WiFi dongle driver please

Old May 21st 20, 03:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
scbs29

Default WiFi dongle driver please

Hello all
I hae been given a USB WiFi dongle to replace my Netgear WPN111. The
only writing on the new dongle is WiFi AC 600M Wireless USB adaptor.
On searching Amazon for dongles the picture of the

XVZ USB WiFi dongle for PC 600Mbps dual band 2.4GHz/5GHz fast high
gain antenna 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless network adapter

shows a dongle identical to the one I have been given. I do not,
however, have the driver disc.
Trying xvz.com and xvz.co.uk shows both domains for sale.
I have searched but cannot find an driver for the XVZ.
Can anyone help ?

--
remove fred before emailing
Old May 21st 20, 04:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Theo[_2_]

scbs29 wrote:
Hello all
I hae been given a USB WiFi dongle to replace my Netgear WPN111. The
only writing on the new dongle is WiFi AC 600M Wireless USB adaptor.
On searching Amazon for dongles the picture of the

I assume you're on Windows? Does it not auto search for them?

Otherwise, find out the vendor and product ID:
https://superuser.com/questions/1106...r-a-usb-device

and then search for drivers for those.

It's probably an Atheros / Ralink / Realtek / Broadcom wifi chip inside - if
you can find the model number of the chip by searching the IDs you can look
for drivers for that chip from the chip vendor.

Theo
Old May 21st 20, 04:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Brown[_2_]

On 21/05/2020 15:36, scbs29 wrote:
Hello all
I hae been given a USB WiFi dongle to replace my Netgear WPN111. The
only writing on the new dongle is WiFi AC 600M Wireless USB adaptor.
On searching Amazon for dongles the picture of the

XVZ USB WiFi dongle for PC 600Mbps dual band 2.4GHz/5GHz fast high
gain antenna 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless network adapter

If you just plug it in does plug and pray not go and find a suitable
generic driver for it? Or are you on some ancient OS?

shows a dongle identical to the one I have been given. I do not,
however, have the driver disc.
Trying xvz.com and xvz.co.uk shows both domains for sale.
I have searched but cannot find an driver for the XVZ.
Can anyone help ?

There are XVZ drivers on the net but I can't vouch for their
authenticity. Obvious Google keywords will find them.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old May 21st 20, 05:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
scbs29

Thankyou for your reply.
From the URL that you referenced:

Device Manager shows: 802.11ac NIC
Device manager- Properties - Details - Hardware IDs shows
USB\VID_0BDA&PID_C811&REV_0200
USB\VID_0BDA&PID_C811

USBDeview shows:
Device Name: Port#0004.Hub_#0008
Device type: Vendor Specific
Connected: No
Safe to Unplug: No
Disabled: No
USB Hub: No
Serial Number: 123456
Created Date: 21/05/2020
Last Plug/Unplug: 21/05/2020
VendorID: 0bda
ProductID: c811
Firmware Revision: 2.00
USB Class: ff
USB Subclass: ff

VendorID 0bda seems to refer to Realtek. I went to their website and
all that they offered was a DriverFinder which would not install.

--
remove fred before emailing
Old May 22nd 20, 12:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Theo[_2_]

scbs29 wrote:
Thankyou for your reply.
From the URL that you referenced:

Device Manager shows: 802.11ac NIC
Device manager- Properties - Details - Hardware IDs shows
USB\VID_0BDA&PID_C811&REV_0200
USB\VID_0BDA&PID_C811

If I google VID_0BDA PID_C811 it says it's a Realtek RTL8811CU.
The Windows driver is he

https://www.realtek.com/en/component...811cu-software

Theo
Old May 22nd 20, 03:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
scbs29

Thanks for the replies.
All searches with Google or DuckDuckGo for the dongle led to either
Amazon or Ebay to buy it.
Searching for drivers from the URLs below led to two choices. The
first one informed me that it did not support my o/s
(Win 7 Pro 64-bit) and after installing the other driver I was
informed that the driver could not be found on rebooting.

I have now decided to actually buy a new dongle and see how that goes.

On Thu, 21 May 2020 14:49:10 -0400, "Anthony R. Gold"
wrote:

On Thu, 21 May 2020 15:36:47 +0100, scbs29 wrote:

Hello all
I hae been given a USB WiFi dongle to replace my Netgear WPN111. The
only writing on the new dongle is WiFi AC 600M Wireless USB adaptor.
On searching Amazon for dongles the picture of the

XVZ USB WiFi dongle for PC 600Mbps dual band 2.4GHz/5GHz fast high
gain antenna 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless network adapter

shows a dongle identical to the one I have been given. I do not,
however, have the driver disc.
Trying xvz.com and xvz.co.uk shows both domains for sale.
I have searched but cannot find an driver for the XVZ.
Can anyone help ?

https://www.amazon.com/XVZ-Adapter-W.../dp/B07QC3XQHW

says that the driver is available he

https://xvz.oss-us-west-1.aliyuncs.c...ni_600Mbps.rar