Showing results 1 to 25 of 51
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: David Hearn
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) January 22nd 04, 12:27 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 12
Posted By David Hearn
NTL install on Friday - Advice wanted

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Nozza wrote:
Mum is getting NTL Broadband installed at her home on Friday.

My advice, avoid NTL like te plague.....

I was with them, it was horrendous, ****...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 18th 03, 11:27 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 5
Posted By David Hearn
2TB per day news ??

"Draxen" wrote in message
Zen's latest excuse for the current state of their news server is that it
was...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 11th 03, 03:53 PM Posted to uk.adverts.computer,uk.adverts.other,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 9
Posted By David Hearn
FS: Networking Bits

"Zane Wilson" wrote in message
In article ,
David Hearn ...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 10th 03, 03:40 PM Posted to uk.adverts.computer,uk.adverts.other,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 9
Posted By David Hearn
FS: Networking Bits

I ordered a MMC card from them and then found that it was too slow for my
camera (videos would stutter due to not being able to record fast enough).
I ordered a SD card instead from them, completed...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 10th 03, 10:20 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.comp.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By David Hearn
USB2 Hub, Printer and Broadband

"turbo" wrote in message
"David Hearn" wrote in...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) December 9th 03, 12:02 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.comp.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By David Hearn
USB2 Hub, Printer and Broadband

A USB port is only able to provide 500mA to each socket (or is it per
controller which can control 2(?) ports?). I could be wrong, but multiple
unpowered devices tend to be a problem with unpowered...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 19th 03, 12:59 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 12
Posted By David Hearn
NTL broadband con

"Informer" wrote in message
So what's the difference between NTL's basic broadband service and BT's. I
tell you its...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 7th 03, 01:35 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 4
Posted By David Hearn
cann't ping the static ip

Okay....

You have a server which is on the VPN lan with IP 10.0.0.6 but also has a
static, public IP. When you connect to the VPN, you can no longer
ping/access that public static IP.

When you're...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 7th 03, 12:53 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 4
Posted By David Hearn
cann't ping the static ip

"lenny" wrote in message
Hi,
When I (client) am connected to the VPN (I am having problems setting it
up)
I...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) November 4th 03, 04:14 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 6
Posted By David Hearn
Telewest resolution switching

"jayts88" wrote in message
On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 19:39:57 +0000, Silk wrote:

An example of the confusion...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 28th 03, 12:41 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 7
Posted By David Hearn
OT (almost) : Tiscali broadband referral scheme ..... pucker?

"HamMan" wrote in message
snip tiscali crap

As a Broadband Campaigner, i get millions of these from...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 22nd 03, 10:47 AM Posted to uk.comp.misc,uk.comp.security,uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 27
Posted By David Hearn
CCTV over internet

"Alien Zord" wrote in message
"TX2" wrote in message
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 22nd 03, 10:38 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 7
Posted By David Hearn
PlusNet

"Webmaster" wrote in message
PhilÅ reckoned that:
Have found PlusNet £19 PCM 512K, but have noticed the below...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 21st 03, 11:05 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 7
Posted By David Hearn
PlusNet

"PhilÅ" wrote in message
Having loads and loads of problems with NTL BB, have been with them over
12
months so looking...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 9th 03, 11:14 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 8
Posted By David Hearn
Newbie question on bandwidth

"Alastair" wrote in message
"David Hearn" wrote in message
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 9th 03, 01:36 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 8
Posted By David Hearn
Newbie question on bandwidth

"Alastair" wrote in message
"eusty" wrote in message
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 3rd 03, 04:49 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 11
Posted By David Hearn
GX Networks buying Pipex ?

"DevilDog" wrote in message
On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 13:12:46 +0100, Andy Jenkins

Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 3rd 03, 01:46 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 3
Posted By David Hearn
NTL modem alternatives???

"Dan" wrote in message

"Brian McIlwrath" wrote in message
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 3rd 03, 01:44 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 11
Posted By David Hearn
GX Networks buying Pipex ?

"Andy Jenkins" wrote in message
Hey all,

A story has broken today that I've not heard before. Maybe I've...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 2nd 03, 02:57 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 20
Posted By David Hearn
Pipex and BT really did it this time

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message

"David Hearn" wrote in message
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 2nd 03, 12:48 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 20
Posted By David Hearn
Pipex and BT really did it this time

"RichardH" [email protected]|NO SPAM THANKS|wasitgood4u.co.uk wrote in message
From Xmas I ran a campaign to bring broadband to my area and finally in
June
we...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 2nd 03, 11:33 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 13
Posted By David Hearn
Line too long would ordering a new line help?

"Dave" wrote in message
Hello,

I live about 3km from the exchange but apparantly my line is around 7km in
length. The odd...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 2nd 03, 11:23 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Dave" wrote in message
Hello,

I live about 3km from the exchange but apparantly my line is around 7km in
length. The odd...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 1st 03, 12:15 PM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.media.broadband
Replies: 4
Posted By David Hearn
Plusnet subscription due for renewal - what to do?

"Julian Knight" ] wrote in message
From David Hearn:

Also, for an automated profiling system to...
Forum: uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) October 1st 03, 11:18 AM Posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Replies: 7
Posted By David Hearn
SMTP on BT Broadband

"Robin" wrote in message
OK, a buddy called me tonight regarding his new connection to BT
Broadband,
haveing just realised...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 51