Wireless router with guest wifi networks

Old July 5th 18, 10:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pete Zahut[_2_]

Default Wireless router with guest wifi networks

Michael Chare was thinking very hard :
On 03/07/2018 23:58, Pete Zahut wrote:
I currently have an Asus router that has four separate wifi networks for
guest use. Each network can have its own SSID, password, and is completely
isolated from all other networks whether wired or wifi.

It's on its last legs and I need a replacement but having guest wifi access
is a must, preferably four as I have now but I could do with three at a
push.

Any recommendations?

I have a Zyxel VMG8924-B10A bought 2nd hand on ebay for less that 25. It can
have 3 additional guest wifi networks. A feature I have not used.

Cheers Michael, I'll have a look.

To be honest, I don't think the facility is of much use in an
'ordinary' domestic setting but I work from home doing computer
repairs, so if a customer's machine has a virus, I need to keep it
isolated from my own networks, which is why I need it.
Old July 10th 18, 11:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian Caspersz

On 04/07/18 18:24, Roderick Stewart wrote:
On Wed, 4 Jul 2018 15:03:15 +0100, Adrian Caspersz

Any recommendations?

Technicolor TN582N and some frigging about with telnet.

50 pence from the nearest car boot sale, works fine - up to 4 SSIDs

https://support.aa.net.uk/Router_-_TG582N_-_WiFi

You might be disappointed with the wireless performance. This is the
unit supplied by my ISP when I first got FTTC. It works, but wireless
didn't cover the entire house,

True, it's not a brilliant signal. I relocated mine to the high centre
of the house, and coverage in certain areas is adequate but yup, not
stunning. However things that need stunning links here are connected by
wire or even segments of fibre ...

I like the device for it's VLAN configurations, each VLAN on a different
SSID. It also plays nicely with managed switches, and trunks with tagged
packets (which is how the TG582N is connected to the switch). That is if
mucking about geek-like with the Telnet CLI. Otherwise, the standard
config is fairly lame. Mileage varies

--
Adrian C