Plusnet call protect seems to help

Old July 8th 18, 12:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Java Jive

Default Plusnet call protect seems to help

On 06/07/2018 15:12, NY wrote:

JWs are particularly pernicious because they don't recognise a polite
"no thanks", nor a forceful "no", nor a blatant "please go away";
instead they try to put a verbal foot in the door and keep you going.
And it's harder to close the door than it is to put the phone down.

I'm god and omnipresent, but I pretend I'm not in ... it seems to work!-)
Old July 9th 18, 03:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark

On Fri, 6 Jul 2018 15:12:46 +0100, "NY" wrote:

"R. Mark Clayton" wrote in message
I had a pair of JWs knock. So I invited them in, sat them down and
offered tea and coffee.

Around forty years ago I kept two of them talking for a couple of hours
over a glass of wine - the more experience one eventually realised I was
taking the proverbial...

My grandma sometimes got a bit lonely, so if JWs called she would invite
them in for a chat. As well as giving her someone to talk to (and yes, she
probably would have done most of the talking!) she saw it as doing a favour
for her neighbours in keeping the JWs off the street.

My feeling is that *any* stranger (ie not friend, neighbour, colleague) who
contacts me out of the blue, whether it be by phone, email, text or at the
door, is an equal nuisance. It is irrelevant whether their intentions are
honourable or malicious - they are still guilty of pestering and disturbing
me.

There are a few people (that I don't know) who call at the door that I
don't mind, but I *hate* cold callers, spammers etc.

JWs are particularly pernicious because they don't recognise a polite "no
thanks", nor a forceful "no", nor a blatant "please go away"; instead they
try to put a verbal foot in the door and keep you going. And it's harder to
close the door than it is to put the phone down.

I find saying "No thanks" to JWs and close the door works fine for me.

It really is time for us to make it clear to all unsolicited callers etc
that their techniques stink.

--
Definitions:
"Brexicide" -- Destroying the prosperity of the UK by leaving the EU.