Windows 10 won't connect to WiFi on my Draytek router - why?

Old July 17th 18, 11:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns[_5_]

Default Windows 10 won't connect to WiFi on my Draytek router - why?

Nick Leverton wrote:

Following a roam
between APs, other devices on the network do not know which AP is supposed
to be handling the Layer 2 packets for the destination device.

In most cases they don't need to know, the AP is only acting as a
bridge, not a router.

As soon as the device has associated with a new AP, any IP packet that's
sent (including from TCP retransmissions) will associate the client's
MAC address with the port on the switch(es) that the AP is connected
to/through, and that's it, no ARP flush necessary as the same client
ought to keep the same IP/MAC combination (assuming the roaming is
within a single subnet and anyway your TCP connections will be hosed if
not).

IME the thing that causes roaming clients to go wrong is they tend to
cling to a poor signal too long rather than roaming to a stronger signal
that is available, if only they would look.

Yes mesh systems have their place e.g they can kick the clients off a
weak signal and therefore force them to hop to a stronger one, and they
offer centralised management.