Extending FTTC from a master socket

Old Yesterday, 09:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Vir Campestris

Default Extending FTTC from a master socket

On 19/05/2018 20:56, Roderick Stewart wrote:
My guess is that the internet and phone equipment would probably end
up wherever the electricity meter is placed, as it would be tidiest to
keep all the gubbins together, except for anything that for some
technical reason has to go somewhere else, e.g. a wireless point.

That's exactly where he wants to put it

As for the ducting, it should be supplied by the builders with
drawstrings, so that the customers can install what they want. The
first computer network I ever saw - not that long ago - used a pair of
coaxial cables from a central server to each workstation, then there
was a system with a single coaxial cable looped round all the
workstations, then there was 10Mb/s Ethernet, then 100Mb/s, then
Gigabit, all within about half a human lifetime, so who knows what
will be next or how soon it will be here

.... and he's installing ducting too. I'll have to ask if his photos are
available for public viewing.

Andy