ADSL 2+ upgrade at 3.5km 47dB attn

Old July 10th 18, 11:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Brown[_2_]

Default ADSL 2+ upgrade at 3.5km 47dB attn

Our rural exchange has upgraded from ADSL Max to full ADSL 2+ this
weekend. The wires are still the same old ancient copper.

I already got 5M/0.448M and had looked at the graphs for my range and
line attenuation so I wasn't expecting much improvement maybe 10%.

I now get

5.94M/1.0M with SNR 6.0 and 6.7 respectively = +20%, +110%.

It has now adjusted after 24 hours to be even more aggressive with

6.67M/1.01M with SNR 3.0 and 6.7 respectively.

Error seconds are clocking up on uplink and downlink.
I suspect it will back off a bit if things become unstable but it is
certainly a fair bit quicker today than in the past.

Other friends in the village who previous only got 1.5M/0.35M report
almost a doubling of speed on their lines this week. Not quite enough to
watch an HD video stream without stalling but really much closer now.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown