Master baiting with krone tool.. OOoo! I think its gettingbigger!

Old July 9th 18, 10:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MB[_2_]

Default Master baiting with krone tool.. OOoo! I think its gettingbigger!

On 09/07/2018 09:57, Graham J wrote:
MB wrote:
On 08/07/2018 21:23, Vir Campestris wrote:
I won't be going mobile any time soon. For a start they barely work
here, and not at all inside. And while I want to dump the copper we
have, BT supplied the fibre (GPON) which I want to keep.

I get really fed up with the number of radio and TV news programmes
that have to abandon interviews and reports "because of problems with
the line".* It is not "the line", it is trying to do the reports /
interviews over a mobile phone or VOIP connection.* Rarely happens
with proper landline connections.* It happens at least once on every
programme.

The broadcasters could easily solve this by simply having a policy of
only using landlines.* Connections to distant countries would still
experience delay and might have other problems but at least the audience
would understand.* Connections to a boat or plane would be introducted
as such, with a warning about the expected poor quality.

There are times obviously when they need the immediacy of a mobile phone
call but often the person is in their home or office so it is completely
unnecessary. Similarly when they use SKYPE, is anything gained by
seeing their face especially when their broadband connection is not
perfect, it is often a distraction because of it breaking up.