=?UTF-8?Q?Sipgate_im_Vereinigtes_K=C3=B6nigreich_und_Bre xit?=

Old May 6th 18, 06:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
DrTeeth

Default Sipgate im Vereinigtes Konigreich und Brexit

On Sun, 06 May 2018 14:38:48 +0100, just as I was about to take a
herb, Me disturbed my reverie and wrote:

So you'll ignore things such as:

Workers' rights such as paid annual leave, maternity leave, equal pay
and parental leave.

Cheap flights

No roaming charges

Food labeling

Cleaner beaches, air and water

European health care

Freedom of movement for Brits to work abroad

Health & Safety

Trade agreements

Support for farmers and for regeneration of places like Wales

Peace in Western Europe

Sure there are a few bad things about the EU, no one is denying it, but
the benefits of being in the EU vastly outweigh the negatives.

Funnily enough our own elected government can deal with workers'
rights etc etc, which I am not against. They can also legislate for
food labeling, trade agreements etc. Peace in Europe? Right, WW3 will
break out the moment we leave. It would not break out if the EU fell
to bits.

Cheap Flights? Is that the level of your "wants"? The country will
save so much money being out we will ALL be better off.

Sure there are a few bad things about the EU, no one is denying it, but
the benefits of being in the EU vastly outweigh the negatives.

That sir, is pure misguided pap. I want the hardest Brexit possible.
The British markets are so important, the German Chancellor and
another EU leader have been telling the EU not to be so difficult with
us as THEY are worried about what they would lose, We don't need them,
but they need us.
--
Cheers,

DrT

"If you want to find out what is wrong
with democracy, spend five minutes with
the average voter." - Winston Churchill
Old May 6th 18, 06:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
DrTeeth

On Sun, 6 May 2018 07:18:01 -0700 (PDT), just as I was about to take a
herb, "R. Mark Clayton" disturbed my reverie
and wrote:

That's funny, I thought we had elections to the European parliament every five years since 1979. I even seem to remember standing three times and one of my friends getting elected.

The EU commission is unelected and does NOT operate under the control
of the parliament.

Old May 6th 18, 06:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
DrTeeth

On Sun, 06 May 2018 12:03:34 -0400, just as I was about to take a
herb, "Anthony R. Gold" disturbed my reverie
and wrote:

I am posting this with Agent 2.0 through another ISP.

I have posted in the Agent NG and see what they say. Will report back
if you are interested if my settings are changed to allow unchanged
subject posts in this thread.

Old May 8th 18, 12:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Me

Funnily enough our own elected government can deal with workers'
rights etc etc, which I am not against. They can also legislate for
food labeling, trade agreements etc. Peace in Europe? Right, WW3 will
break out the moment we leave. It would not break out if the EU fell
to bits.

Funnily enough no UK government ever did bring in workers' rights - it
took the EU to lead the way.

Cheap Flights? Is that the level of your "wants"? The country will
save so much money being out we will ALL be better off.

Better off? You sir are deluded if you seriously think that. I look
forward to the additional 350M per week to the NHS. All the leavers I
have seen are now backing away from that side of a bus promise. If you
seriously think that we will be financially better off than if we stayed
in, then you are alone. I have not heard a single Brexiteer say that.
All we hear are that we are going to get great trade deals. These deals
take 10+ years to agree and ratify, and why should our biggest trading
partner (the EU) give us a better deal than we have now. That makes
absolutely no sense, and please don't use the argument that they need us
more than we need them as that is plain ludicrous. We are minnows on our
own.

You conveniently forgot to reply on the EHIC issue. Any Brits with a
recurring illness will no longer be able to afford to go to Europe and
get free health care, so all that will now fall on the NHS. Brillaint!

That sir, is pure misguided pap. I want the hardest Brexit possible.
The British markets are so important, the German Chancellor and
another EU leader have been telling the EU not to be so difficult with
us as THEY are worried about what they would lose, We don't need them,
but they need us.

The fact that EVERY impartial scenario demonstrate that we will be worse
of with any kind of deal or no deal, means nothing to you then.

The problem with Brexiteers is that they cannot listen to a valid
argument as they have no sensible response.

Old Yesterday, 09:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
DrTeeth

On Tue, 08 May 2018 12:05:38 +0100, just as I was about to take a
herb, Me disturbed my reverie and wrote:

You conveniently forgot to reply on the EHIC issue. Any Brits with a
recurring illness will no longer be able to afford to go to Europe and
get free health care, so all that will now fall on the NHS. Brillaint!

You still need travel health insurance with that card. Not having that
card will only make a difference to those who chose not to take out
insurance. There is no way for health costs incurred abroad to be
claimed back from the NHS.

The above just shows your level of mis-understanding on the topic.

Old Yesterday, 07:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Anthony R. Gold

The author has marked this message not to be archived. This post will be deleted on May 27, 2018.

On Sun, 20 May 2018 09:44:28 +0100, DrTeeth wrote:

On Tue, 08 May 2018 12:05:38 +0100, just as I was about to take a
herb, Me disturbed my reverie and wrote:

You conveniently forgot to reply on the EHIC issue. Any Brits with a
recurring illness will no longer be able to afford to go to Europe and
get free health care, so all that will now fall on the NHS. Brillaint!

You still need travel health insurance with that card. Not having that
card will only make a difference to those who chose not to take out
insurance. There is no way for health costs incurred abroad to be
claimed back from the NHS.

The above just shows your level of mis-understanding on the topic.

I believe you misunderstood the point of that post. EHIC cards are/were
unconditionally available to all however people past a certain age and/or
with pre-existing medical conditions likely have no affordable access to
private health insurance such as that included in travel policies.