Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chris Green
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 30th 18, 04:34 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 42
Posted By Chris Green
BT [Yahoo!] servers screwed yet again

R. Mark Clayton wrote:
For this to have happened as the norm as part of IoT,
everyone needs fixed IP addresses. Now all of those investments
have to be redone...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 24th 18, 09:58 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 35
Posted By Chris Green
John Lewis Broadband versus TalkTalk for VDSL/FTTC (traffic shaping)

Chris wrote:

Plusnet are really BT, but the monkey not the organ grinder. Once you
are in they will treat you like **** just like BT do.

Been with them...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 4th 18, 12:13 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 6
Posted By Chris Green
Packet loss seems to have increased, how to diagnose?

Brian Gregory wrote:
On 22/03/2015 10:57, wrote:
wrote:
My son and I both felt recently that "the internet seemed a bit...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 22nd 17, 10:48 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 34
Posted By Chris Green
Strange call from "BT" asking me to turn off my router

Vir Campestris wrote:
On 20/12/2017 19:44, Mark Carver wrote:

I wonder what happens on FTTP connections ? My lad has just
gone live with his. He gets...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 22nd 17, 10:46 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 34
Posted By Chris Green
Strange call from "BT" asking me to turn off my router

Tim+ wrote:
Mark Carver wrote:
On 21/12/2017 16:52, Tim+ wrote:

Does this not remove your ability (or at least moral right!) to
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 21st 17, 08:00 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 34
Posted By Chris Green
Strange call from "BT" asking me to turn off my router

Tim+ wrote:
Mark Carver Wrote in message:
On 20/12/2017 12:22, Martin Brown wrote:

Strictly speaking the BT "FON" service means...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 16th 17, 11:54 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 15
Posted By Chris Green
VDSL router reccomendations...

Dick wrote:
On 15-Dec-17 7:56 PM, Graham J wrote:
Jim Jackson wrote:

There's no reasonably priced alternative that is easy to drive.

Yes there is, the...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 15th 17, 09:38 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 15
Posted By Chris Green
VDSL router reccomendations...

Graham J wrote:
Jim Jackson wrote:
Hi, I'm moving to FTTC and my new ISP has sent me a Technicolor TG588v v2
router. I'm a bit disappointed with it, and was wondering...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 13th 17, 05:16 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 14
Posted By Chris Green
Plusnet DNS settings tip

Graham J wrote:
Plusnet Support Team wrote:
On 13/12/2017 13:24, Tim+ wrote:
We've had Plusnet FTTC for over a year now and whilst things seem to stream
okay,...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 12th 17, 02:53 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 82
Posted By Chris Green
Plusnet Router and local networking problems

Andy Burns wrote:
Clive Page wrote:

Martin Brown wrote:

routers [...] will automatically bind MAC address to a particular
IP address when they first see...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 12th 17, 02:52 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 82
Posted By Chris Green
Plusnet Router and local networking problems

Clive Page wrote:
On 12/12/2017 08:47, Chris wrote:
Just as a counterpoint I upgraded to fibre with plusnet yesterday and I'm
quite surprised at how well their router...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 9th 17, 11:45 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 82
Posted By Chris Green
Plusnet Router and local networking problems

Clive Page wrote:
On 08/12/2017 11:33, Martin Brown wrote:

A fair proportion (not all) of the routers I have had will automatically
bind MAC address to a particular IP...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 7th 17, 09:53 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 82
Posted By Chris Green
Plusnet Router and local networking problems

Graham J wrote:

Some printers (notably Brother) can configure their drivers by "Node
name" rather than IP address. This means that the printer's IP address
is not...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 6th 17, 06:07 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 82
Posted By Chris Green
Plusnet Router and local networking problems

Clive Page wrote:
On 05/12/2017 08:51, Chris Green wrote:
I finally bit the bullet and bought a (secondhand) Draytek Vigor 2860n
and that 'just works' with no issues at...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 5th 17, 09:51 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 82
Posted By Chris Green
Plusnet Router and local networking problems

Bob Henson wrote:
Clive Page wrote:

I'm tempted to switch back to the old router (which may or may not have
problems of stability) or alternatively try another...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 4th 17, 12:48 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 12
Posted By Chris Green
Maximum upload and download speeds on FTTC

7 wrote:
Chris Green wrote:

The maximum speed of fake fibre FTTC is the same speed as ADSL.

What bit of that do you need further clarification on?
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 3rd 17, 11:34 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband

7 wrote:
Chris Green wrote:

The maximum speed of fake fibre FTTC is the same speed as ADSL.

What bit of that do you need further clarification on?

Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 3rd 17, 10:29 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 21
Posted By Chris Green
Upgrade to plusnet fibre - router question

Chris wrote:
Clive Page wrote:
On 03/12/2017 11:44, chris wrote:

I've been offered an interesting deal to move to fibre from ADSL -
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 3rd 17, 10:27 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 24
Posted By Chris Green
BBC News: Hotel's shock at 80,000 superfast broadband quote

7 wrote:
R. Mark Clayton wrote:

On Saturday, 2 December 2017 14:30:40 UTC, MB wrote:
On the BBC News website, the hotel seems to want BT or other broadband
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 3rd 17, 10:26 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband

7 wrote:

The maximum speed of fake fibre FTTC is the same speed as ADSL.

What bit of that do you need further clarification on?

Where on earth you got your stupid...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 3rd 17, 06:07 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 12
Posted By Chris Green
Maximum upload and download speeds on FTTC

Andy Burns wrote:
Chris Green wrote:

Line Statistics
Downstream Upstream
Actual Rate 39998 Kbps 9999 ...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 3rd 17, 11:43 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 12
Posted By Chris Green
Maximum upload and download speeds on FTTC

We are in the happy position of being fairly close to a new FTTC
cabinet even though we're out in the wilds of rural suffolk.

Currently I'm on the 'standard' PlusNet fibre deal which gives me
40Mb/s...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 16th 17, 03:15 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 6
Posted By Chris Green
Draytek Vigor 2820n WiFi failure, fixed by reboot

Woody wrote:
Given the comments there is a simple solution: get a TP-Link WR702N to
replace the Draytek. It will cost you about 16 from Expensive World
and work as...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 16th 17, 03:12 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 6
Posted By Chris Green
Draytek Vigor 2820n WiFi failure, fixed by reboot

Graham J wrote:
Chris Green wrote:
I have a venerable Draytek Vigor 2820n which is now serving simply as
a WiFi router at the far end of my house to provide coverage...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 16th 17, 12:23 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 48
Posted By Chris Green
FTTP: New Build Home

Mark Carver wrote:
On 16/10/2017 02:07, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 12/10/17 16:38, tim... wrote:
[snip]

I looked at moving to a place that had virgin cable...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100