Showing results 1 to 25 of 99
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Anton G˙sen
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 12th 05, 02:44 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 15
Posted By Anton G˙sen
Moving from BT considering Plus.Net but what is fair use downloadlimit?

John Perry wrote:

I am with BT Openworld and I do not like the Yahoo "extras". I am
considering moving to PlusNet but I cannot find out what their fair use
download limit is. Any comments?

Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) February 12th 05, 02:20 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 15
Posted By Anton G˙sen
Strange IP routing (?)

Dave J wrote:

The thing I would find worrying is that packets are finding their way back
to Anton's network. It's (as you say) fairly normal for ISPs to let you
route _to_ their private...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) February 12th 05, 02:16 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 15
Posted By Anton G˙sen
Strange IP routing (?) - an answer

The following was posted by a member of NDO staff on the NDO user's
message board:........

Hello,

The 192.168.x.y addresses are management interfaces for the odd piece of
NDO kit, only available...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) February 11th 05, 10:48 AM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 15
Posted By Anton G˙sen
Strange IP routing (?)

Alex Fraser wrote:

It's not really relevant, but in this case UBR stands for Universal
Broadband Router, which is what Cisco call their CMTS (Cable Modem
Termination System) equipment. In...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) February 11th 05, 10:38 AM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 15
Posted By Anton G˙sen
Strange IP routing (?)

Anton G˙sen wrote:

This is what I'm trying to say, it's not another network because (a) the
access point doesn't work and (b) my PCI wireless NIC doesn't detect any
wireless networks in...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) February 11th 05, 10:37 AM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 15
Posted By Anton G˙sen
Strange IP routing (?)

wrote:

UBR is not related to the actual question.
What Anton is facing is actually a neighbor who has access to those
networks with WEP disabled. Anton - see whether you...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) February 10th 05, 09:14 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 15
Posted By Anton G˙sen
Strange IP routing (?)

mikeFNB wrote:

don't know about BT but NTL have UBR's etc on theirs
so arnt they the same think but for BT?

mike

Sorry to sound like a dickhead but what's a UBR?
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) February 10th 05, 07:49 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 15
Posted By Anton G˙sen
Strange IP routing (?)

I've posted this to the NDO user forum but I might as well post it here
as well.........

Please help me understand what is going on as I am going to lose sleep
if I don't get an explaination to...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 8th 05, 09:50 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 5
Posted By Anton G˙sen
Bored of broadband

zardoz wrote:

Yeah I've never tried online gaming - I think it must be a
generational thing. I ought to give it a go...

Although it's great, it's addictive. Because it's great. If you like...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 8th 05, 08:38 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 5
Posted By Anton G˙sen
Bored of broadband

Zardoz wrote:

Half of this article is good but the other half is absolute toss.

P2P is not possible without broadband, my ****in' arse!

And I...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 7th 05, 07:40 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 1
Posted By Anton G˙sen
ADSL newbie question

Newshound wrote:
I've a FairAdsl account which has been running very nicely (two machines
wireless to a 3Com router/modem, plus one wired) for a couple of months.

However, today every other...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) February 1st 05, 02:12 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 522
Posted By Anton G˙sen
PN at it again (Another of my rants!)

Sean wrote:

Anyway.. next time you want to download 20Gb of pron... go read a book
instead. ;)

It'll expand your mind.

I'd rather download the pr0n and expand a different part of my body.
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 3rd 05, 04:19 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 10
Posted By Anton G˙sen
Werid Problem

Trent wrote:
I've recently got adsl for my home pc, and ive noticed when i get an
incoming call, i lose my connection from the internet,
I've got a microfilter,
Could anyone suggest where...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 1st 05, 08:10 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 67
Posted By Anton G˙sen
Best Firewall

Greg Hennessy wrote:
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 21:20:16 +0000, Anton G˙sen
wrote:

Not bad! If I get my box efficient enough I'll have it on...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 1st 05, 01:44 AM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.adverts.computer,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 9
Posted By Anton G˙sen
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111oneoneone

Stuffed wrote:
You know what I really hate about this time of year? As in, really really
hate?

When you're trying to avoid the whole ******* thing, and you think "what the
hell, a computer...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 1st 05, 01:33 AM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.adverts.computer,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 9
Posted By Anton G˙sen
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111oneoneone

recursor wrote:

Not bad, 25 seconds :)

25 minutes you mean! LOL!
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 1st 05, 12:25 AM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.adverts.computer,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 9
Posted By Anton G˙sen
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111oneoneone

As header,

H A P P Y N E W Y E A R !!!!!!!!!!! ! ! ! !

(I would make an HTML post in some massive font but it'd be frowned upon)
I don't know about you lot but I certainly hope 2005 is better...
Forum: uk.comp.home-networking (UK home networking) December 30th 04, 11:35 PM Posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Replies: 14
Posted By Anton G˙sen
Building a router

Stroller wrote:

I wasn't aware Linux-compatible PCI ADSL-modems were available. Are they
easily available in the UK? From where, please?

The Conexant ones are, and have been around for ages....
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 30th 04, 09:24 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 67
Posted By Anton G˙sen
Best Firewall

robert w hall wrote:

In article , robert w hall
writes

It's worked very well, though the disk has filled up with logs,...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 30th 04, 09:20 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 67
Posted By Anton G˙sen
Best Firewall

Greg Hennessy wrote:

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 04:08:00 +0000, Anton G˙sen
wrote:

I think so, I think it comes up "invalid CPU frequency" or...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 30th 04, 04:08 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 67
Posted By Anton G˙sen
Best Firewall

Greg Hennessy wrote:

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:54:42 +0000, Anton G˙sen
wrote:

Greg Hennessy wrote:

Strange, most motherboards of that era...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 29th 04, 07:54 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 67
Posted By Anton G˙sen
Best Firewall

Greg Hennessy wrote:

Strange, most motherboards of that era could run the bus at 66 as well as
100.

Yeah, it does support the Slot 1 Celerons @ 66mhz FSB, but it
auto-detects what kind of...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 29th 04, 03:18 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 67
Posted By Anton G˙sen
Best Firewall

Anton G˙sen wrote:

Alas, it only support underclocking!

That should have read:

"Alas, it only supports overclocking!".

For Pete's sake....
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 29th 04, 03:14 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 67
Posted By Anton G˙sen
Best Firewall

Greg Hennessy wrote:

You'd be better off downclocking the 350 to 66 or even 50mhz bus from 100
if the board supports it.

Alas, it only support underclocking!

Your local fair should have...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 28th 04, 09:35 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 67
Posted By Anton G˙sen
Best Firewall

Greg Hennessy wrote:

If your BIOS can boot from it, it shouldnt be an issue. DD the flash image
onto it.

No chance, it's an old Slot 1 motherboard running a PII 350 (complete
overkill but...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 99