Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.29 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Conor
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) August 23rd 07, 06:17 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 42
Posted By Conor
Not getting 20mb with Netgear

In article , DT says...

"Conor" wrote in message
In article...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) August 22nd 07, 11:29 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 42
Posted By Conor
Not getting 20mb with Netgear

In article , DT says...
I'm on a 20mb broadband service, but I don't seem to be able to achieve 20mb
with my wireless Netgear networking hardware...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) August 18th 07, 01:56 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 5
Posted By Conor
ftp between computers on lan

In article , felt he had
to say
On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 10:48:47 +0100, Jon
wrote:

I think you're over complicating...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) August 14th 07, 05:58 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 9
Posted By Conor
Linking two networks with internet connections

In article , Alex
Fraser says...
"David" wrote in message
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) August 12th 07, 10:15 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 6
Posted By Conor
Can I improve this wifi setup

In article , Invalid
says...

You could improve it, but do you need to?
--
Regards,
Stuart.

The indoor side of it I would...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) August 5th 07, 08:20 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 6
Posted By Conor
Setting up a home file server

In article , iPleb
says...

Is the client PC running XP?

Yeah sorry forgot to mention that ....

XP has some serious networking issues -...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) August 5th 07, 02:17 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 6
Posted By Conor
Setting up a home file server

In article , iPleb
says...
I have a spare PC that I have wired into my home network and intend to use
as a file server.

It is running Vista...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) August 2nd 07, 10:03 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 4
Posted By Conor
Why is this set up so slow?

In article , Neil says...
This is the set up:

NTL Cable modem - Linksys WRT54GS wireless router - PC (hard wired).
Hardwired into the router is a...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) July 12th 07, 06:19 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 4
Posted By Conor
has my wifi security been compromised

In article , Gordy says...
I use wpa tkip on my router and today see an extra entry on the dhcp list
that isnt any of my own systems.

Has someone...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 5th 07, 05:33 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 2
Posted By Conor
MTU Sizes

In article , Geoff Lane says...
Owing to an erratic internet connection my ISP has suggested I try the
following MTU settings;

1458, 1478 and 1500

My...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 4th 07, 04:10 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 0
Posted By Conor
MTU Settings Location

In article , Geoff Lane says...
Recently I posted a thread asking about MTU and how to alter it.

I was given two references as follows;
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) June 30th 07, 11:28 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 1
Posted By Conor
MTU Maximum Transmission Units

In article , Geoff Lane says...
I have been advised by my ISP to try a different MTU in an attempt to
resolve a connection problem.

I'm running XP Home behind...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) June 18th 07, 12:06 AM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 1
Posted By Conor
Netgear DG834GT wireless ADSL router... ADSL2+

In article , M
says...
Can anyone tell me whether this device is ADSL2+ compatible.
Ivechecked the Netgear spec and it cites ADSL but Ive...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) June 17th 07, 12:29 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 3
Posted By Conor
Compatible wireless PCI to go with DG834GT?

In article , deKay says...
Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Sat, 16 Jun
2007 11:46:18 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) June 15th 07, 10:02 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 3
Posted By Conor
Can I connect a wired ethernet cable to my wireless PCI?

In article , Ed says...
My question is this: If I install a wireless PCI adaptor into my PC
now, will I be able to use the same card to make a wired...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) June 8th 07, 10:02 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 9
Posted By Conor
Gigabit to several 10/100 switchs?

In article , Gareth Robert
Halfacree says...
Conor wrote:
In article , Graham Sims
says...
Thanks very...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) June 8th 07, 01:13 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 9
Posted By Conor
Gigabit to several 10/100 switchs?

In article , Graham Sims
says...
Thanks very much for that info, just what I wanted to hear. Also is
essential to get cat 6 cable for a gigabit...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) June 2nd 07, 10:59 AM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 4
Posted By Conor
Netgear XE103 failed after 1 week

In article ,
says...
On 30 Apr, 11:07, Karen McDonald wrote:
However, one of the units died after only seven days...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) May 29th 07, 04:43 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 7
Posted By Conor
Is this possible?

In article , deKay says...
Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 28 May
2007 19:57:25 +0100, sefini jorgo geanyet des...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) May 28th 07, 07:57 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 7
Posted By Conor
Is this possible?

In article ,
bigbrian says...
(And if so, what hardware do I need to be able to achieve it....)

I'm looking to replace my TV with a HD...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) May 23rd 07, 09:18 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 20
Posted By Conor
Cannot access shares on PC that is connected by wireless

In article ,
Mortimer says...

I meant a legal restriction to prevent you interfering with other networks,
not a technical restriction where...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) May 23rd 07, 08:23 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 20
Posted By Conor
Cannot access shares on PC that is connected by wireless

In article ,
Mortimer says...
"Conor" wrote in message
In...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) May 23rd 07, 04:13 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 20
Posted By Conor
Cannot access shares on PC that is connected by wireless

In article ,
Mortimer says...

I'm not a lover of USB for wifi. I fit PCI cards with an antenna on a
lead that sits on top of the PC...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) May 23rd 07, 03:59 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 20
Posted By Conor
Cannot access shares on PC that is connected by wireless

In article , Tony Wright says...

I'm not in love with Belkin but never had a problem with their wifi
cards.

Seconded. Their routers are piles of crap...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) May 23rd 07, 03:58 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 20
Posted By Conor
Cannot access shares on PC that is connected by wireless

In article ,
Martin Underwood says...

OK..Assuming you've made sure file and print sharing is listed in the
exceptions of the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100