Sipgate im Vereinigtes Konigreich und Brexit

Old May 21st 18, 02:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
DrTeeth

Default Sipgate im Vereinigtes Konigreich und Brexit

On Sun, 20 May 2018 14:09:47 -0400, just as I was about to take a
herb, "Anthony R. Gold" disturbed my reverie
and wrote:

I believe you misunderstood the point of that post. EHIC cards are/were
unconditionally available to all however people past a certain age and/or
with pre-existing medical conditions likely have no affordable access to
private health insurance such as that included in travel policies.

They are next to useless which is why travel insurance is also needed.
Say you break your leg and go to the local state run hospital. Your
leg is plastered and it sticks up like an arm at the Nuremberg rally.
I doubt that person would be allowed on a regular flight like that so
how are they going to afford their extra stay or an air ambulance. I
can think of many medical situations where yes, or can get treatment,
but have to either stay in the country for a long time* or pay
thousands for an air ambulance.

*Hotels will invariably charge more for any room used after the
scheduled departure date, assuming that they have one free.
--
Cheers,

DrT

"If you want to find out what is wrong