Forcing Torrent files to download

Old July 8th 18, 07:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pete Zahut[_2_]

Default Forcing Torrent files to download

I've been downloading something (completely legal - not all torrents
are to do with piracy) for 4 DAYS 11 HOURS up to now.

The total size of the item is 23.3GB and I've got 21.7GB or 96.9% (got
2778 pieces of 2865).

Availability of said item is 1.969. Seeds = 1 of 1 connected (1 in
swarm), Peers = 2 of 5 connected (2 in swarm).

My current download speed is 0.8kB/s giving an ETA of 1 week and 1 day
to complete.

My share ratio is 1.965 and upload speed is well over 170kB/s.

Is there any way I can somehow force the last bit of my download?
Old July 8th 18, 09:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Vir Campestris

On 08/07/2018 19:18, Pete Zahut wrote:
I've been downloading something (completely legal - not all torrents are
to do with piracy) for 4 DAYS 11 HOURS up to now.

The total size of the item is 23.3GB and I've got 21.7GB or 96.9% (got
2778 pieces of 2865).

Availability of said item is 1.969. Seeds = 1 of 1 connected (1 in
swarm), Peers = 2 of 5 connected (2 in swarm).

My current download speed is 0.8kB/s giving an ETA of 1 week and 1 day
to complete.

My share ratio is 1.965 and upload speed is well over 170kB/s.

Is there any way I can somehow force the last bit of my download?

Last time I was torrenting anything I used Vuze. It has separate
throttles for up and down stream. You problem though is likely that the
last bit you want is only available on someone really slow - in which
case you're stuffed.

Andy

Old July 8th 18, 10:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7[_2_]

Pete Zahut wrote:

I've been downloading something (completely legal - not all torrents
are to do with piracy) for 4 DAYS 11 HOURS up to now.

The total size of the item is 23.3GB and I've got 21.7GB or 96.9% (got
2778 pieces of 2865).

Availability of said item is 1.969. Seeds = 1 of 1 connected (1 in
swarm), Peers = 2 of 5 connected (2 in swarm).

My current download speed is 0.8kB/s giving an ETA of 1 week and 1 day
to complete.

My share ratio is 1.965 and upload speed is well over 170kB/s.

Is there any way I can somehow force the last bit of my download?

You are being throttled by illegal policies for which you
should be able to sue your throttling company.

The data throttling has always been a feature of routers
so that high data rate lines are throttled for a few milliseconds
while the low data users get priority.
After the traffic is gone, you should be switched in milliseconds
to full bandwidth. Instead fskwits in management trolling plakskool
have learned that you are evil and must illegally throttle for days on end.

These fckwits have never set up routers or know how they
are supposed to work and are stealing your bandwidth intentionally and
illegally.