Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 35.64 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Woody
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 20th 12, 09:00 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 118
Posted By Woody
Loss of Freeview Channels with 4G Mobile

"alexd" wrote in message
Tim+ (for it is he) wrote:

I think he was referring to the pre-Y2K hysteria and how, at
the end of
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 19th 12, 09:55 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 118
Posted By Woody
Loss of Freeview Channels with 4G Mobile

[snip]
Well they should able to cope with that sort of channel spacing
PMR
equipment does. What shouldn't happen is another TX go out of
params
that much and be left like...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 19th 12, 09:49 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 118
Posted By Woody
Loss of Freeview Channels with 4G Mobile

"Steve Terry" wrote in message
Woody wrote:
I just can't seem to get 'Y2K' out of my mind.
I wonder why?

I'm wondering why you're...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 18th 12, 10:28 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 118
Posted By Woody
Loss of Freeview Channels with 4G Mobile

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Yes. Nothing very exciting. A few people will be affected if
they...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 18th 12, 05:51 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 18th 12, 01:50 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 118
Posted By Woody
Loss of Freeview Channels with 4G Mobile

I seem to remember that TACS used about 25 watts per channel,
at the
base stations. That was for a low speed channel with
symmetric rates.
That's about what I would expect running on...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 17th 12, 10:44 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 118
Posted By Woody
Loss of Freeview Channels with 4G Mobile

[snip]

what is the point of making them Megawatt level when what they
connect to has at best a 1W device in it to reply with?

[snip]

It is called reciprocity and is something that is being...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 17th 12, 10:40 PM Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 118
Posted By Woody
Loss of Freeview Channels with 4G Mobile

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
Jim Lesurf wrote:

Unless there is a 4g mast directly between you and the TV
transmitter its...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 10th 12, 07:46 PM Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 27
Posted By Woody
Vodafone - if you don't make enough calls then you'll get cut off

"Peter Able" [email protected] wrote in message

"CJB" wrote in message
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 29th 12, 08:01 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 31
Posted By Woody
Sam Knows not as good maybe as it used to be.

"David" wrote in message
I'm with Be Unlimited at present and the deal I had negotiated
with expires in a month I looked at Sam Knows...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) October 22nd 12, 08:41 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 18
Posted By Woody
Has anyone got the Sipgate Android App working on Vodafone?

"Chris Davies" wrote in message
Chris Davies wrote:
I'll have a try with the Sipgate app itself...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) October 19th 12, 09:19 PM Posted to uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 8
Posted By Woody
Any good multi account SIP Softphone ?

"Dave" wrote in message
Hello, I'm looking for a (FREE) SIP softphone with the ability
to use different accounts 7, I used to use Xten...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 1st 12, 11:42 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Replies: 18
Posted By Woody
Master socket question

"Graham." wrote in message
On Mon, 1 Oct 2012 20:10:33 +0100, "Woody"
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 1st 12, 09:10 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
Replies: 18
Posted By Woody
Master socket question

Clarify please. Are you connecting directly to the incoming BT
line which also has the PABX attached to it, or are you trying to
run it off an extension? You also mention a 'dropped connection:'...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) September 26th 12, 08:16 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 23
Posted By Woody
Problem With Broadband Disconnecting

"Mr Simon" wrote in message
Hi all,

Would appreciate any input on the following!

A friend is having repeated...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 24th 12, 07:38 PM Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 19
Posted By Woody
Massive Merger of Orange and T-Mobile to Everywhere

[snip]
4: Orange & T-Mobile at the moment, isn't a site share per se,
but full national roaming with handovers. The end result to Joe
Public is the same, though.

Regards
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 24th 12, 06:41 PM Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 19
Posted By Woody
Massive Merger of Orange and T-Mobile to Everywhere

"George Weston" wrote in message
On 24/08/2012 00:55, Phil W Lee wrote:
"R. Mark ...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 23rd 12, 08:36 AM Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 19
Posted By Woody
Massive Merger of Orange and T-Mobile to Everywhere

Going back to the original, I at least am already starting to see
the effects of the merger. Overlaid sites - i.e. those on the
same site that have similar coverage - are being taken out
resulting...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 10th 12, 09:18 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 51
Posted By Woody
Router/thermostat interference?

"Ian Jackson" wrote in
message ...
In message , The Natural
Philosopher...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 9th 12, 10:48 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 13
Posted By Woody
Problems with ntlworld outgoing mail anyone?

"kraftee" wrote in message

"Woody" wrote in message
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) August 9th 12, 10:14 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 13
Posted By Woody
Problems with ntlworld outgoing mail anyone?

Any of you out there with a ntlworld.com e-mail account using
smtp.ntlworld.com as the outgoing mail server and having problems
sending?

I am using the same settings I have used for at least two...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 31st 12, 08:12 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 70
Posted By Woody
Download Limits and 'Fair' Usage Policies

Its nothing to do with making money per se.

ISP's have spent a lot of time getting the ADSL/cable speed up
but have spent little or nothing on background infrastructure.
From what I see whilst we...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 19th 12, 09:45 PM Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 14
Posted By Woody
Frequent internet disconnections

You would be better to ask this at uk.telecom.broadband where you
will get good help from people who really do understand what they
are talking about. I have taken the liberty of cross-posting it...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) July 3rd 12, 09:30 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 62
Posted By Woody
Plusnet - Just Plusnet

wrote in message
I noted several threads on this NG in June 2012 [ which I didn't
read]
with headers along the lines of...
Forum: uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) May 23rd 12, 12:04 AM Posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.voip
Replies: 0
Posted By Woody
Nokia C3-01

My employer has just given me one of the above phones on Orange
business.

I have a VoIP account that I would like to install on the phone
so that I can use it through wi-fi when away on hols....
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100