Port forwarding on Sky Q Hub

Old May 18th 19, 09:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NY

Default Port forwarding on Sky Q Hub

If we go for a Sky ISP connection, it looks as if I'll have to use the Sky Q
Hub because my beloved TP Link 9980 doesn't support MER/61 authentication
which Sky uses.

I've seen mixed reports about port forwarding - some people saying that it
doesn't work.

I want to map:

1.2.3.4:81 - 192.168.1.5:80
1.2.3.4:82 - 192.168.1.6:80
1.2.3.4:83 - 192.168.1.7:80
etc

where 1.2.3.4 is the router's public IP address, and the private IPs that I
mention are all "static" (done as DHCP with address reservation).

so I can access various security cameras which all present a web server on
port 80 (non configurable) of their IP address.

Dead easy on the TPlink, and it works perfectly. I did set up a safety rule
1.2.3.4:80 - 192.168.1.254 (where 254 was outside the router's DHCP scope
and therefore the address was guaranteed never to exist).

I know there's the added problem that the public IP address may change from
time to time, but I've got DDNS that copes with that.