VPN on Windows 10

Old June 20th 19, 10:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Wade[_3_]

Default VPN on Windows 10

On 15/06/2019 20:52, David Wade wrote:
On 14/06/2019 08:24, Graham J wrote:
David Wade wrote:

[snip]

I use the native client with my router to a dynamic IP. You do need
to generate and install a certificate but it seems to work ok...

In my case the remote client has the dynamic IP, and the Draytek
router is the VPN server having the static IP.

In my case both have dynamic IP. The router registers the VPN address
with a DNS name.

In the Draytek configuration page the only way to enable the "IKE
Authentication Method" (which offers either the pre-shared key or an
X.509 certificate) is to first enable "Specify Remote Client" which
provides for either an IP address or a "Peer ID". I do see that there
is a separate page for "VPN IKE/IPsec General Setup" and this would
allow me to set up one key for all dial-in clients; which might work.

I know I had to do lots of twiddling to get it working. Perhaps its
that the 2862 I have has different options?

It would be much easier if I could get the PPTP option to work!

Have you opened a case on the Drayteck support site? They seem very
helpfull

Dave

Well I am now in Spain and set up my VPN as per the instructions he-

https://www.draytek.com/support/knowledge-base/5390

and it connects just fine with the Windows/10 Native Client. I did need
a re-boot at one point, I think when the DNS got totally messed up...

Dave