Calls via VOIP fail

Old July 29th 18, 10:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Malcolm Loades[_2_]

Default Calls via VOIP fail

A number I call several times a week in Zimbabwe (around 90 minutes
total per week) has had its area code changed. Calling the number using
the new area code via JustVoip, HotVoip or 18185 fails. However,
dialling the number via BT or a mobile provider connects perfectly
........ at horrendous cost!

Any thoughts on how to get round this problem?

Malcolm
Old July 29th 18, 02:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Sunday, 29 July 2018 10:18:21 UTC+1, Malcolm Loades wrote:
A number I call several times a week in Zimbabwe (around 90 minutes
total per week) has had its area code changed. Calling the number using
the new area code via JustVoip, HotVoip or 18185 fails. However,
dialling the number via BT or a mobile provider connects perfectly
....... at horrendous cost!
Any thoughts on how to get round this problem?

The VoIP providers need to open up dialling to the new number ranges. Log a fault with them. BT will have been informed of the numbering changes by the Zimbabwean operators or regulators, but smaller providers won't know it's happened.

Owain