, 05:52 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 18
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Can I get a refund for very band landline/FTTC broadband?

Alfred wrote:
I just want to know if given the state of things, can I
ask for a partial refund of my bill to...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 18th 19, 01:15 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 16
Posted By Theo[_2_]
BT HomeHubs now 'loaned'

BT Phone Residential Phone Tariff:
https://www.bt.com/assets/pdf/BT_PhoneTariff_Residential.pdf

"BT Home Hub
We'll supply a BT Home Hub to all customers taking BT Broadband, Superfast
Fibre or Fibre...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 10th 19, 04:37 PM Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 30
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Open Letter To Mobile Suppliers

In uk.telecom.broadband AnthonyL wrote:
The village/hamlet is basically on a single dead end street at the
start of which are the existing BT cabinets. Nothing is more...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 8th 19, 06:22 PM Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 30
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Open Letter To Mobile Suppliers

In uk.telecom.broadband Bev wrote:
On Fri, 08 Nov 2019 14:43:48 +0000, Theo wrote:

I think FTTP gets used when there isn't a suitable FTTC solution. We
could have...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 8th 19, 02:43 PM Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 30
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Open Letter To Mobile Suppliers

In uk.telecom.broadband AnthonyL wrote:
Move on to about 4 years ago and the struggling ADSL was still the
best on offer from BT. Patchy 3g was around but INEEDBROADBAND...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) September 29th 19, 08:53 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 31
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Lowest cost VOIP solution?

T i m wrote:
Well, I'm pretty sure she has DECT phone round there because it was
her sisters before she took the flat over but I remember her saying
something about why she...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100