Plusnet regrade from ADSL to FTTC

Old November 8th 18, 10:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clive Page

Default Plusnet regrade from ADSL to FTTC

On 08/11/2018 08:44, Andy Burns wrote:

The actual bill download doesn't seem to set a MIME type, just called "$STANDARD" with no file extension, hence it's not automatically associated with my PDF viewer.

That's exactly what I get. I don't use the Firefox built in PDF viewer as it's so awful, but can use either Acrobat or Sumatra. Neither of these works unless I download and then use a rename option to add the PDF extension. Plusnet could have done that, and I've suggested it in the forum at least 3 times, but they don't take any notice of what users post there.

Initially their system was even worse, Firefox just hung when you selected "view my bill" - and it still does that for a time, but if you wait for minute or two it usually works. I think their servers just aren't beefy enough to serve their customer base. I suppose I may stay with them a bit longer as their broadband seems to work as advertised, but whey don't they realise that the user interface for the billing system is so terrible it really puts people off.

--
Clive Page
Old November 8th 18, 10:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
bert

In article , Clive Page
writes
[...]

Just checked mine Firefox 63.0.1 32 bit on W7 and it downloads in pdf OK
No need to rename to read in Acrobat.
The new billing system seems fine to me.
--
bert
Old November 9th 18, 09:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver[_2_]

On 08/11/2018 21:56, bert wrote:

Just checked mine Firefox 63.0.1 32 bit on W7 and it downloads in pdf OK
No need to rename to read in Acrobat.
The new billing system seems fine to me.

All I get is

'There has been an issue; please consult your system administrator'

Firefox 64.0b7

I rarely download any bills, I just go by the amount they quote in an
automated email on my billing reset day, it never changes, and it's
always what gets taken

--
Mark
Old November 9th 18, 07:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clive Page

On 08/11/2018 21:56, bert wrote:
Just checked mine Firefox 63.0.1 32 bit on W7 and it downloads in pdf OK No need to rename to read in Acrobat.

Do you have Firefox set up to read PDF documents in-line or to invoke an external reader? That seems to be a critical difference? For those of use who chose the latter option, it never works.

The new billing system seems fine to me.

That's good, but doesn't alter the fact that there have been now 423 messages in the forum on the topic, plus another 132 messages on another topic also complaining about changes to the billing system.

--
Clive Page