Yahoo Group invitation

Old February 23rd 19, 07:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J[_3_]

Default FTTX upgrade? - poor daffodils

Andy Burns wrote:
Graham J wrote:

I've seen something similar in the rural wilds of the fens, north of
Spalding; an area where there is perhaps one big farm every 5 miles
and no more than 10 houses in between.

If it's an area near Gosberton I think it stalled due to issues gaining
access over the railway line.* I've noticed similar pole-based fibre in
use around Deeping st Nicholas/Hop Pole

No, some 15km almost due east of Gosberton, so actually n-e of Spalding;
my mistake.

--
Graham J
Old March 3rd 19, 10:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Vir Campestris

On 23/02/2019 09:58, Martin Brown wrote:
Anyone else in a highly rural setting seeing inexplicable actions by BT?

Highly explicable now

While the fibre into our village does go in ducts in a few places the
vast majority of it is overhead. It may be that they are planning the
same for you.

It's possible you're getting the same thing - Taxpayer subsidies for
rural installations. (As a taxpayer I'm glad I got something back)

Andy
Old March 4th 19, 10:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Brown[_2_]

On 03/03/2019 21:33, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 23/02/2019 09:58, Martin Brown wrote:
Anyone else in a highly rural setting seeing inexplicable actions by BT?

Highly explicable now

While the fibre into our village does go in ducts in a few places the
vast majority of it is overhead. It may be that they are planning the
same for you.

In the same vein at the start of last year they BT installed about
twenty brand new telephone poles along another road I travel regularly.
They also netted the hedges with bright coloured mesh. The poles are
still totally unused and the netting now has a years growth of hedge
through it. By next year birds will be able to nest in the thick hedge
that has grown outside the netting!

It's possible you're getting the same thing - Taxpayer subsidies for
rural installations. (As a taxpayer I'm glad I got something back)

I suspect it is a tax year spend it or lose it by 4/4 game of some sort.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown